Page 81 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1532

Thread: Walmart workers demand better wages

  1. #801
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    by putting two unrelated curves on a chart you are the one embarrassing yourself. How about a curve comparing oyster harvests to the income of native americans living on reservations?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640
    Corelation does not indicate causation. One could just as easily show corelation of the increased use of computers, the increase in fuel effeciency of cars or the increased availability of new technology allowing production per worker to increase. You simply show close (but not exact) corelation of two factors, but not causation.
    They are not unrelated at all though, it goes EXACTLY as expected, you can also track it on the way up ... Unionization happened in the later 30s and 40s and created the worlds best middle class.

    You have a theory, you have rational expectations and the evidence points it out ... its not JUST corrolation, we have a causal explination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat
    Then why do you support obama? MOst of his campaign contributions came from rich people. Do you think any hollywood people or rappers contributed to Romney?
    Where do I support Obama?

  2. #802
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    right, but I beat you too it :-) see # 797
    Indeed you did. Is it not amazing that "facts" can be so easily manufactured to "prove" any argument to those wanting to believe it.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #803
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    They are not unrelated at all though, it goes EXACTLY as expected, you can also track it on the way up ... Unionization happened in the later 30s and 40s and created the worlds best middle class.

    You have a theory, you have rational expectations and the evidence points it out ... its not JUST corrolation, we have a causal explination.



    Where do I support Obama?
    Is 50% exactly the same as 15%? Please use the same scale on each line and the ratio of the curve does not match at all, only the direction of the curve matches.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #804
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    They are not unrelated at all though, it goes EXACTLY as expected, you can also track it on the way up ... Unionization happened in the later 30s and 40s and created the worlds best middle class.

    You have a theory, you have rational expectations and the evidence points it out ... its not JUST corrolation, we have a causal explination.



    Where do I support Obama?
    LOL, your chart has been debunked, lets move on.

    if you don't support obama, who do you support? you say that your are a socialist, obama is a socialist. Seems like you are the perfect obamabot.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  5. #805
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    Exactly, and with the decline of Unions comes the decline of the middle class.
    Nonsense
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #806
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Is 50% exactly the same as 15%? Please use the same scale on each line and the ratio of the curve does not match at all, only the direction of the curve matches.
    THey are measuring 2 different things, but the velocity pretty much match, except it still happens as expected, unions decline, and so do middle class incomes.

  7. #807
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    LOL, your chart has been debunked, lets move on.

    if you don't support obama, who do you support? you say that your are a socialist, obama is a socialist. Seems like you are the perfect obamabot.
    It hasn't been debunked, just ignored.

    Obama is not a socialist ...

  8. #808
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    THey are measuring 2 different things, but the velocity pretty much match, except it still happens as expected, unions decline, and so do middle class incomes.
    there is no cause and affect relationship between those two measures. you have put a red herring on the table and it smells pretty bad as it rots.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  9. #809
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    It hasn't been debunked, just ignored.

    Obama is not a socialist ...
    Correct---technically, obama is a marxist collectivist. Marx said "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" Obama wants to redistribute income and wealth and provide for everyone's "needs".
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  10. #810
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    there is no cause and affect relationship between those two measures. you have put a red herring on the table and it smells pretty bad as it rots.
    Yes there is ... The cause is lack of labor power, in the form of Unions, and thus collective wage bargaining and decision making power, thus lower wages and more layoffs and outsourcing thus lower aggrigate demand thus lower sales ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •