Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 758

Thread: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Ok, here is what you are not understanding. I don't care if Obama "said" it could be done and I don't really care if the GOP "says" it can be done, WITHOUT SPECIFICS ON HOW, IT'S JUST RHETORIC. Now do you understand or do you just "believe" it can be done like the rest?

    I'm not saying Obama is not to blame, he is. I'm also pointing out the GOP is doing EXACTLY what they have complained about the Dems doing. ALL talk and no specifics on HOW. They just want you to "believe" it can be done without saying HOW it can be done. Sorry, I'm not buying it from ANY side.
    So you don't think obama is being disingenuous now by saying it can't be done when he very recently proposed the exact same thing himself? This proves he is playing politics with this and has absolutely no intention of working with the other side of the isle to avoid the fiscal cliff. Say hello to a double dip recession.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So you don't think obama is being disingenuous now by saying it can't be done when he very recently proposed the exact same thing himself? This proves he is playing politics with this and has absolutely no intention of working with the other side of the isle to avoid the fiscal cliff. Say hello to a double dip recession.
    Of course Obama is playing politics as is the GOP. This is the WHOLE problem with the government right now. BOTH sides care more about keeping their little empire and hurting the "other side" than they do about doing what's right for America.

    The problem is that the voters of BOTH sides somehow think "their" side isn't to blame and continue to be little sheeple in voting these clowns back into office.

    If people REALLY wanted change, they would stop voting Dem/Rep. However, the majority do not want real change, they just want "their" side to give them what they want.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 12-06-12 at 10:11 AM.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,551

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by thenextera View Post
    of course obama is playing politics as is the gop. This is the whole problem with the government right now. Both sides care more about keeping their little empire and hurting the "other side" than they do about doing what's right the america.

    The problem is that the voters of both sides somehow think "their" side isn't to blame and continue to be little sheeple in voting these clowns back into office.

    Hear Hear!!!!!!

    Both sides are equally to blame. Both Sides.

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Obama is playing politics with the lives of us Americans he supposedly is in office to do good things for. His statement that he will not sign a bill that does not raise taxes on the rich proves he is more interested in destroying Republicans than he is in leading us out of this horrible economy. If Reps can find a way to meet his dollar requirements through closing loop holes the rich use then there should be a deal. What obama wants though is to weaken Reps with their base by forcing them to break their pledge not to raise taxes or to go over the cliff and blame it on Reps in order to turn the general public against them. Obama just may drag us into another recession, possibly even a new depression.


    "President Obama today declared there would be no deal to avert the looming fiscal cliff unless Republicans agree to raise rates on the top 2 percent of income-earners."

    No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says - ABC News
    good for the president, stay strong obama.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Of course Obama is doing exactly the opposite, making more and more dependent upon it for their very existance. Yes he can!
    "Lil Timmy G"......telling Boehner that Obama will let it go over the Fiscal Cliff. Do you think he is bluffing?

    First Obama wanted like 800Bn. Repubs say okay we come up with 400billion with loopholes and deductions. Obama now comes back with he wants 1.6trillion. Boehner confers with House Repubs. They now counter they can come up with 600Bn but Obama has to cut spending and give up some meat on Entitlements. Team Obama says they are willing to do so.....but just not now. That they will give up some entitlements.

    Do you think most should look at this smoke and mirror show being so crucial with all the talk of going over the Fiscal Cliff? Isn't the real issue for January the debt ceiling? Obama is a fool to think Congress should give him Control of the Debt Limit.

    Why hasn't anyone said anything to Obama's putz-azz about those 76 major US cities with Economies that did not grow last year or the year before? They got that shiznit straight out of the Brookings Institute. Plus Obama got straight from bowles Simpson didn't he? What now he can't he listen to the people who he relied on before? That's 300 total cities in the World with economies. We have 76.....What is not sinking in for the Progressives?

  6. #156
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,609

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    "Lil Timmy G"......telling Boehner that Obama will let it go over the Fiscal Cliff. Do you think he is bluffing?

    First Obama wanted like 800Bn. Repubs say okay we come up with 400billion with loopholes and deductions. Obama now comes back with he wants 1.6trillion. Boehner confers with House Repubs. They now counter they can come up with 600Bn but Obama has to cut spending and give up some meat on Entitlements. Team Obama says they are willing to do so.....but just not now. That they will give up some entitlements.

    Do you think most should look at this smoke and mirror show being so crucial with all the talk of going over the Fiscal Cliff? Isn't the real issue for January the debt ceiling? Obama is a fool to think Congress should give him Control of the Debt Limit.

    Why hasn't anyone said anything to Obama's putz-azz about those 76 major US cities with Economies that did not grow last year or the year before? They got that shiznit straight out of the Brookings Institute. Plus Obama got straight from bowles Simpson didn't he? What now he can't he listen to the people who he relied on before? That's 300 total cities in the World with economies. We have 76.....What is not sinking in for the Progressives?
    Progressives still firmly believe in income redistribution and see the US as having a "poor" majority and a "rich" minority. Politically they see the opportunity to keep beating the "class warfare" drums and repeating the myth that taxation only of "the rich" will make their dreams possible. They are dangerously close to making that happen, PPACA just may seal the deal, as the republicants seem powerless to stop the deficit spending madness for fear of losing "popularity" among the voting public. With Obama, and the MSM, constantly pushing the notion that since the USA is a "rich" nation, simply reallocating that vast amount of money "correctly" (via gov't mandtaes) will somehow make the unproductive become productive and that the productive will continue to be equally so, profit or not. The era of big gov't is not over, it is just beginning. Yes they can!
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 12-06-12 at 10:32 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    [Obama is a fool to think Congress should give him Control of the Debt Limit.
    Actually it's negotiating 101. Demand something outragous, so when the other side comes back and says "no way", you can say "ok, well I'll take that off the table, but I want <insert new demand here>.

    I don't think Obama really thinks congress will give him that power, I think he is just playing politics.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Progressives still firmly believe in income redistribution and see the US as having a "poor" majority and a "rich" minority. Politically they see opportunity to keep beating the "class warfare" drums and repeating the myth that taxation only of "the rich" will make their dreams possible. They are dangerously close to making that happen, PPACA will seal the deal, as the republicants seem powerless to stop the deficit spending madness for fear of losing "popularity" among the voting public. With Obama, and the MSM, constantly pushing the notion that since the USA is a "rich" nation, simply reallocating that vast amount of money "correctly" will somehow make the unproductive become more productive and that the productive will continue to be equally so, profit or not. The era of big gov't is not over, it is just beginning. !
    And do you beleive that the GOP do not like big government? HLS, Patriot Act, subsidies to farmers, rewarding companies that go overseas, corporate tax cuts, etc.

    The GOP and Dems are just two sides of the same coin. The only difference is who their benefactors of the big government cheese is.

    EDIT: and yes, I know the Dems have voted or agreed to many of that as well, which is why I say the GOP and Dems are just different sides of the same coin. Both sides like their power and both sides want to keep it at all costs, even if it hurts the American people or the U.S.

  9. #159
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,609

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And do you beleive that the GOP do not like big government? HLS, Patriot Act, subsidies to farmers, rewarding companies that go overseas, corporate tax cuts, etc.

    The GOP and Dems are just two sides of the same coin. The only difference is who their benefactors of the big government cheese is.
    I agree with you here. In DC both parties are controlled by the need for massive campaign cash to keep their power. The left, however, has a big advantage, the "free" press is on its side, so it is currently using that to beat down the republicants. The TP (fiscal conservatism) scares the republicants much more than the demorats as they hold no such allegiance to their pork (yet). Neither party can (or will likely) present sufficient spending cuts, and both now seem to agree that they need more taxation to keep up all of the gov't spending madness but, as you say, having (sometimes) different sacred spending cows.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 12-06-12 at 10:44 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #160
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,950

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    50% isn't, "most".
    Actually more than 80 percent agree with a tax increase for the "rich':

    More than 80 percent of Americans want to tax the rich
    read more:

    More than 80 percent of Americans want to tax the rich | SF Politics
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •