Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 191

Thread: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

  1. #81
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,037

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    If accepting homosexuality doesnt make you pro gay...what does it make you then ?
    I explained this to you already: It makes your ACCEPTING. The rest of your post is utter nonsense. Topics you should read up on so you don't embarrass yourself like you usually do:

    Evolution, the difference between acceptance and support, bigotry, homophobia.

    Don't come cry to me as the victim of some sort of mislabeling. You're clearly a homophobic individual who can't come to terms that some people are gay. Your posts over the last few weeks on gay issues have made this quite obvious. You think gay men wear panties, you claim to be some kind of authority on what is right or wrong, you even suggest that in a gay relationship one plays the husband and one plays the wife. As if the underwear you use determines your masculinity or femininity. All of your rantings are classical statements by other homophobes who came before and were far more original in their vitriol. However, you react violently when this is pointed out to you. As if it's somehow my fault you can't come to terms with the simple conclusions one derives from your statements.

    Now, when I said you hid behind the catholic church, what I meant was, and the point which clearly sailed above your head, was that you were using them as a shield to hide your clear hatred of homosexuals. And here it is:

    People are up in arms over a gay song that has no business in school anymore than a pro catholic song should be allowed in school
    Oh look! A person who didn't know your posting history on gay issues would automatically think you're just trying to be fair. No religion messages, no gays messages right? Except of course we know exactly just how rabidly homophobic some of your posts on this forum have been and they fool nobody. You're an intellectual coward who has perpetuated lie after lie about homosexuals and can't even own up to the fact that he just doesn't like them for whatever reason. Cowardice to the point where he's willing to throw the catholic church under a bus just to pretend he's not homophobic.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-01-12 at 12:47 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #82
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I explained this to you already: It makes your ACCEPTING. The rest of your post is utter nonsense. Topics you should read up on so you don't embarrass yourself like you usually do:

    Evolution, the difference between acceptance and support, bigotry, homophobia.

    Don't come cry to me as the victim of some sort of mislabeling. You're clearly a homophobic individual who can't come to terms that some people are gay. Your posts over the last few weeks on gay issues have made this quite obvious. You think gay men wear panties, you claim to be some kind of authority on what is right or wrong, you even suggest that in a gay relationship one plays the husband and one plays the wife. As if the underwear you use determines your masculinity or femininity. All of your rantings are classical statements by other homophobes who came before and were far more original in their vitriol. However, you react violently when this is pointed out to you. As if it's somehow my fault you can't come to terms with the simple conclusions one derives from your statements.

    Now, when I said you hid behind the catholic church, what I meant was, and the point which clearly sailed above your head, was that you were using them as a shield to hide your clear hatred of homosexuals. And here it is:



    Oh look! A person who didn't know your posting history on gay issues would automatically think you're just trying to be fair. No religion messages, no gays messages right? Except of course we know exactly just how rabidly homophobic some of your posts on this forum have been and they fool nobody. You're an intellectual coward who has perpetuated lie after lie about homosexuals and can't even own up to the fact that he just doesn't like them for whatever reason. Cowardice to the point where he's willing to throw the catholic church under a bus just to pretend he's not homophobic.
    Your a name calling little twerp...but thats all you have ever been on here since ive been here...you like to puff up on here like your an imaginery tough guy lol....now pay attention close atttention because after this I shall not participate in your name calling and labeling.
    I dont give one bit a **** what you or anyone else want to consider or call my stance on homosexuality...My beliefs will change when I believe I can see where I was wrong...not because a few chumps want to try and bogart me...lol...that never worked in real life.
    Im tired of the silly crap that goes on here with gays...you have gays that not only want everything...they demand it...then you have their flock of cheerleaders that come behind them and attempt to label and belittle and badger anyone that dares disagree with ANY any part of anything gay and make them out to be vile dirtbags....well go for it I COULDNT GIVE A **** LESS...about you them or any one else that wants to play that game.
    You want to believe I hate gays...GO FOR IT I dont care..as long as my daughter knows the truth thats the only thing important to me....want to label me a homophobe any gay or you that wants to step to me in real will find out how scared I am...roflmaooooool....want to call me a bigot..cool im good with that...I believe what I believe and not only dont I give a **** if you like it or not...you have no chance of every changing it...
    So take your self righteous Im always right and I know everything attitude and say gbye...cuz thats all your getting from me on this topic from here on out...now goodbye

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Oh and what the hell does sexuality have to do with art when you're dealing with kids?

    When is the transsexual rap song coming out?

    Isn't sexuality a private thing when you're twelve-teen? What the hell is a matter with these teachers??

    It's like these progressives are obsessed with the sexuality of children.....
    Now, that's a very partisan statement. Can you prove it?

  4. #84
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I suspect nobody knows "the rest of the story".

    The district said in a statement earlier this week that the use of recorded material in class is covered by the staff handbook.

    "It requires that instructor to first preview any taped material to be used in the classroom, including YouTube clips, then submit a completed form about the proposed clip to a building administrator for approval," the district said.
    So...it seems the teacher ignored school policy. Seems a pretty clear-cut reason for suspension.

    The teacher, it seems, is now back in class and ended up not losing any pay, though.

    Superintendent William Pearson followed up with another email, apologizing if his decision to suspend Johnson offended anyone.

    "I am willing to not uphold the suspension, but the violation of the district practice regarding web-based clips and our expectations for instructions previewing materials under this will remain in writing," he said in a statement.

    The president of the South Lyon Education Association, which represents the district's teachers, said he supports members' efforts to foster tolerance and understanding "without equivocation"

    "We also know that teachers need to follow administrative policies and, yet, we feel the district's initial response, a two-day unpaid suspension, to one of our members showing a video clip without submitting the required form, was excessive," said Jim Brennan. "After voicing our concerns, we are pleased that the district reconsidered, and chose to rescind the two-day unpaid suspension. We look forward to meeting with the district to come up with a final resolution."

    From The Detroit News: South Lyon teacher's pay restored after suspension over gay-themed song | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com
    Personally, I find this to be an over reaction on the part of the gay community. I see this as an issue about school policy that was ignored by a teacher. If people disagree with the policy then that is a separate issue that can be looked at by the school board and the community.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    In fairness, that should also go for songs about being Christian. However, the elementary school near our house is not allowed to play any songs dealing with religion because it may "offend" someone.

    L
    I agree, but can't you see where christians have made this problem for themselves? If a student gets offended because of something and you freak out over it then you end up having to freak out over everything that mioght make someone feel angry. The christians pushed this agenda to keep homosexual, muslim, jewisgh, atheist, and every other thing they hate out of schools, and now it effects their own holidays. Frankly the school should just say tough **** to the little twat that was offended because people are different. But as long as you cater to the homophobic and bigoted twats of the world you will have to cater to all of the bigoted twats of the world. That includes those who get offended at christmas and those who get offended at a song about a gay guy.

  6. #86
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post

    'Bigotry' has a bad reputation. Catholics are happy to be bigoted against homosexuals and atheists; I'm happy to be bigoted against Catholics. As for the rest, I identify culturally with White Anglo-Saxon Protestantism (High Church, not the evangelical swill). And I would have supported them in the 1920s against the Catholics who raided the patronage jobs and supported the corrupt machines.
    Then I think by your own admission in your message we all can agree that you are a bigot. All your messages should be read from that perspective and we all should make a note of that for future reference.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I agree, but can't you see where christians have made this problem for themselves? If a student gets offended because of something and you freak out over it then you end up having to freak out over everything that mioght make someone feel angry. The christians pushed this agenda to keep homosexual, muslim, jewisgh, atheist, and every other thing they hate out of schools, and now it effects their own holidays. Frankly the school should just say tough **** to the little twat that was offended because people are different. But as long as you cater to the homophobic and bigoted twats of the world you will have to cater to all of the bigoted twats of the world. That includes those who get offended at christmas and those who get offended at a song about a gay guy.
    Actually I think it is false to put the whole blame on Christians for this one. The public school system sort of caused this problem when they didn't allow Christian music to be played in school for fear it might offend the atheist parents or kids. This is just political correctness gone crazy.

    I blame the people that are continuing this nonsense of political correctness gone stupid.

  8. #88
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Actually I think it is false to put the whole blame on Christians for this one. The public school system sort of caused this problem when they didn't allow Christian music to be played in school for fear it might offend the atheist parents or kids. This is just political correctness gone crazy.

    I blame the people that are continuing this nonsense of political correctness gone stupid.
    The problem is that these days EVERYBODY is so easily offended. I imagine that if the offended student had used an anti-gay song to express his views the gay kid would have been offended. What we need in schools is a "You have no right to not be offended" class.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #89
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Agreed. That's why Christian students should be allowed to pray out loud in their classrooms at the start of each school day.
    And since when were they unable to do so? You seem to be confusing the ban of teacher lead prayer with students saying their own prayers. I suggest you stop getting your news from WND.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Teacher suspended for playing song about being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And since when were they unable to do so?
    Since the 1970's. Don't you know anything, oChild?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •