Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 106 of 106

Thread: Iranian ministry suggests openness to nuclear talks

  1. #101
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Iranian ministry suggests openness to nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Google ( Iran Contra Noreiga Cocaine BCCI Hasenfus ) then take your pick. Well known and documented historical information. From Wiki to news organizations. The Lord helps those that help themselves.
    After that google ( Chile Allende IT & T copper CIA )
    After that google ( operation Phoenix )
    After that google ( opium production Afghanistan 2000-2012 )
    After that google ( banana republics )
    have some nice reads.
    No Dave. That is not how it works. You make the claim, you back it up. Don't expect to win many hearts and minds if all you have to offer is a negative view, then tell others to research it themselves....Quit being lazy, and back up your assertions.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #102
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,287

    Re: Iranian ministry suggests openness to nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No Dave. That is not how it works. You make the claim, you back it up. Don't expect to win many hearts and minds if all you have to offer is a negative view, then tell others to research it themselves....Quit being lazy, and back up your assertions.
    Any link I specify, you will state it is a bogus/lefist/liberal/communist/biased link and I am specifically denying you that option. All the Google suggestions will bring up numerous pertinent links and you can not deny them all. Again, I am just denying your comfort in denial of a link's validity. I know exactly what I am posting and have backed up my facts beyond debate necessity. We're talking about history here. Don't you know that? And in addition, I personally checked each of the google search words in parenthesis and guarantee that they are effective and produce the requisite info.
    Last edited by DaveFagan; 11-25-12 at 02:09 PM.

  3. #103
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Iranian ministry suggests openness to nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Any link I specify, you will state it is a bogus/lefist/liberal/communist/biased link and I am specifically denying you that option.
    So by saying this you are admitting that your view undoubtedly derives from "Bogus/Leftist/Communist/Biased" drivel.

    I mean that much was clear to see, but then why should anything further be entertained in this endeavor of yours?

    All the Google suggestions will bring up numerous pertinent links and you can not deny them all. Again, I am just denying your comfort in denial of a link's validity.
    Wether I think a particular link is valid or not is irrelevant. What you don't get here is that you are churning out what you think is valid, and I believe is rooted in some sort of self loathing, citizenship wise, that is hard for me to understand. You can tell me all day long that you want me to listen to Democracy Now, on LINK TV, but if I find Amy Goodman unpalatable what have you achieved?

    I know exactly what I am posting and have backed up my facts beyond debate necessity. We're talking about history here. Don't you know that?
    No, you have asserted, then petulantly said you want me to just accept your premise through using google to read what you think backs you up. Do your own homework sir. Then present it to me and allow me to see that assertion backed up properly, and I will afford you the same respect. You assume too much about people.

    History is written by the victor, you have won nothing. Revision is often used by those unhappy with fact. This is where I see your argument headed.

    Allow me to ask a simple question....If America represents such a negative thing for you, then why are you expending so much energy in trying to change it? If after decades your view is rejected, why not cross the border to Canada where you have a better shot at seeing what you think is just?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #104
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,287

    Re: Iranian ministry suggests openness to nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So by saying this you are admitting that your view undoubtedly derives from "Bogus/Leftist/Communist/Biased" drivel.

    I mean that much was clear to see, but then why should anything further be entertained in this endeavor of yours?



    Wether I think a particular link is valid or not is irrelevant. What you don't get here is that you are churning out what you think is valid, and I believe is rooted in some sort of self loathing, citizenship wise, that is hard for me to understand. You can tell me all day long that you want me to listen to Democracy Now, on LINK TV, but if I find Amy Goodman unpalatable what have you achieved?



    No, you have asserted, then petulantly said you want me to just accept your premise through using google to read what you think backs you up. Do your own homework sir. Then present it to me and allow me to see that assertion backed up properly, and I will afford you the same respect. You assume too much about people.

    History is written by the victor, you have won nothing. Revision is often used by those unhappy with fact. This is where I see your argument headed.

    Allow me to ask a simple question....If America represents such a negative thing for you, then why are you expending so much energy in trying to change it? If after decades your view is rejected, why not cross the border to Canada where you have a better shot at seeing what you think is just?
    As must be obvious, when you find yourself deep in a hole, stop shoveling. You are simply wrong. That's my last word. I don't know what your contributions to anything are, but I'm a believer in Solar and to that end have a patent on a solar product. I am a believer in patriotism and to that end was a volunteer in Veitnam. I am a believer in truth and to that end waste my time trying to communicate with closed minds and that is why I am here.

  5. #105
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Iranian ministry suggests openness to nuclear talks

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    As must be obvious, when you find yourself deep in a hole, stop shoveling. You are simply wrong. That's my last word.
    Funny, I think the same of your argument....Isn't that strange how that works?

    I don't know what your contributions to anything are...
    Sure you do. I have not hidden what I do, or have done, nor do I embellish their importance.

    but I'm a believer in Solar and to that end have a patent on a solar product.
    good for you, and I hope that some day it is successful in providing more than just the fringe pipe dream it represents today. I am an all of the above guy.

    I am a believer in patriotism and to that end was a volunteer in Veitnam.
    I think we covered that already, no?

    I am a believer in truth and to that end waste my time trying to communicate with closed minds and that is why I am here.
    Is an 'open mind' one that thinks that only they have monopoly on 'truth'? I think not.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: Iranian ministry suggests openness to nuclear talks

    From Reuters:

    Iran will continue enriching uranium "with intensity", with the number of enrichment centrifuges it has operating to increase substantially in the current year, the country's nuclear energy chief was quoted as saying on Wednesday.

    The comments by Fereydoun Abbasi-Davani, the head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation, signaled continued defiance by Iran in the face of international demands that Tehran halt enrichment to the higher 20 percent fissile purity level, close down its Fordow enrichment plant, and ship out its stockpile of the material.
    Iran will press on with enrichment: nuclear chief | Reuters

    In short, as many of us believed in this thread, Iran was not serious about making a good faith effort to reach a diplomatic agreement concerning its nuclear program. The "openness" to diplomacy is, as it has been throughout the duration of the issue, a ploy to buy time. Iran still has little willingness to compromise.
    Last edited by donsutherland1; 11-28-12 at 08:09 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •