Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 129

Thread: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

  1. #41
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    but not all old white men are conservatives.....trust me....

    True, AARP is evidence of that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #42
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I'm not saying it's the sole responsibility of the Republicans to reform the rules to amending a bill.

    However, it's hypocritical to blame Pelosi for the lack of reform by bringing up that quote, especially when it isn't an advocacy of that position on the rules but merely stating how the rules are.

    No Demo should ever be held accountable for anything, because we all know, it is Bush's fault. :p
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #43
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No Demo should ever be held accountable for anything, because we all know, it is Bush's fault. :p
    You can hold Pelosi accountable for saying the truth about how the House rules on amending bills are.

    To blame Pelosi herself for those rules, however, is partisan idiocy, though.

    Especially when the Republicans - or at least as far as I'm aware - haven't reformed those rules.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  4. #44
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    I has to laugh at some of the posts in this thread...like the ones that are showing shock that maybe obama care is going to have a cost to it....How do you cover millions of americans with healthcare that didnt have it for "FREE" <answer> you dont...so it shouldnt be any surpise since the goal of obamacare is to cover everyone...now the other side.

    We as taxpayers have been paying the uninsured healthcare for decades...every time they called 911 and an ambulance was sent...everytime they brought themselves or their kids to the emergency room...weve been paying for indigent care anyway...those payments will be deducted from obama care....yes the net cost will go up not nearly as much as all the doomsayers are saying.

  5. #45
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,607

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    You can hold Pelosi accountable for saying the truth about how the House rules on amending bills are.

    To blame Pelosi herself for those rules, however, is partisan idiocy, though.

    Especially when the Republicans - or at least as far as I'm aware - haven't reformed those rules.
    Most of these changes in the PPACA law are "refinements" or blanks filled in by the executive agencies implementing the "details" (an ongoing process). The same is true of other federal laws, like the ones that make hundreds of "street" or "recreational" drugs illegal - the original law listed some "controlled and dangerous" substances yet many more were later added to that list without further specific congressional debate/action.

    House rules have little to do with these "post passage amendments".
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #46
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Most of these changes in the PPACA law are "refinements" or blanks filled in by the executive agencies implementing the "details" (an ongoing process). The same is true of other federal laws, like the ones that make hundreds of "street" or "recreational" drugs illegal - the original law listed some "controlled and dangerous" substances yet many more were later added to that list without further specific congressional debate/action.

    House rules have little to do with these "post passage amendments".
    I understand executive agencies doing the "detail work" in regards to the usually broad laws that Congress writes and passes.

    But that doesn't have to do with House rules on amending bills.

    And if it is executive agencies who are writing regulations based on laws passed by Congress is the issue, Pelosi herself still isn't responsible, since she's a member of a legislative branch.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  7. #47
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I'm not saying it's the sole responsibility of the Republicans to reform the rules to amending a bill.

    However, it's hypocritical to blame Pelosi for the lack of reform by bringing up that quote, especially when it isn't an advocacy of that position on the rules but merely stating how the rules are.
    Okay, you are taking the begining, and grabbing the end, and trying to come up with something in the middle......

    BEFORE the bill was passed (you can't amend a bill that hasn't passed yet) Pelosi said, 'you have to pass it to see what's in it', which when all was said and done, was a bag of garbage that was foisted on the American public.

    Therefore, Pelosi IS responsible for her words. She did NOT say, 'well, you might not want to vote for this', or disown any part of it. Therefore she IS responsible for her words.

    What they did or did not do with it after that, since anything the R's try to amend it with will be shot down, will also be laid at her door. She allowed it to be passed as it was.
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  8. #48
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    Okay, you are taking the begining, and grabbing the end, and trying to come up with something in the middle......

    BEFORE the bill was passed (you can't amend a bill that hasn't passed yet) Pelosi said, 'you have to pass it to see what's in it', which when all was said and done, was a bag of garbage that was foisted on the American public.

    Therefore, Pelosi IS responsible for her words. She did NOT say, 'well, you might not want to vote for this', or disown any part of it. Therefore she IS responsible for her words.

    What they did or did not do with it after that, since anything the R's try to amend it with will be shot down, will also be laid at her door. She allowed it to be passed as it was.
    She is responsible for her words, yes.

    But she is not responsible that bills can be amended up until they are passed.

    That is determined by the rules of the House.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  9. #49
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    She is responsible for her words, yes.

    But she is not responsible that bills can be amended up until they are passed.

    That is determined by the rules of the House.
    How can you amend something when you don't know what is in it ??????
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    You can hold Pelosi accountable for saying the truth about how the House rules on amending bills are.

    To blame Pelosi herself for those rules, however, is partisan idiocy, though.

    Especially when the Republicans - or at least as far as I'm aware - haven't reformed those rules.

    Pelosi was Speaker for 4 years...during that time did she attempt to reform the rules?


    Oh wait, she did....I found it...

    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to re-write House rules today to ensure that the Republican minority is unable to have any influence on legislation. Pelosi’s proposals are so draconian, and will so polarize the Capitol, that any thought President-elect Obama has of bipartisan cooperation will be rendered impossible before he even takes office.

    Pelosi Erases Gingrich's Long-Standing Fairness Rules | Conservative News, Views & Books

    So you are trying to paint repubs at fault for not changing rules, yet Pelosi made it impossible for repubs to have any influence on legislation during the sausage making of the HC bill....Good job sam....busted.
    Last edited by j-mac; 12-02-12 at 09:14 PM.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •