Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

  1. #41
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    since ive been in texas ive never seen a cat stolen,but when i was in cali if you parked a car high enough off the ground to slide under,your cats would be gone when you got back.they would also slide a drain bucket under your gas tank and drill a holein it,cuz apparently siphoning is toomuch effort these days.
    Well, honestly, have you ever tasted gas? It's pretty nasty...worse even than Poppovs Vodka.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  2. #42
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    Er, hey, not saying I've ever siphoned gas or nothin.....I mean, look, I got a car that's carbed...so....when it runs out, the only way to get gas running back through again is via vacuum, which is produced by a motor running, which, if it aint running....it's produced by YO MOUTH.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  3. #43
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    Ok, went back and re read from the start of the thread. I honestly put myself in the shoes of Obama supporters reading this, and further just plain anyone reading it, and it was wrong. Void of logic. I formally rescind the thread.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #44
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    When a twitchy guy in a rusted pick up shows up at the metal yard with guardrails in the back of his truck this week and had bronze plaques from tombstones last week, I dare say the metal yard cannot say with straight face there was no way they knew he was selling them stolen goods. They just hope to get it processed before the cops come around looking. I have read more than one story about people being killed trying to steal live electric lines, apparently knowing they were hot. America's investment in its education system has produced some real geniuses.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Darn rights

    I blame Obama for the theft of man hole covers in Calgary, copper pipes from many construction sites. Even the theft of the power lines for the trains in the UK

    It is all Obama's fault

    Crime never existed under GWB, theft was none existant. Jails were empty, and the US was a wonderland
    Metal theft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    OK, so when the bible included a commandment saying stealing is a sin that must have been due to Obama using that pesky time machine he had to forge his birth certificate to go back in time and make people steal during the days of Moses. What are you smoking, and where can i get it because it sounds good. yeah, obama makes people do something they have done since the dawn of time.

    Seriously, get over yourself, the fact obama won, and stop blaming him for things mankind does all on their own. It is absurd, it shows a real lack of connection to reality, and it seems to make you look like you have lost your mind.

  6. #46
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    since ive been in texas ive never seen a cat stolen,but when i was in cali if you parked a car high enough off the ground to slide under,your cats would be gone when you got back.they would also slide a drain bucket under your gas tank and drill a holein it,cuz apparently siphoning is toomuch effort these days.
    siphoning I'd imagine are dying off because gas caps often require opening from inside the car.

    Earlier this year here in Santa Fe they busted a ring of criminals that were stealing cats off cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    When in doubt, double down on stupid. First you try and blame Obama for people steeling copper, even though it has been done forever. Then when that blows up in your face, instead of admitting you got it wrong, you shift to a new claim, that crime is up under Obama, even though it is not supported by any of the evidence you offer. In point of fact, there are statistics on crime rates, and they show the opposite of what you claim.

    2008 arrest data

    2011 arrest data




    So it turns out both total arrests and arrests for violent crimes are down. Now I am sure, you being fair and all, that you will give Obama credit for this, just as you tried to blame him....

    It just means good judges are keeping liberals locked up faster than you folks can create them.

  8. #48
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, yep....go ahead and yuk it up...This is the new normal...Can't even call a plumber without an armed guard to watch the truck because of people stealing it, then when they get caught red handed, they serve NO JAIL TIME.
    I called one just a couple of weeks ago and there was no armed guard.

    Did the obligatory armed guard thing start just since the election?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nothing bad under Obama.....I get it.
    More like nothing bad which Obama did not do...personally.
    I may be wrong.

  9. #49
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,803

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    When a twitchy guy in a rusted pick up shows up at the metal yard with guardrails in the back of his truck this week and had bronze plaques from tombstones last week, I dare say the metal yard cannot say with straight face there was no way they knew he was selling them stolen goods. They just hope to get it processed before the cops come around looking. I have read more than one story about people being killed trying to steal live electric lines, apparently knowing they were hot. America's investment in its education system has produced some real geniuses.
    Snort! No kidding.
    Local power substation crashed last year.
    When the Power Co. arrived, they found a huge copper ground partially loose, and the thief's electrocuted body.
    Darwin at it's finest.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #50
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Copper Criminals Circling The Drain

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Snort! No kidding.
    Local power substation crashed last year.
    When the Power Co. arrived, they found a huge copper ground partially loose, and the thief's electrocuted body.
    Darwin at it's finest.
    I will give them this--they save me money. My city charges a fortune to pick up appliances and are very peculiar about what they will or won't pick up with the garbage. I can just set most of the crap out on the curb and it will be gone within a few hours thanks to the metal hunters. They will take anything that has metal anywhere in it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •