Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 758

Thread: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

  1. #621
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I am all for cutting our wasteful military spending, but if you are talking about abandoning the debt we owe to SS, you did not pay attention to the presidential election.
    What has the Presidential election got to do with the public debt? It is there no matter who is President and will grow dramatically over the next few years.. A way has to be figured out how to get spending under control and obviously Barrack Obama cannot do the job because he just doesn't have any managerial experience. Do you think the American electorate figured they could vote themselves rich and independent by electing Obama???

    He should have at least tried to get the debt under control, which he did promise to do during his first campaign, but failed miserably. He didn't even try this promise during his second campaign because he knew he didn't know how to do it. No one on his staff knows, or genuinely cares. They just don't mention the debt anymore and for obvious reasons.

    Now it is 'right wing' to even talk of presenting an honest budget, must less balancing one.

  2. #622
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's about reducing the deficit.


    The difference between his debt and Bush's is that Bush generated most of his debt. Bush inherited a structurely sound economy with debt growing at it's lowest levet in years; then cut taxes while fighting two wars and turned a 10 year projected 6 trillion dollar surplus into an 8 trillion dollar deficit. Whereas Obama inherited a structurely doomed economy where debt was already increasing at over a trillion dollars a year.


    Your sour grapes are noted.

    War time is such a great time to lower taxes! NOT

  3. #623
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,387

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You know this? Do you have any data to support this claim?
    How the US Nation Debt could be paid-off NOW

  4. #624
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's about reducing the deficit.
    Do you seriously believe that the 2% will reduce the deficit, or even that Barrack Obama will use whatever money he gets to pay down the deficit? That's a remarkable statement, given Obama's history.

    The difference between his debt and Bush's is that Bush generated most of his debt. Bush inherited a structurely sound economy with debt growing at it's lowest levet in years; then cut taxes while fighting two wars and turned a 10 year projected 6 trillion dollar surplus into an 8 trillion dollar deficit. Whereas Obama inherited a structurely doomed economy where debt was already increasing at over a trillion dollars a year.
    Bush inherited a $5.8 trillion dollar debt and a recession. You can look it up.

    Your sour grapes are noted.
    LOL! We'll know the truth soon enough.

  5. #625
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,387

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What has the Presidential election got to do with the public debt? It is there no matter who is President and will grow dramatically over the next few years.. A way has to be figured out how to get spending under control and obviously Barrack Obama cannot do the job because he just doesn't have any managerial experience. Do you think the American electorate figured they could vote themselves rich and independent by electing Obama???

    He should have at least tried to get the debt under control, which he did promise to do during his first campaign, but failed miserably. He didn't even try this promise during his second campaign because he knew he didn't know how to do it. No one on his staff knows, or genuinely cares. They just don't mention the debt anymore and for obvious reasons.

    Now it is 'right wing' to even talk of presenting an honest budget, must less balancing one.
    Revenue is at 15% of GDP (the lowest % since 1950) and spending is at 24%. We need to meet near the middle and a first step is ending those cuts for those who don't need them. If the GOP wants to hit everyone with an increase they will also get the full $800 billion cut from defense. I am liking that idea more and more.

  6. #626
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you seriously believe that the 2% will reduce the deficit, or even that Barrack Obama will use whatever money he gets to pay down the deficit? That's a remarkable statement, given Obama's history.

    .
    If it pulls cash out of hedge funds, investment banks, etc. and puts it back into our consumer economy at this point in time it will be a good thing.

  7. #627
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That's your source??

    It's an opinion piece!

    Here's another more realistic source.

    Bill Whittle Benighted Comment

  8. #628
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If it pulls cash out of hedge funds, investment banks, etc. and puts it back into our consumer economy at this point in time it will be a good thing.
    A good thing for whom?

  9. #629
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    War time is such a great time to lower taxes! NOT
    FDR, a much better president than Bush, was smart enough to raise taxes during wartime. FDR managed to fight, and win, a world war, defeating the Nazi's, the Fascists, and starting the program to develop atomic weapons, which ultimately led to the demise of the Imperialists. Conversely, George Bush borrowed the money to pay for his wars, one of which was a war of choice where he invaded a nation which had not attacked us and which did not have the weapons for which he invaded and he spent 6 years fighting an insurgency.

  10. #630
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What has the Presidential election got to do with the public debt? It is there no matter who is President and will grow dramatically over the next few years.. A way has to be figured out how to get spending under control and obviously Barrack Obama cannot do the job because he just doesn't have any managerial experience. Do you think the American electorate figured they could vote themselves rich and independent by electing Obama???

    He should have at least tried to get the debt under control, which he did promise to do during his first campaign, but failed miserably. He didn't even try this promise during his second campaign because he knew he didn't know how to do it. No one on his staff knows, or genuinely cares. They just don't mention the debt anymore and for obvious reasons.

    Now it is 'right wing' to even talk of presenting an honest budget, must less balancing one.


    Neither party is very much concerned with the National debt, or they would not have voted last week for $650 billion in military spending.

    The major difference in the parties is that one wants to walk away from the $2.6 trillion dollars owed to SS by keeping the tax cuts for the wealthy, and the other party believes we have an obligation to repay our debts.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •