Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 151

Thread: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

  1. #41
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,697

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    So are you agreeing with me that there is no point to taxes or are you just saying that our over-burdened wealthy shouldn't pay more?

    From what I interpret (and I'm often wrong) of your philosophy is that since you're already in debt there's no point in having more revenue since you'll still be in debt?
    What I'm saying is that without spending cuts we won't even touch the debt. The only thing that we'd accomplish is that we'd accrue debt at a slower rate than we are now but that really doesn't solve anything.

    What needs to happen is that Social Security and Medicare need to be yanked off the budget. They need to be reconfigured so that they are self sustaining and self funded. Once that happens we can start to restructure our other spending so that it fits a reasonable budget. Right now there is absolutely zero benefit in paying additional taxes because doing so is only resulting in the devaluation of the dollar.

  2. #42
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    yeah, saw it....That is worldwide, not just the US as you are attempting to portray.
    Indeed. But j-mac how many of those 92,000 people live here? Lets speculate shall we? I heard that Afghanistan has a low tax rate. I wouldn't think they would live there with what's going on when they can get free military protection here in the good ole USA, right? No, one would believe that it would be in a civilized, well maintained government like the USA.

    I found almost 300 here with a quick Google.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  3. #43
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Then why are you OK with 10%? Either you honor what your ELECTED officials do - or you don't.

    Despite Obama's compulsion to create new [programs, there isn't ANYTHING new being don that hasn't been done for years now. So, apparently all this is constitutional or SCOTUS would have banned it by now. Heck, I've seen claims that TAXES aren't constitutional but along with death, they seem to be widespread.

    I thought I offered you a good deal at 40% (I had considered 75% but I didn't want to upset anyone). Make it 35% and we have a del?

    heh, heh....trying to get me to make a deal with the devil are you? I'll tell you what...just because things have been done, or upheld as quasi law by unelected judges in the past is no absolution of correct, and proper action. The system in the US is, and has been corrupted for decades, maybe centuries now. Obama is just ramping it up to tear it down.

    To that end, you agree to cease all unconstitutional action, dictate, and purview by the government all branches, and I'll agree to 10%.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #44
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    Millionaires?.?

    We are talking about billionaires here, not chicken **** millionaires running a restaurant in Queens.

    In any case lets examine the incomes and tax paid by the top 400 income earners in the USA.

    In 1955, the top 400 in the USA earns on average 13 million dollars per year EACH and paid 52% tax on that income.

    In 2007, the top 400 earnt over 300 million dollars EACH on average and paid 18% tax on that income.

    And remember ladies and gentlement, the 1950s were the glorious years of prosperity and high standard of living in the USA. the top tax rate in the USA in the 1950s was a little over 90%.

    What should be examined is WHO owns the banking cartel in the USA and globally. Who are they? Who do they answer to? What is there wealth and income level? How did they get their wealth and power?

    But of course these people own everything and everyone, we cannot possibly question them.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why should capital gains be taxed at all? Hasn't the money being invested already been taxed at the normal rates?

    Who owns my labor?
    You own your own labour

    And why should the profit from your labour be taxed differently?

    Why should you have your profit from your labour be taxed at (made up number (22%) while the person who purchased your labour be taxed at (made up number (15%)?

    Why should you be be treated differently for the income produced by your labour?
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  6. #46
    Professor
    phoenyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    07-13-16 @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,616
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    Millionaires?.?

    We are talking about billionaires here, not chicken **** millionaires running a restaurant in Queens.

    In any case lets examine the incomes and tax paid by the top 400 income earners in the USA.

    In 1955, the top 400 in the USA earns on average 13 million dollars per year EACH and paid 52% tax on that income.

    In 2007, the top 400 earnt over 300 million dollars EACH on average and paid 18% tax on that income.

    And remember ladies and gentlement, the 1950s were the glorious years of prosperity and high standard of living in the USA. the top tax rate in the USA in the 1950s was a little over 90%.

    What should be examined is WHO owns the banking cartel in the USA and globally. Who are they? Who do they answer to? What is there wealth and income level? How did they get their wealth and power?

    But of course these people own everything and everyone, we cannot possibly question them.
    We don't need to though. Through good investigative work, people have figured out the answers. Personally, my favourite documentaries on the international banking cartels are the following:

    The very first one I saw was in animated format, but don't let its flash graphics and humour fool you, it's good stuff:
    Money As Debt - Full Length Documentary - YouTube

    It has a Part II and III as well, but the first one was my favourite.

    I later saw a documentary it mentioned. It's rather long, but it gets into the historical battle between those who recognize the thievery of our current banking system and those who like things the way they are now:
    The Money Masters - YouTube

    Finally, I found this one:
    The American Dream Film-Full Length - YouTube

    It's also a flash type presentation, and certainly has its humour, but I see nothing wrong with some humour when trying to get difficult messages across.

  7. #47
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    This may surprise you but I agree with you at least where SS is concerned. I've been hyping the MSA plan (Mandatory Savings Account) and I'm pretty sure it would be much more effective but sadly we're already drowning in the current obligations. I don't think it's viable to abruptly cease SS and based on my parents who lived to 93 and 100, I don't see how we can sustain even that much. Lts say we took everybody under 50, refunded part of their contributions to date and put them on the MSA. Can you imagine how much the refunds would amount to (I can't).

    Now, lets look at Medicare. Obviously, even though we pay in almost 4% on every dollar, it isn't even coming close. We'd have to raise it at least to 10% or decide that when you hit 3 score and 10, you're on your own, a highly unlikely decision to be accepted by weither left or right albeit for different reasons.

    The best we seem to be able to do is raise taxes and try to lower spending. Unfortunately, our leaders are so corrupt tat I can't even begin to imagine what spending would be cut since they've already taken their bribes. Did you see during the campaign that the only example of foolish spending was PBS (which of course offended 50% of the population) and not one mention was made of the millions of other goofy projects that are in process (we would lose jobs, lose stimulus, ;lose a definitive report on the smoking habits of Columbian hookers etc. etc.).

    Oddly, raising taxes probably would help stem the disintegration of the dollar. But what are the chances of that really happening? Taxes have gone DOWN, not up (can we leve Obamacare out of this discussion for the moment?).

    I'm almost relieved that I wasn't elected...



    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    What I'm saying is that without spending cuts we won't even touch the debt. The only thing that we'd accomplish is that we'd accrue debt at a slower rate than we are now but that really doesn't solve anything.

    What needs to happen is that Social Security and Medicare need to be yanked off the budget. They need to be reconfigured so that they are self sustaining and self funded. Once that happens we can start to restructure our other spending so that it fits a reasonable budget. Right now there is absolutely zero benefit in paying additional taxes because doing so is only resulting in the devaluation of the dollar.

  8. #48
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    I'll offer you 2 branches and 33%. Even then, it seems un-American to me.

    imgres.jpeg

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    heh, heh....trying to get me to make a deal with the devil are you? I'll tell you what...just because things have been done, or upheld as quasi law by unelected judges in the past is no absolution of correct, and proper action. The system in the US is, and has been corrupted for decades, maybe centuries now. Obama is just ramping it up to tear it down.

    To that end, you agree to cease all unconstitutional action, dictate, and purview by the government all branches, and I'll agree to 10%.

  9. #49
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenyx View Post
    We don't need to though. Through good investigative work, people have figured out the answers. Personally, my favourite documentaries on the international banking cartels are the following:

    The very first one I saw was in animated format, but don't let its flash graphics and humour fool you, it's good stuff:
    Money As Debt - Full Length Documentary - YouTube

    It has a Part II and III as well, but the first one was my favourite.

    I later saw a documentary it mentioned. It's rather long, but it gets into the historical battle between those who recognize the thievery of our current banking system and those who like things the way they are now:
    The Money Masters - YouTube

    Finally, I found this one:
    The American Dream Film-Full Length - YouTube

    It's also a flash type presentation, and certainly has its humour, but I see nothing wrong with some humour when trying to get difficult messages across.
    .......names and addresses

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by RLN View Post
    Indeed. But j-mac how many of those 92,000 people live here? Lets speculate shall we? I heard that Afghanistan has a low tax rate. I wouldn't think they would live there with what's going on when they can get free military protection here in the good ole USA, right? No, one would believe that it would be in a civilized, well maintained government like the USA.

    I found almost 300 here with a quick Google.

    Wow, you don't say? A whole 300 out of 92,000? My god! confiscate all wealth over $100K immediately. That ought to solve it, right?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •