Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 758

Thread: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

  1. #181
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,078

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    My problem is the whole kicking the can down the road without any MEANINGFUL solution is ridiculous. BOTH sides are the problem.
    I was only addressing the issue of the tax rate increase and tax reforms were the best place to start. They are a meaningful down payment on the problem and fundamentally a no brain. The real problems are going to be in reduction of mandatory and discretionary spending. There is much to debate there. That said, people have to be realistic, they are not going to come up with comprehensive entitlement reform between now and January 1. The can has already been kicked down the road.

  2. #182
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Actually more than 80 percent agree with a tax increase for the "rich':



    read more:

    More than 80 percent of Americans want to tax the rich | SF Politics
    most fleas think the dog should not scratch

    most little piggies want momma hog to let them suckle longer

  3. #183
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by gmeyers1944 View Post
    I disagree. Tax cuts = more employment = more people paying taxes = MORE revenue. Raising tax rates only raises revenue briefly until it's negative effect on the economy brings about the opposite effect.
    There is actually no evidence to support your position. In fact, we have studies that show tax cuts do not add to employment. You could also just look at the last eight years, where we've been losing jobs under tax cuts. While those being increased may whine, there is really no evidence to support their whining.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #184
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    With obama occupying the office then you are probably correct.
    However, his lower qualification was approved before the election.
    He is not less qualified. You sound like you don't know what the qualifications are.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #185
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Actually more than 80 percent agree with a tax increase for the "rich':



    read more:

    More than 80 percent of Americans want to tax the rich | SF Politics
    People are always going to be in favor for tax hikes, for someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #186
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    People are always going to be in favor for tax hikes, for someone else.
    So who are you in foavor of tax hikes for?

  7. #187
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So who are you in foavor of tax hikes for?
    Liberals.....................
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Liberals.....................
    Nah you are not a partison are ya?

  9. #189
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Nah you are not a partison are ya?

    No, but I do believe that everyone who screams to high heaven about raising taxes should lead by example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, but I do believe that everyone who screams to high heaven about raising taxes should lead by example.
    President Obama would be raising his own taxes.

Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •