Page 82 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1532

Thread: Walmart workers demand better wages

  1. #811
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    Yes there is ... The cause is lack of labor power, in the form of Unions, and thus collective wage bargaining and decision making power, thus lower wages and more layoffs and outsourcing thus lower aggrigate demand thus lower sales ...
    wrong, but if believing that makes you happy, go right ahead.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  2. #812
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Correct---technically, obama is a marxist collectivist. Marx said "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" Obama wants to redistribute income and wealth and provide for everyone's "needs".
    Marx did say that, but that actually first came from the Book of acts in the bible and was no means Marx's creation, or really a integral part of Marxism which is positive economics not normative.

    Also Obama doesn't want to redistribute wealth and income any more than any other president in history.

  3. #813
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,667

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    They are not unrelated at all though, it goes EXACTLY as expected, you can also track it on the way up ... Unionization happened in the later 30s and 40s and created the worlds best middle class.

    You have a theory, you have rational expectations and the evidence points it out ... its not JUST corrolation, we have a causal explination.



    Where do I support Obama?
    Perhaps your middle class prosperity/labor trends more closely follow the import/export balance of trade of the US than anything else: Importing Products or Exporting Jobs - IOU Foundation
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #814
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    wrong, but if believing that makes you happy, go right ahead.
    You have to make an actual argument ... but given this thread, it doesn't seam like your capable of that or understanding the facts, or being in touch with reality at all.

  5. #815
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Perhaps your middle class prosperity/labor trends more closely follow the import/export balance of trade of the US than anything else: Importing Products or Exporting Jobs - IOU Foundation
    Which has to do with destruction of unions as well, since unions protected local jobs.

  6. #816
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,667

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    Which has to do with destruction of unions as well, since unions protected local jobs.
    Unions do not protect local jobs, they simply increase the cost of labor, not in any way tied to an increase in production of that labor.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #817
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Unions do not protect local jobs, they simply increase the cost of labor, not in any way tied to an increase in production of that labor.
    No, they also restrict purely profitable decision making that hurts labor ... such as outsourcing, productivity has never been the problem in the US.

    Union power is a large reason why German industry has not been able to outsource.

  8. #818
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    You have to make an actual argument ... but given this thread, it doesn't seam like your capable of that or understanding the facts, or being in touch with reality at all.
    I find it difficult to argue with a turnip. Your pro-union rants are simply wrong, but as I said, if it makes you feel good, have at it.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  9. #819
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    I find it difficult to argue with a turnip. Your pro-union rants are simply wrong, but as I said, if it makes you feel good, have at it.
    So far, I've given evidence, logic, fact, reason and so on ... all you have is "YOU'RE WRONG" ... thats it ... nothing. But by all means continue your nonsense, but don't expect any intellegent people to respect a position you cannot defend.

  10. #820
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    No, they also restrict purely profitable decision making that hurts labor ... such as outsourcing, productivity has never been the problem in the US.

    Union power is a large reason why German industry has not been able to outsource.
    Why is there no longer a textile industry in the USA? why is there no longer a commercial shipbuilding industry in the USA? Why are light bulbs made in China? Why are GM cars made in China and Mexico? Unions, my little friend. Unions have destroyed american industries and lost american jobs.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •