Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 758

Thread: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

  1. #511
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Same could be said about what you and turtle say are hand out do we not pay for them.
    I dont think either he or I were referring to SS as a handout. Medicare/medicaid is a different story since even though people pay into the system, they take out 3x what they paid in. But I think you should be able to figure out what a handout is and what it isnt.
    I also find it funny that Republicans are screaming about a debt they had a heavy hand in running up. Once Clinton and a few smart Republicans got together and fixed the problem. We had eight years of a bunch of retards run up the debt again. They same "Reagan" Republicans. You know those that pray at the alter of a man that tripled the debt while in office and say that he was fiscal conservative. I find it funny the Republicans try to rewrite history. Personal I think we should tax the hell out of every Republican until 75% of the debt is paid after all Republicans caused 3/4 quarters of the mess. I think Dems would be happy to fork over the last 25%.
    You realize, of course, that Obama added more debt in 4 years than Bush did in 8, right? So does that make Obama twice the 'retard?'

  2. #512
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. I'm asking a questioned based solely on what's has transpired. You do seem to be misreading.
    No, you're kind of being a jerk right now, so keep it up and I'll just go ahead and report it....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Allowing me to keep what is rightfully my own is not a handout. Unless, of course, you believe that every time a thief robs you he is doing you a favor.
    Lol yet you want the poor to pay down a debt Republicans and the wealthy created? Reagans tax cut caused massive debt even though congress got it stopped he still tripled the debt. Bush blew it out of the water with his tax break that only benefited the rich and the went to war twice without paying for it I wonder who made a fortune off those wars and tax cuts certianly wasnt middle America

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I dont think either he or I were referring to SS as a handout. Medicare/medicaid is a different story since even though people pay into the system, they take out 3x what they paid in. But I think you should be able to figure out what a handout is and what it isnt.You realize, of course, that Obama added more debt in 4 years than Bush did in 8, right? So does that make Obama twice the 'retard?'
    Yes I do because he had to to get us out of the mess Republicans created? Lol are who is in denying history now?

  5. #515
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, you're kind of being a jerk right now, so keep it up and I'll just go ahead and report it....
    That's your choice j. I mean nothing more than I've stated. How would you suggest I approach it when you misread something? I'm open to suggestions.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #516
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Lol yet you want the poor to pay down a debt Republicans and the wealthy created? Reagans tax cut caused massive debt even though congress got it stopped he still tripled the debt. Bush blew it out of the water with his tax break that only benefited the rich and the went to war twice without paying for it I wonder who made a fortune off those wars and tax cuts certianly wasnt middle America

    stop fibbing-its the middle class that drives congressional spending. its the middle and lower classes (ie net tax consumers) who have the most votes.

    so you are saying Bush't tax cuts only helped the rich

    THAN WHY DOES YOUR MASTER OBAMA WANT TO KEEP THEM IN PLACE FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS

  7. #517
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    stop fibbing-its the middle class that drives congressional spending. its the middle and lower classes (ie net tax consumers) who have the most votes.

    so you are saying Bush't tax cuts only helped the rich

    THAN WHY DOES YOUR MASTER OBAMA WANT TO KEEP THEM IN PLACE FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ost.android&hl

    If the tax cuts were so great for the middle class how come the income diparity increased and the rich got richer. Now explain that to me Middle income went slightly down under Bush while the income for the top exploded.

  8. #518
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,952

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ....

    so you are saying Bush't tax cuts only helped the rich

    THAN WHY DOES YOUR MASTER OBAMA WANT TO KEEP THEM IN PLACE FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS
    The Bush tax cuts disproportionately helped the rich more than the middleclass.
    President GW Bush cut the tax bills of the rich by much bigger dollar amounts than the tax bills of everyone else.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #519
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ost.android&hl

    If the tax cuts were so great for the middle class how come the income diparity increased and the rich got richer. Now explain that to me Middle income went slightly down under Bush while the income for the top exploded.
    so you think taxes should mean that those who have lots of money to invest should not increase their wealth any faster than those who spend most of what they have?

  10. #520
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    The Bush tax cuts disproportionately helped the rich more than the middleclass.
    President GW Bush cut the tax bills of the rich by much bigger dollar amounts than the tax bills of everyone else.
    uh that is because the rich pay far more of the taxes but the Bush rates mean that the RICH PAY A HIGHER SHARE OF THE INCOME TAX BURDEN THAN THEY DID BEFORE THEM

    do you realize how STUPID your post is? if the top 5% pay more than HALF THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX a tax cut is going to mean that 5% gets more cuts than those who pay ALMOST NOTHING.

Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •