Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Iran hosts Syrian peace conference

  1. #1
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Iran hosts Syrian peace conference

    Under the motto “No to violence, yes to democracy,” an estimated 200 Syrian and regional politicians gathered in Tehran on Sunday to discuss a possible end to the violence that has engulfed Syria since March 2011.

    “We believe reforms in Syria should lead to a free, fair and transparent election with the cooperation of all political parties,” said Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi in opening remarks at the one-day Syria National Dialogue conference.

    The Tehran conference, considered by some as a response to the Doha gathering, comprised a range of representatives of Syria’s ethnic and religious spectrum, but none identified themselves as specifically in opposition to the current Syrian regime. Among them were Assad loyalists, Syria’s National Reconciliation Minister Ali Haidar and Syrian Deputy Prime Minister Qadri Jamil.



    Read more @:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-hosts-syrian-peace-conference/2012/11/18/f64bcdae-3186-11e2-92f0-496af208bf23_story.html

    Should this conference been taken serious? Or is it just a stage for Assad loyalists? I believe that Iran does hold some sway in the whole Syria conflict, I however believe that this conference is not a serious conference i simply think it was a way for Assad loyalists have their voices heard in the international spotlight and their positions on the Syrian conflict. I also believe that both Assad and Iran want a peaceful end to this conflict but that is far from sight right now..


  2. #2
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Iran hosts Syrian peace conference

    Since the Iranian regime is the sole supplier of Assad, the means to peace should be obvious to them.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Iran hosts Syrian peace conference

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Since the Iranian regime is the sole supplier of Assad, the means to peace should be obvious to them.
    Let me get what you are implying straight. The iranians who think the world is trying to destroy them and their ideas should consider just giving up completely and allowing Isreal and the jews to kill them in the genocide they perceive is happening? First off, i am not claiming Isreal is trying to kill them all off and their belief system, but rather that is what they see happening so this is what you are asking them to do from their point of view. Right or wrong, it is what they see happening.

    I have to say no reasonable person in the world who sees the world like that is going to give up. Your idea incompatible with the situation. They simply do not think you are right, and demanding they stop fighting is going to fall on deaf ears because you do not give any reasons. Actually, it is not even going to fall on deaf ears, it will be resented and hated because you are asking them to lay down and be peacefully and painfully anihilated by the jews in their point of view.

    I would never agree to that. Christians like to spout that their god has said i should go to hell and be wiped from the face of the planet. There are a number of reasons for that. i don't believe in their god, I have done drugs, i have had sexual relations with my own gender and enjoy it, I don't go to church, or i ate a ham sandwich. I don't see any of those reasons as valid or right, but yet they wish for me to just lay down and be wiped out. If you want me to lay down and die you had better have some much better reasons than a corrupt church and a moldy book of stories.

    So yes, long before you will ever get to the point of muslims stopping the war against the jews, and the jews stopping the war against the muslims, you need a better damned argument. They don't believe you, and with that level of bull they are never going to. It is actually, IMO, mentally insane to think that would work on them. They may be completely wrong, but your argument is 100 percent fail and will never work. They don't see you as wise. They don't regard your ideas as infallible. they do not think you are even all that bright. You cannot get away with relying on your own overinflated egotistical self view as proof of your being right. I know you think highly of yourself, but no one else does.

    So get some logic and reason and start making a real argument.

  4. #4
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Iran hosts Syrian peace conference

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Let me get what you are implying straight. The iranians who think the world is trying to destroy them and their ideas should consider just giving up completely and allowing Isreal and the jews to kill them in the genocide they perceive is happening? First off, i am not claiming Isreal is trying to kill them all off and their belief system, but rather that is what they see happening so this is what you are asking them to do from their point of view. Right or wrong, it is what they see happening.

    I have to say no reasonable person in the world who sees the world like that is going to give up. Your idea incompatible with the situation. They simply do not think you are right, and demanding they stop fighting is going to fall on deaf ears because you do not give any reasons. Actually, it is not even going to fall on deaf ears, it will be resented and hated because you are asking them to lay down and be peacefully and painfully anihilated by the jews in their point of view.
    This is of course Ridiculous.
    The Jews have had Nukes for 40+ years and never made any moves on Iran even after their radical Mullah-lution in 1979.
    So all of a sudden they're scared of the Jews.
    BS!
    Israel has never had any designs on Non-Neighboring Iran.
    The only bproblem now is Iran threatening Israel in the last 10 years with new nukes.

    Iran is interested in expanding it's sphere of Influence/Flexing the Shia Crescent and THEY are Arming Hamas and Hezbollah in a Proxy/Holy War against Israel.
    The Arab Gulf Sunni States are also worried about Iran Nukes, NOT Israel's. They have called for strikes on Iran.
    They (and even Iran) know Israels' weapons are only a defensive and necessary last resort/defense for a geographically tiny country.

    Quote Originally Posted by terrun
    .

    So get some logic and reason and start making a real argument.
    Get some logic indeed. You have NO idea what you're talking about. You just parrot or invent more a'jad and co. excuses.

    The Iran 'peace conference' is of course a sham - but happily foisted by TheDemSocialist.
    Last edited by mbig; 11-19-12 at 04:40 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Iran hosts Syrian peace conference

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    This is of course Ridiculous.
    Right or wrong, rediculous or not it is how they see things. You simply calling that rediculous means you have no desire to actually look towards any sort of resolution. You cannot communicate with their side by calling their ideas rediculous even when they may be. That may have it's place in certain arguments, but when these people see their weapons and fighting as defending their lives the idea that your opinion is going to work is ridiculous.

    Let me again put you in their place. You see some armed guys who have shot at you and your friends. You have a gun. I come up to you and tell you to give me your gun, you have nothing to fear, you are being ridiculous. knowing those people are armed and have shot at you there is no chance your giving me your gun. I have not given you any guarantee of safety. i have not said i would stop them from killing you. I just told you your fears are ridiculous, which from your point of view at that point would be a ridiculous thing to tell you.

    So yes, the person here being ridiculous is the guy who is trying to say either side is going to buy your line of bull.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    The Jews have had Nukes for 40+ years and never made any moves on Iran even after their radical Mullah-lution in 1979.
    So all of a sudden they're scared of the Jews.
    BS!
    Nukes are not the only thing Isreal, or they, have. You seem to be saying the only thing to fear are nukes. What is worse s you are saying that in a conflict involving a group that germany attempted to wipe off the planet in a war that did not have a nuclear bomb available to the genocidal army. So yes, they are getting shot at, and yes both sides are being killed by the other. The only person who is spreading BS that i see is the one claiming you only need to worry about a nuclear blast. Believe me, humans have been killing each other long before there were nukes. We have these things called rocks, hands, knives, water, poison, guns, and lawn darts that we can use to kill others. Humans are pretty damned inventive at the killing thing. So claiming they are not in mortal danger while they are dying from the attacks of Isreal is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Israel has never had any designs on Non-Neighboring Iran.
    tell that to the palestinians who used to own most of isreal before isreal started taking their land. Sorry, but your claim makes no sense to a group that has watched isreal basically steal the land from the palestinians, and now is shooting at them. There has been nothing peaceful about isreal in it's entire existence. Even if you want to come from that point of view it will never be accepted by iran or the muslims that they are totally in the wrong. The reality is no matter who shot first or whatever both sides have been fighting and killing each other which means both sides have wronged the other. If you cannot understand that basic idea then you really have no basis of understanding any other solution aside from genocide to resolve this conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    The only bproblem now is Iran threatening Israel in the last 10 years with new nukes.
    It is not the nukes. they are just the latest weapon. no, these people have been popping each other off for years. The nukes are just an escalation of a neverending violence that the whole area is in, and you are hopelessly ignorant of the situation if you really think this is just about some nukes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Iran is interested in expanding it's sphere of Influence/Flexing the Shia Crescent and THEY are Arming Hamas and Hezbollah in a Proxy/Holy War against Israel.
    If expanding your sphere of influence is a crime then every damned country since the inception of countries is guilty, and you should toss yourself in jail right now because your country, no matter what one it is, is guilty of that exact same thing. maybe those people really don't trust you because you are trying to do the same thing to them, and I am not going to blame them for not putting down their guns when you clearly support a nationalism that does the exact same thing only against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    The Arab Gulf Sunni States are also worried about Iran Nukes, NOT Israel's. They have called for strikes on Iran.
    They (and even Iran) know Israels' weapons are only a defensive and necessary last resort/defense for a geographically tiny country.
    Guess what, every country is worried about other countries nukes. It is called MAD and it stands for mutually assured destruction. It actually existed before nukes. Europe was pretty decimated and bombed out from ww2. Our non-nuclear ordinance can level large amounts of the earth. Slash and burn warfare had been practiced by tribes years before guns were ever invented. This is not a new threat we live under that goes away if iran is gone. Seriously, if it was just iran causing this i would say eliminate the problem as fast and efficiently as possible, but Iran is not the end of the problem. You are trying to tell us that making isreal win will solve the problem, and it simply won't. We will still have threats tomorrow, and we can always find someone else threatening us today.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Get some logic indeed. You have NO idea what you're talking about. You just parrot or invent more a'jad and co. excuses.

    The Iran 'peace conference' is of course a sham - but happily foisted by TheDemSocialist.
    You are ignorant of the reasons for this conflict, and you have proven that with your simplistic and incorrect statements. Due to this your ideas are wrong and quite frankly seem to be quite ridiculous. No there is not a single person in Iran, palestine, or even Isreal who i would think would willingly lay down their weapons and surrender for that BS. You cannot even convince the people on this message board of this, and you think people are going to surrender to that?

  6. #6
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Iran hosts Syrian peace conference

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Right or wrong, rediculous or not it is how they see things. You simply calling that rediculous means you have no desire to actually look towards any sort of resolution. You cannot communicate with their side by calling their ideas rediculous even when they may be. That may have it's place in certain arguments, but when these people see their weapons and fighting as defending their lives the idea that your opinion is going to work is ridiculous.
    No, that's Buying AND supporting their propaganda.
    Israel was NO threat to Iran, Before Iran started developing Nukes, Longer Range Missiles, and making statements about getting rid of the 'zionist entity'.
    There is no objective way to say otherwise.
    Iran's leadership knows this, while you don't, and prefer you help helping them with what They know is a lie/excuse.


    Quote Originally Posted by tererun
    Let me again put you in their place. ...
    So yes, the person here being ridiculous is the guy who is trying to say either side is going to buy your line of bull.
    I just explained to you their REAL "Place", which is actively seeking to get rid of Israel, NOT defend themselves form it.
    Any other take is Ignorant and Clownish with zero comprehension of a simple decade or three of history.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun
    Nukes are not the only thing Isreal, or they, have. You seem to be saying the only thing to fear are nukes. What is worse s you are saying that in a conflict involving a group that germany attempted to wipe off the planet in a war that did not have a nuclear bomb available to the genocidal army. So yes, they are getting shot at, and yes both sides are being killed by the other. The only person who is spreading BS that i see is the one claiming you only need to worry about a nuclear blast. Believe me, humans have been killing each other long before there were nukes. We have these things called rocks, hands, knives, water, poison, guns, and lawn darts that we can use to kill others. Humans are pretty damned inventive at the killing thing. So claiming they are not in mortal danger while they are dying from the attacks of Isreal is ridiculous.
    Incoherent rambling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tererun
    tell that to the palestinians who used to own most of isreal before isreal started taking their land. Sorry, but your claim makes no sense to a group that has watched isreal basically steal the land from the palestinians, and now is shooting at them. ..
    I see your motivation now. Typical blind anti-Israel Leftism.
    Please document this accusation of Land Stealing for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun
    It is not the nukes. they are just the latest weapon. no, these people have been popping each other off for years. The nukes are just an escalation of a neverending violence that the whole area is in, and you are hopelessly ignorant of the situation if you really think this is just about some nukes.
    I suggest you read some of my more than 2000 posts in the M-E section. They are perhaps the best documented of anyone's. If there's ANY ignorance on that subject and of my knowledge on it, it's Yours.
    You are beginner on this board AND on the topic.
    What a Goofy outrage.
    ANY TIME YOU WANT TO DISCUSS OR DEBATE ANY ASPECT OF THE I-P CONFLICT, FROM IT'S HISTORY TO RIGHT NOW...
    JUST STEP RIGHT UP, OR DOWN TO THE/MY SECTION AND GET YOUR HEAD HANDED TO YOU.
    I've posted on all aspects of it in the section.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererum

    If expanding your sphere of influence is a crime then every damned country since the inception of countries is guilty, and you should toss yourself in jail right now because your country, no matter what one it is, is guilty of that exact same thing. maybe those people really don't trust you because you are trying to do the same thing to them, and I am not going to blame them for not putting down their guns when you clearly support a nationalism that does the exact same thing only against them.
    it's a crime, or at least an act of war, to arm groups terrorizing Israel and also denying it's right to exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun
    Guess what, every country is worried about other countries nukes. It is called MAD and it stands for mutually assured destruction...
    That's a Lie or more likely, yet More Ignorance in the service of politics.
    ie, Saudi Arabia and Qatar (Kuwait too) were never worried about Israeli Nukes, but have announced programs only in the last few years Because of Iran
    BOTH have called overtly or covertly for the USA to strike and destroy Iran's Nukes.
    They are not now, and never were threatened by Israel's
    How Ignorant again.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun
    You are ignorant of the reasons for this conflict, and you have proven that with your simplistic and incorrect statements. Due to this your ideas are wrong and quite frankly seem to be quite ridiculous. No there is not a single person in Iran, palestine, or even Isreal who i would think would willingly lay down their weapons and surrender for that BS. You cannot even convince the people on this message board of this, and you think people are going to surrender to that?
    I'd say, along with DonaldSutherland, I am THE MOST knowledgeable person here on this conflict.
    Come on down rookie!
    This is hysterical.

    AGAIN: Any Time, Any aspect.
    I have 2000+ posts there and probably 100 strings starters. (and probably another 10,000++ in 10 Years before that all over the net, as well as helping someone with to a book on it)
    Go right ahead, straighten me out. Make my day.

    Since you are Babbling/Barking about "stolen" a good place to start might be here:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...olen-land.html
    Put your money where you Big Mouth is Rookie.
    You Really stepped in it.
    Last edited by mbig; 11-19-12 at 12:56 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  7. #7
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Iran hosts Syrian peace conference

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Let me get what you are implying straight.
    I can help without reading the rest. Just understand this: the Iranian regime is the sole supplier of arms, training and munitions to the Assad regime. If Iran withdrew support, the other 99% of the world wins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •