Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 274

Thread: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

  1. #221
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Her response also makes perfect sense if she's trying to save her ass from being fired. She's obviously not dumb enough to say 'Yeah, I did it because I hate veterans'. So instead she comes up with the only explanation that could possibly save her job.
    If the authorities had witnessed her action they wouldn't have listen to any B.S. explanation she might have had and marched her smart ass right out.

    It is all black and white. She violated the U.S. Army's code of conduct at Arlington and they have the right to remove her or if needed arrest her. This has nothing to do wtih freedom of speech.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    She deserved to lose her job. She's either a really unpleasant person or a really stupid one. Either way, her employer is better off without her.
    In your opinion she did. In your opinion she is. In your opinion they are. I disagree with all three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    If the authorities had witnessed her action they wouldn't have listen to any B.S. explanation she might have had and marched her smart ass right out.

    It is all black and white. She violated the U.S. Army's code of conduct at Arlington and they have the right to remove her or if needed arrest her. This has nothing to do wtih freedom of speech.
    Arrest her based off of what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Arrest her based off of what?
    If she refused to leave the grounds immediately they can arrest her. That is why I wrote "if needed arrest her."

    This is grounds of the US Army. It is similiar to entering a military base where you don't have all the freedoms you do in the civilian world.

    As I said in another posting, even the Westboro Baptist Church are smart enough to know there little B.S. show would last about 5 seconds inside Arlington.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Sorry, it would be difficult for me to debate anybody who calls himself John Galt. And the military wouldn't let you in because you were a pothead? Wow. Go figure.
    No, I wasn't accepted into the military because I refused to take a job as an aeronautical mechanic. Eventually they would have put me through school to become a pilot... I have no interest now or then to drop bombs on innocent people..

    The United States Army in 2001 denied my entry not because I had previous pot charges but because I was not willing to learn their aircrafts and eventually fly one.

    The United States Army told me they would only grant me a waiver if I accepted the MOS assignment that they wanted me to do... I said no so we parted ways...

    BTW, there is nothing wrong with John Galt - read a book or two.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    If she refused to leave the grounds immediately they can arrest her. That is why I wrote "if needed arrest her."

    This is grounds of the US Army. It is similiar to entering a military base where you don't have all the freedoms you do in the civilian world.

    As I said in another posting, even the Westboro Baptist Church are smart enough to know there little B.S. show would last about 5 seconds inside Arlington.
    Right... but this is about a picture that she posted and not about her violating policies on a US Army base...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No, I wasn't accepted into the military because I refused to take a job as an aeronautical mechanic. Eventually they would have put me through school to become a pilot... I have no interest now or then to drop bombs on innocent people..

    The United States Army in 2001 denied my entry not because I had previous pot charges but because I was not willing to learn their aircrafts and eventually fly one.

    The United States Army told me they would only grant me a waiver if I accepted the MOS assignment that they wanted me to do... I said no so we parted ways...

    BTW, there is nothing wrong with John Galt - read a book or two.
    And "Who is John Galt" is the catch phrase to symbolize hopelessness and doesn't the lady Daggert imply that we all are John Galt? So your sig works just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #228
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Facebook Firestorm: Should She Lose Her Job Over Arlington Photo? | NBC4 Washington
    She can't possibly be the only one who's done that. Sounds like a classic teen thing to do - period.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    And "Who is John Galt" is the catch phrase to symbolize hopelessness and doesn't the lady Daggert imply that we all are John Galt? So your sig works just fine.
    John Galt implies hope... I suppose socialists will see differently.

  10. #230
    User PoliticalAnswer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-19-12 @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    13

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Not sure if they have the right to fire her or not... my contention was with the glee that some seem to have at the idea of her getting fired.
    Anyone who is gleeful clearly has issues besides passion. Was it a deserved firing? Debatable, though I'd argue yes. Was it insensitive? Unquestionably. But to be glad about a young woman losing her career over a stupid mistake is vicious and vindictive. It's a tragic situation...glee should be the furthest thing from anyone's mind.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •