Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 758

Thread: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

  1. #121
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-03-17 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey kids, that rightwing meme. We haven't seen it for a while. I mean how else could a black man become president if not by affirmative action.
    Obama did have to meet a lower standard than McCain did in order to qualify for the office.
    That is the definition of affirmative action.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Obama did have to meet a lower standard than McCain did in order to qualify for the office.
    That is the definition of affirmative action.
    Bull ****!!!!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #123
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-03-17 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Bull ****!!!!
    Absolute truth.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Absolute truth.
    No, clear, plain, absolute bull ****!!!!

    Heard a lot of mindless pity party whining since the election, but that has to be called what it is:BULL ****!!!!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #125
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-03-17 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, clear, plain, absolute bull ****!!!!

    Heard a lot of mindless pity party whining since the election, but that has to be called what it is:BULL ****!!!!
    YOU can call it anything you want. But, that fact is that it's the truth.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    YOU can call it anything you want. But, that fact is that it's the truth.
    Only if the words fact and truth have lost all actual meaning and stand for bull ****!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #127
    Advisor gmeyers1944's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westfield,NY (on Lake Erie)
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    503

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    More than with tax cuts. But we do need to raise taxes and cut spending. Perhaps once the posturing stops, they'll get to work.
    I disagree. Tax cuts = more employment = more people paying taxes = MORE revenue. Raising tax rates only raises revenue briefly until it's negative effect on the economy brings about the opposite effect.

  8. #128
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-03-17 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Only if the words fact and truth have lost all actual meaning and stand for bull ****!
    With obama occupying the office then you are probably correct.
    However, his lower qualification was approved before the election.

  9. #129
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if dems really believed the bs they spewed they would demand that everyone pay more taxes
    See, that's stupid. Some people live hand to mouth, and already are too poor to get by. What kind of idiot would try to get more money from them? They're already perpetually in the red.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: No Fiscal Deal Without Higher Tax Rates On Rich, Obama Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    See, that's stupid. Some people live hand to mouth, and already are too poor to get by. What kind of idiot would try to get more money from them? They're already perpetually in the red.
    Pay day loan shops.

Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •