Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 758

Thread: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

  1. #711
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    8 years is not neglect, now if Clinton had done nothing and Bush 41 had done nothing, that would be neglect. But we have to listen to the constant drone of leftwing childish hackery on a daily basis feeding us lie after lie.
    Well, the childish hackey and lie after lie is not limited to the left wing. Have you heard Coulter, Beck, Rush, Fox, and many of the childish hacks who lying hyperbole so dominates what passes for conservative discussion on these threads?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #712
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, it does require spending cuts, however, are you aware of the wording in the Presidents offer, as given by Tax cheat Giethner to the repubs on this? It said...

    $400 Billion in unspecified cuts to be hashed out next year, (and the important part) with NO guarantees.....

    Now, we repubs have seen this before, and frankly don't trust a word a demo says that has this sort of scenario in it.

    It would be nice to get passed the hyperpartisan bull, maybe you should try it Joe....Just take a look at how you approach even the the beginning of this reply, basically talking down to me, which in person would lead me to tell you to go * yourself, however, in here I'll give the benefit of the doubt and address the actual point of your post which is above.
    Here is the reality, which is what counts. The GOP backed themselves into a corner when they negotiated the sequester earlier this year. They came up with the idea because they thought they could hang Obama with it. Now it has come back to bite them on the ass. Here is what the GOP is up against now.............

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #713
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Here is the reality, which is what counts. The GOP backed themselves into a corner when they negotiated the sequester earlier this year. They came up with the idea because they thought they could hang Obama with it. Now it has come back to bite them on the ass. Here is what the GOP is up against now.............

    Did that poll give any clue as to in what those people polled believed Boehner was handling the negotiations poorly and in what way Obama was handling them well? Since these negotiations are largely happening in private, who cares what an uninformed public thinks at this point.

  4. #714
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Did that poll give any clue as to in what those people polled believed Boehner was handling the negotiations poorly and in what way Obama was handling them well? Since these negotiations are largely happening in private, who cares what an uninformed public thinks at this point.
    Because the public, uninformed or not, will be going back to the polls in 2 more years. You had better care, and at least attempt to overcome the perception that prevails that it is the GOP wrecking the economy, lest you want to become irrelevant.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #715
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Because the public, uninformed or not, will be going back to the polls in 2 more years. You had better care, and at least attempt to overcome the perception that prevails that it is the GOP wrecking the economy, lest you want to become irrelevant.
    So what is Boehner doing that is so bad?

  6. #716
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    So what is Boehner doing that is so bad?
    Typical type of question from you, and my point has gone over your head. Let's try this again. Doesn't matter if what Boehner is doing is good or bad. The vast majority of the voters in this poll don't like what he is doing. To win elections, you need to win a majority. If the GOP was willing to compromise with the 51% majority of the population that voted for Obama, they would stay a major party. To go with their scorched earth policies means political suicide for them. If the GOP shuts down the government this time, they are doomed.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #717
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Typical type of question from you, and my point has gone over your head.
    Typical? Really? Gosh, I wasnt aware that I had asked that many questions of you in the past. But if by typical you mean that my goal was to flush out and clarify your position, then, yes, that is what I was doing. And that is typical of me. If that annoys you, well, too bad.
    Let's try this again. Doesn't matter if what Boehner is doing is good or bad. The vast majority of the voters in this poll don't like what he is doing.
    Well, thats why I asked what it is he is doing that is so unpopular. Your answer, I gather, is that he may not be doing anything wrong and may in fact being doing a terrific job. You dont know and like the respondents in the poll, dont care. Your only interest is what people without knowledge of what is truly going on feel about what is going on.
    To win elections, you need to win a majority. If the GOP was willing to compromise with the 51% majority of the population that voted for Obama, they would stay a major party.
    What would that compromise look like? (Or is that one of those 'typical' questions of mine that trouble you so)
    To go with their scorched earth policies means political suicide for them. If the GOP shuts down the government this time, they are doomed.
    I think you are confused about what is really going on here. The individual and the party that benefits most from no agreement is Obama and the democrats. If there is no agreement, they get everything they want: higher taxes, cuts in defense, and the ability to blame republicans if anything goes wrong. Obama, if you really think about it, has no reason to compromise or even make a serious proposal--and he has not done so, nor will he. In case you hadnt noticed, Boehner has already agreed to come up with the $800 billion that Obama wanted confiscated from the rich. So whats holding up the deal? (sorry, last question)

  8. #718
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Typical type of question from you, and my point has gone over your head. Let's try this again. Doesn't matter if what Boehner is doing is good or bad. The vast majority of the voters in this poll don't like what he is doing. To win elections, you need to win a majority. If the GOP was willing to compromise with the 51% majority of the population that voted for Obama, they would stay a major party. To go with their scorched earth policies means political suicide for them. If the GOP shuts down the government this time, they are doomed.
    All you say could come true but watching politics for the last 40 years has created my incredible cynicism in the majority of the electorate, especially when it comes to polls. It is quite similar to the weather changing on a dime all the time. Two years is a century away and MANY things can happen to either sweeten or sour the GOP…or the Democrats for that matter. Did anyone predict the shellacking in 2010? One would have thought with the pitiful approval rating of Congress we would see more shift in November but it didn’t move much, either way.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  9. #719
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    All you say could come true but watching politics for the last 40 years has created my incredible cynicism in the majority of the electorate, especially when it comes to polls. It is quite similar to the weather changing on a dime all the time. Two years is a century away and MANY things can happen to either sweeten or sour the GOP…or the Democrats for that matter. Did anyone predict the shellacking in 2010? One would have thought with the pitiful approval rating of Congress we would see more shift in November but it didn’t move much, either way.


    Ah......the Karl Rove method......

    "Karl Rove: “At least 279 electoral votes.” “It comes down to numbers. And in the final days of this presidential race, from polling data to early voting, they favor Mitt Romney,” Rove wrote in a WSJ op-ed ignoring the fact that most polls showed growing momentum for the president. He predicted that Romney will win 51 percent of the popular vote and “at least 279 electoral votes.”

    The Ten Worst Predictions Of The 2012 Election | ThinkProgress
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #720
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Ah......the Karl Rove method......

    "Karl Rove: “At least 279 electoral votes.” “It comes down to numbers. And in the final days of this presidential race, from polling data to early voting, they favor Mitt Romney,” Rove wrote in a WSJ op-ed ignoring the fact that most polls showed growing momentum for the president. He predicted that Romney will win 51 percent of the popular vote and “at least 279 electoral votes.”

    The Ten Worst Predictions Of The 2012 Election | ThinkProgress
    Ambiguous…please clarify. What did I say that was pertinent to the presidential race?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •