Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

  1. #31
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey kids, another rightwing meme.

    Why bother to think at all!
    Yeah, I know you don't.
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    Yeah, I know you don't.
    Especially when it comes to overseas! Do you think the Democratic Underground paper was copied fully?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    Yeah, I know you don't.
    Wow, enough with the clever repartee. Better just post another meme. How about the 55 state meme or the teleprompter meme, or the affirmative action meme.

    I mean, it's all you got, really, isn't it?

  4. #34
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Wow, enough with the clever repartee. Better just post another meme. How about the 55 state meme or the teleprompter meme, or the affirmative action meme.

    I mean, it's all you got, really, isn't it?
    memememememememememememememe!!!!!! Landru
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Wow, enough with the clever repartee. Better just post another meme. How about the 55 state meme or the teleprompter meme, or the affirmative action meme.

    I mean, it's all you got, really, isn't it?

    Mind if I borrow that Mirror ya lookin in.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    Egypt's Mursi leaves palace as police battle protesters

    (Reuters) - Egyptian police battled thousands of protesters outside President Mohamed Mursi's palace in Cairo on Tuesday, prompting the Islamist leader to leave the building, presidency sources said.

    Officers fired teargas at up to 10,000 demonstrators angered by Mursi's drive to hold a referendum on a new constitution on December 15. Some broke through police lines around his palace and protested next to the perimeter wall.

    The crowds had gathered nearby in what organizers had dubbed "last warning" protests against Mursi, who infuriated opponents with a November 22 decree that expanded his powers. "The people want the downfall of the regime," the demonstrators chanted.

    "The president left the palace," a presidential source, who declined to be named, told Reuters. A security source at the presidency also said the president had departed.

    Mursi ignited a storm of unrest in his bid to prevent a judiciary still packed with appointees of ousted predecessor Hosni Mubarak from derailing a troubled political transition.

    Facing the gravest crisis of his six-month-old tenure, the Islamist president has shown no sign of buckling under pressure.

    Riot police at the palace faced off against activists chanting "leave, leave" and holding Egyptian flags with "no to the constitution" written on them. Protesters had assembled near mosques in northern Cairo before marching towards the palace.

    "Our marches are against tyranny and the void constitutional decree and we won't retract our position until our demands are met," said Hussein Abdel Ghany, a spokesman for an opposition coalition of liberal, leftist and other disparate factions.

    Protesters later surrounded the palace, with some climbing on gates at the rear to look down into the gardens.

    At one point, people clambered onto a police armored vehicle and waved flags, while riot police huddled nearby.

    The Health Ministry said 18 people had been injured in clashes next to the palace, according to the state news agency.

    Read more:Egypt's Mursi leaves palace as police battle protesters | Reuters


    Thanks Obama for taking out our ally and supporting the Arab Spring and now we have a dictator worse than the other dictator. At least Mubarak kept the peace with Israel.

    Hard to believe the Egyptian people voted this guy in. They live in the ME and didn't realize what the MB stood for??? Are you kidding me??? Guess it's like the American people voting Obama back in...they have no idea what they are in for.

    Wonder when we'll hear from Obama about this power grab?? Never??? That's about it. I think he's too busy playing golf and getting ready for his Hawaii vacation.
    Morsi doesn't live in the presidential palace.. he just works there.. He lives in an Apartment.

    Secondly.. both Sunni Islam and the Muslim Brotherhood are delinking from rigid ideology... Watch .. its subtle but steadily happening...

    and the new Constitution is quite secular in nature.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Morsi doesn't live in the presidential palace.. he just works there.. He lives in an Apartment.

    Secondly.. both Sunni Islam and the Muslim Brotherhood are delinking from rigid ideology... Watch .. its subtle but steadily happening...

    and the new Constitution is quite secular in nature.

    CAIRO (Reuters) - Islamists battled with protesters outside Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi's palace on Thursday, after his vice president suggested amendments could be agreed to the draft constitution that has divided the nation.

    "No to dictatorship," Mursi's opponents chanted, while their rivals chanted: "Defending Mursi is defending Islam."

    Mursi's opponents accused him of creating a new autocracy by awarding himself extraordinary powers in a decree on November 22 and were further angered when an Islamist-dominated assembly pushed through a draft constitution that opponents said did not properly represent the aspirations of the whole nation.

    Medical sources said 211 people were wounded, some with gunshot wounds.....snip~

    Rivals clash as Mursi's deputy seeks end to Egypt crisis - Yahoo! News Canada


    What was ya tryin for here Sharon? Morsi thats his Palace now. Whether he chooses to live in it or not.

    Neither Sunni nor the MB are delinking from Rigid Ideology.....I would not mistake using whatever means to achieve their Grand Delusion as delinking. The only thing they have learned to do is.....learn how to play the game. Still it has taken them over 4k years. Just to learn those basics . Plus to wake up to the Stunning reality. That the rest of the planet will not keep putting up their BS. Do you think the MB has now figured out that they Are NOT the Brightest Bulb in the Room anymore? That actually their Candlelight cannot even compare to All the World on a Stage!

    Looks like with what the VP and all else were saying.....that Constitution doesn't looks so Secular now having to take a back seat to Sharia. First off.....don't you think the Egyptians should come up with their own name for the Piece of paper they want to define their country with? Why should we even let them call it a Constitution. As really there is only one!

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    CAIRO (Reuters) - Islamists battled with protesters outside Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi's palace on Thursday, after his vice president suggested amendments could be agreed to the draft constitution that has divided the nation.

    "No to dictatorship," Mursi's opponents chanted, while their rivals chanted: "Defending Mursi is defending Islam."

    Mursi's opponents accused him of creating a new autocracy by awarding himself extraordinary powers in a decree on November 22 and were further angered when an Islamist-dominated assembly pushed through a draft constitution that opponents said did not properly represent the aspirations of the whole nation.

    Medical sources said 211 people were wounded, some with gunshot wounds.....snip~

    Rivals clash as Mursi's deputy seeks end to Egypt crisis - Yahoo! News Canada


    What was ya tryin for here Sharon? Morsi thats his Palace now. Whether he chooses to live in it or not.

    Neither Sunni nor the MB are delinking from Rigid Ideology.....I would not mistake using whatever means to achieve their Grand Delusion as delinking. The only thing they have learned to do is.....learn how to play the game. Still it has taken them over 4k years. Just to learn those basics . Plus to wake up to the Stunning reality. That the rest of the planet will not keep putting up their BS. Do you think the MB has now figured out that they Are NOT the Brightest Bulb in the Room anymore? That actually their Candlelight cannot even compare to All the World on a Stage!

    Looks like with what the VP and all else were saying.....that Constitution doesn't looks so Secular now having to take a back seat to Sharia. First off.....don't you think the Egyptians should come up with their own name for the Piece of paper they want to define their country with? Why should we even let them call it a Constitution. As really there is only one!
    Less than 10% of Egyptians are upset. The rest know that the vote on the Constitution comes in less than ten days. Egyptians call it a constitution just like they called it a constitution in 1971.

    I assume you have read both. Article 73 of the new Constitution address the ban on forced employment, slavery and sex trafficking. Article 33 grants rights to ALL citizens.. male or female.

    Meanwhile change is coming even to conservative KSA.. with colored Abayas, co-ed education, reigning in the religious police...

    In the past few months top religious officials, including the minister of justice and the head of the religious police in the Mecca region, which includes Jeddah, have declared ikhtilat a modern term not proscribed by Islamic law.

    Saudi jurisprudence has erred, they say, by confusing conservative tribal custom with the rules of sharia, thus lumping the innocent mingling of the sexes with the true sin of khulwa, meaning an unmarried, unrelated couple’s “seclusion” in a setting that could tempt devilishness. In support of this argument, they note that wives in the Prophet Muhammad’s time are known to have served male guests and that even today, Saudis rely on maids and drivers in a practical form of daily ikhtilat.

    Rethinking ikhtilat in Saudi Arabia The Immanent Frame

    Morsi is about political Islam NOT Sharia law...And political Islam cannot isolate from the Europe or the US.. The MB is pragmatic ...

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Political Islam is pragmatic.. and the Egypt cannot afford to isolate from Europe and the US.... Plus they are Sunni.

    Islam fell behind during a long period of illiteracy. .. confusing tribal customs with Sharia Law.

    The people in the street represent about ten % of Egyptians... Everyone else knows the vote comes in less than ten days..

    Even conservative Saudi Arabia has redefined khulwa and ikhtilat .. Job opportunities have opened for women as well as co-ed education. Women are wearing light colored abayas and scarves, or dark ones with braid and embroidery.

    The head of the religious police is an enlightened liberal..

    I'll write more later and give you links to read.. when the board stops conking out.

  10. #40
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Morsi Leaves Palace!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    The head of the religious police is an enlightened liberal..
    hahaha


    Good one.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •