Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 126

Thread: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Did they learn from the 2010 election when they overwhelmingly won power back in the House thanks to nutty tea party people focusing on limited govt? Nope, they nominated a moderate and started demonizing libertarians and tea partiers. And they lost.

    Please don't associate yourself with libertarians like that. Admit you are a tea party fanboy. The tea party is not libertarian. They are not even close.

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Limbaugh and Beck opinions are irrelevant, as are those of other entertainers.
    Limbaugh has millions of loyal listeners and has proven in the past that he can play a role in the modling of ideologically based opinion in the GOP circles.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,038

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Please don't associate yourself with libertarians like that. Admit you are a tea party fanboy. The tea party is not libertarian. They are not even close.
    Nice dodge.

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,038

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Limbaugh has millions of loyal listeners and has proven in the past that he can play a role in the modling of ideologically based opinion in the GOP circles.
    Tommorow he will be the ideological leader of the Republican party. Then the next day he'll be irrelevant again. Depends on the day of the week.

  5. #75
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees - Yahoo! News

    Looks like republicans may have had enough from the tea party. Could the republicans be ready to cave and increase taxes on the wealthy? Might we actually get a true conservative proposal involving less spending all around, and some increased revenue from the rich and spoiled? Have the republicans actually learned a lesson from this past election?
    Maybe they have. Their propaganda wing, aka FOXNews, has instructed it's propagandists to stay away from Karl Rove and Dick Morris until further notice. The problem is, if they kick their whackos to the curb, will enough moderates and blue dog democrats be there to fill the void?

    One thing for sure, the GOP is in full damage control mode. I look forward to a more practical, honest and sensible GOP to come home to.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Nice dodge.
    that is not a dodge, that is wanting you to cut the BS. As for your conclusions they obviously come from the flawed and wrong fox news. I don't have to argue that, fox fails all on its own.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Maybe they have. Their propaganda wing, aka FOXNews, has instructed it's propagandists to stay away from Karl Rove and Dick Morris until further notice. The problem is, if they kick their whackos to the curb, will enough moderates and blue dog democrats be there to fill the void?

    One thing for sure, the GOP is in full damage control mode. I look forward to a more practical, honest and sensible GOP to come home to.
    I would think so. The reps have gone so far right that they are scaring away the moderates. If they come back towards the middle and do some real negotiating I think they will become a brand new party. However, it is clear this is not what a certain section of the populace wants so we now have the tea party for those people. they can now fade away to third party status and be nothing but a bunch of hot air.

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If the regime would get off the backs of the private sector and let them make some money, we would see an increase in revenue.
    LOL Corporate profits are at record highs. Top rates need to go up for more revenue.


  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,038

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    that is not a dodge, that is wanting you to cut the BS. As for your conclusions they obviously come from the flawed and wrong fox news. I don't have to argue that, fox fails all on its own.
    Still dodging.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,038

    Re: GOP leaders remove 4 from plum House committees

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL Corporate profits are at record highs. Top rates need to go up for more revenue.

    Nope, corporate profits are down.



    The Heathen Republican: How High Are Corporate Profits?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •