Page 48 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1532

Thread: Walmart workers demand better wages

  1. #471
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think it's because I see it not being "the people" who are asking for better working conditions. I see it as "the union" pushing from the top down...instead of the workers pulling from the bottom up.

    Websites paid for by unions are continually reporting mis-information . . . tried to disrupt the company's business this last weekend . . . conducting a huge media blitz against WalMart . . . busing in what I must assume are "bought-and-paid-for demonstrators" . . . why? Because they are salivating at the thought of 1.5 million unionized WalMart workers paying $20-$25 a month in union dues. They have no altruistic intent. As usual? It's all about the money.
    You have absolutely nothing to base this on, but you "must assume" all of it anyway.

    Get a job at WalMart. Then tell me how peachy you think they have it. You've concocted this whole conspiracy theory from... what, exactly? What actual evidence do you have to support any of this?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #472
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Whenever someone works harder than what's required, it amounts to theft of time and effort. In an ideal free market, theft should = 0.
    BS, total unadulterated BS, working harder than required is how people get ahead, its how people earn promotions. your marxist ideas are total BS!
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  3. #473
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Whenever someone works harder than what's required, it amounts to theft of time and effort. In an ideal free market, theft should = 0.
    Ladies and gentlemen, libertarianism.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #474
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Whenever someone works harder than what's required, it amounts to theft of time and effort. In an ideal free market, theft should = 0.
    No it doesn't ... Anytime the employer takes more money that he didn't work for, he's stealing from the worker ... So basically, as long as walmart is profitable, barely, or even just cutting even, the workers arn't stealing a thing.

    If you buy a car and the car isn't perfect, you havn't been robbed.

  5. #475
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    BS, total unadulterated BS, working harder than required is how people get ahead, its how people earn promotions. your marxist ideas are total BS!
    And wages go up overall when workers organize.

  6. #476
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Point taken Maggie - they do have tons of willing customers. That is very true. But they also have a large group who loathes them and will go to lengths NOT to patronize them.

    So is there any other major company in America where the population is so divided about other than Wal Mart?
    Tell me why that is, Haymarket. Why have those few people put WalMart in their sights? I suppose you would answer, "They import all their junk from foreign countries." True. So does every other retailer in the United States. Or, you might answer, "They treat their employees like ****." Well, if that's true? So does every other major retailer in the United States. Or, you might answer, "They move into a town and mom-and-pop stores go out of business." The same thing happened with Pamida came to town (in Wisconsin), when Kohl's came to town, when Sears came to town.

    So riddle me, Haymarket: Why WalMart? You and I both know the answer to that question.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #477
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think it's because I see it not being "the people" who are asking for better working conditions. I see it as "the union" pushing from the top down...instead of the workers pulling from the bottom up.

    Websites paid for by unions are continually reporting mis-information . . . tried to disrupt the company's business this last weekend . . . conducting a huge media blitz against WalMart . . . busing in what I must assume are "bought-and-paid-for demonstrators" . . . why? Because they are salivating at the thought of 1.5 million unionized WalMart workers paying $20-$25 a month in union dues. They have no altruistic intent. As usual? It's all about the money.
    Nonsense, these are WILDCAT STRIKES ... meaning no union involved.

    Also no union makes their money through low wage workers dues ...

  8. #478
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    No it doesn't ... Anytime the employer takes more money that he didn't work for, he's stealing from the worker ... So basically, as long as walmart is profitable, barely, or even just cutting even, the workers arn't stealing a thing.

    If you buy a car and the car isn't perfect, you havn't been robbed.
    You've nailed your lean, RGacky.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #479
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Isn't it assumed that if the pay and work at Walmart was not adequate, that people would not take the jobs for that pay. If people didn't take jobs for that pay, Walmart would have to increase their pay level and maybe benefits until it attracted employees so the company can continue operations. No one forces them to work at Walmart. People took the job and the pay at what the market is dictating.

    Isn't this the conversation every Thanksgiving and Christmas with Walmart?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #480
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Walmart workers demand better wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You have absolutely nothing to base this on, but you "must assume" all of it anyway.

    Get a job at WalMart. Then tell me how peachy you think they have it. You've concocted this whole conspiracy theory from... what, exactly? What actual evidence do you have to support any of this?
    Lets face reality, shall we? most walmart employees are not high skilled and are performing pretty easy jobs. Those who demonstrate hard work, incentive, and abilities will be promoted to management and higher pay, those who do not will remain at basic wages.

    As with everything in life, supply and demand should set the price of labor, more skills and abilities warrant higher pay.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •