Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 129

Thread: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

  1. #101
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why you expect that I will talk of something that you brought up out of the wind when responding to a comment of mine. I have no interest in this talk and like I said, it does not lower cost and has no real ability to control them either. Parroting myths is not something I find smart and is not something I will humor with you today.
    You ask and started the conversation. I'm not speaking of myths. The fact is those systems pay less. I can understand that you don't really want to confront that FACT.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You ask and started the conversation. I'm not speaking of myths. The fact is those systems pay less. I can understand that you don't really want to confront that FACT.
    What?

    I already confronted it.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What?

    I already confronted it.
    I don't think so.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't think so.
    You can think whatever you want but when I tell you the cost in such a system has only ever went up your point is rather weak. The introduction of such an idea has never lowered cost. So what are you really talking about? The state of cost at this moment? Well, I don't see the point in that.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You can think whatever you want but when I tell you the cost in such a system has only ever went up your point is rather weak. The introduction of such an idea has never lowered cost. So what are you really talking about? The state of cost at this moment? Well, I don't see the point in that.
    Are you admitting we pay more? We keep going up. You want to keep digging that hole, or stop and do something that makes sense.

    Again, facts:

    1) they spend less in those systems.

    2) you can remove healthcare from employment.

    3) more people have better access.


    So, what exactly is you compliant?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #106
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you don't think that some other party in power would abuse power? Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We could have 27 parties and the person in charge would be subject to abusing the power of the office. You voted Gary Johnson, well rudy poo for you. Had you and your band of merry contrarian dope advocates had realized the importance of this election and voted rationally to remove this dictator wanna be, we wouldn't be rushing head long into the demise we are pressing the gas pedal to the floor to get to. Thanks for that.
    And trade one dictator for another, because that dictator is YOUR guy? Didn't happen this year. Won't happen 4 years from now either. Keep dreaming.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    Residents of states that refuse to set up health insurance exchanges under Obamacare are set to be hit with higher premiums under new rules announced by the Health and Human Services Department.

    Insurance companies will be charged 3.5 percent of any premiums they sell through the federal exchanges, the department announced Friday.

    And insurers are likely to pass that surcharge on to clients, leaading to higher premiums.

    The only states to be affected are those that refuse to set up their own exchanges because of opposition to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. They are almost certain to be those under Republican control. In those states, HHS will set up the exchanges.

    Read more: Obama Slaps States That Refuse to Comply With Obamacare


    I can suggest not to buy healthcare in an exchange.

    Another wealth transfer from producers to the recipients. The left is defunding the right...hopefully soon they will run out of other peoples money.
    And 51% of Americans fully approve of this by default.

  8. #108
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nth is all sounds like more whining to me. Don't like the law, get work making it better. You'd have me with a two tiered single payer system. But jump in. Work make better. Whining rarely solves anything.
    No whining to it Joe just pointing out how progressives operate. On your single payer system, not to worry, that was always the end game for Obama and co. You'll just have to wait til this opening salvo breaks the system first, as was intended.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #109
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No whining to it Joe just pointing out how progressives operate. On your single payer system, not to worry, that was always the end game for Obama and co. You'll just have to wait til this opening salvo breaks the system first, as was intended.
    No, it's whining. And you give Obama too much credit. But what have is largely the fault of republicans and the Tea Party, with the death panel scare and the like. I know being responsible for their actions is difficult for them, but reality is reality.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #110
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And trade one dictator for another, because that dictator is YOUR guy? Didn't happen this year. Won't happen 4 years from now either. Keep dreaming.
    Ugh. The utter smugness of these neo libertarians is near too much to handle. When Obama takes into total collapse, rejoice and take responsibility for your part in it pal.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •