Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 92

Thread: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

  1. #11
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    For some reason we have always never discussed politics on Thanksgiving or Christmas; the subjects have always strayed from that. When done with dinner we would all go to the television and watch football or basketball.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  2. #12
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The rest of us? Who is the "rest of us"?
    Maybe the 53% of the nation that Mitt Romney wanted to help even more while forgetting about the other 47%
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Maybe the 53% of the nation that Mitt Romney wanted to help even more while forgetting about the other 47%
    If that is true then I don't see the problem with Romney doing that. Isn't the President of the US suppose to help the majority of the people in this country? As ole' Abe Lincoln state: "You can please some people some of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time"
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #14
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    Voting for Obama makes Baby Jesus cry

    CRYING-BABY-JESUS.jpg


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by RLN View Post
    For some reason we have always never discussed politics on Thanksgiving or Christmas; the subjects have always strayed from that. When done with dinner we would all go to the television and watch football or basketball.
    That's the way things should be, IMHO.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Voting for Obama makes Baby Jesus cry

    CRYING-BABY-JESUS.jpg
    That's just silly. I think it would make him want us to pray that the President will make good decisions.

  7. #17
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,964

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    No matter who anyone voted for, my family would be apart for Thanksgiving. My husband was stationed in Bahrain last month for a 1 year unaccompanied tour.

    I think many on here are being just as bad as those who would actually allow an election to influence whether they spend the holiday with their family or not. I saw a lot of comments about political sides and only a few about how stupid it is to pick politics over family.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    My family includes several Christians, a couple of Buddhists, and an agnostic or two. Several are die-hard conservatives, a couple are die-hard liberals, several more are independents.

    We got together for Thanksgiving and we gave thanks, enjoyed each others company, ate well and had no arguments.


    Family > politics.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #19
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    If that is true then I don't see the problem with Romney doing that. Isn't the President of the US suppose to help the majority of the people in this country? As ole' Abe Lincoln state: "You can please some people some of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time"
    They can already help themselves, why ignore the people that cannot?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Voting For Obama Keeps Families Away From Each Other For Thanksgiving

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    They can already help themselves, why ignore the people that cannot?
    Are they really being ignored? You mean you want more entitlements, and free stuff. I think Romney wanted to put them to work, but to many that's a bad thing. Work, I don't don't do that?
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •