Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 274

Thread: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

  1. #131
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Welcome to the new progressive USA, where people can be fired for their beliefs.

    You progressives set the tone for this nonsense.
    Welcome to America, where the First Amendment protects you from government prosecution, but you still have to own up to the consequences of your actions.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #132
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    If you think that some idiot holding her hands in front of her face in front of a sign is what's primarily wrong with this nation, you must not have any idea what's going on in this country whatsoever.

    People have the right to be disrespectful on their facebook (freedom of speech), it's one of the many rights the men of this country fought and died for.

    I truly pity you if you can't see what our national debt and wars are doing to this country.
    Yes, people have that right, and they should. Like flag burning, I would support people to have that right even though I personally disagree with the action itself.

    But that's only half the issue. The other half is societal acceptance. Should we roll over and accept something like this? Should we roll over and accept the concept of "anything goes"? Young single women having babies has become socially acceptable, at least to the point that others are afraid to say anything about it, and this removal of stigma is a huge reason why we have so many under served and unwanted kids and an expanding "safety net" system in our country.

    Again, having the right to do something only means you don't get arrested and prosecuted for it. It doesn't shield you from social repercussions, and some things are worth retaining the social stigma.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Welcome to America, where the First Amendment protects you from government prosecution, but you still have to own up to the consequences of your actions.
    In what universe does that individuals political beliefs effect her job?

    Look I don't agree with what she did, but a) she is entitled to our First Amendment and b) what she did has no barrings on her job, but at the same time the company she works for has the right to hire and fire anyone they want....

    All I'm saying is progressives opened the door to political discrimination at the workplace.... IMO, people shouldn't be fired for their political views but progressives created an atmosphere where that is acceptable..

    It's become quite common that employees are fired for crap they post on facebook - progressives don't have a problem with it when someone is fired for posting anti-Obama rants, but now they have a problem with it when it's one of their own getting fired.

    But like I said - people shouldn't be fired for their political beliefs. What people do with their own personal time is their business.

  4. #134
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,808

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Welcome to the new progressive USA, where people can be fired for their beliefs.

    You progressives set the tone for this nonsense.

    you partisans are so funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    But this isn't about progressives or any other group; it's about one stupendously immature 30-year old who lacks both common decency and common sense. Well, two, really, because her supervisor/friend, Jamie Schuh, was just as insensitive, irreverent, and dumb to have taken the picture.

  6. #136
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Thus far, the only sane and classy response I've seen to this silliness came from The Old Guard, as cited in the article from the OP.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    you partisans are so funny.
    I'm not partisan, but at the same time I'm not stupid....

    Progressives like you call for progress - well here is your progress.

    I've read numerous news articles about people getting fired for being anti-Obama and sharing their politics online or holding non-progressive views...

    Well now these authoritarian ideas have come back to bite a progressive in the butt...

  8. #138
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,808

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm not partisan, but at the same time I'm not stupid....

    Progressives like you call for progress - well here is your progress.

    I've read numerous news articles about people getting fired for being anti-Obama and sharing their politics online or holding non-progressive views...

    Well now these authoritarian ideas have come back to bite a progressive in the butt...
    Well that's because partisans tend to read articles of bias confirmation from sources of bais confirmation no matter how loosely played facts are or how outrageous the conspiracy theories may be... they eat it up.

    If you want to know what I as a progressive think and/or want... I'd love to share ideas. But you are going really vague and accusatory so I don't think that's what you are aiming at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #139
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm not partisan, but at the same time I'm not stupid....

    Progressives like you call for progress - well here is your progress.

    I've read numerous news articles about people getting fired for being anti-Obama and sharing their politics online or holding non-progressive views...

    Well now these authoritarian ideas have come back to bite a progressive in the butt...
    Just curious--how do you know that either Lindsey Stone or Jamie Shuh is a progressive?

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    But this isn't about progressives or any other group; it's about one stupendously immature 30-year old who lacks both common decency and common sense. Well, two, really, because her supervisor/friend, Jamie Schuh, was just as insensitive, irreverent, and dumb to have taken the picture.
    This has everything to do with progressives because their ideology allowed it to happen. Progressives believe it's ok to fire someone for offending another.

    This is what you call "progress" - the persecution of an individual because that individual doesn't think like you or share common political beliefs...

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •