Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 653

Thread: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

  1. #571
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    No you haven't. Poor people who don't pay taxes but somehow nonetheless are responsible for the road your house is on and whom you therefore owe your business have.
    I see what you did there. LOL! Actually, I've put my life on hold trying to fund this thing, whereas people who are willing to settle for less are having kids, living an average life, and otherwise not giving a ****. I could just give up and settle for "surviving" but I would rather go for the big hit, this means little sleep and tons of mental stress, C'est la Vie.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #572
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yup, huge risk. The established companies have a name and great product, I've got to hope that my ideas are superior and can sell. Art is riskier I would say, the audience must accept it, it's not always about the talent(though I've seen your photos and it's there) but what reaches someone and when.
    Ah you're preaching to the choir here

    I get by on it. Looks like I'll be doing some billboards around town here locally. It is just good to get back to work after the heart failure stuff and all.

  3. #573
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Ah you're preaching to the choir here

    I get by on it. Looks like I'll be doing some billboards around town here locally. It is just good to get back to work after the heart failure stuff and all.
    Glad to hear, hope all is good.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #574
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I see what you did there. LOL! Actually, I've put my life on hold trying to fund this thing, whereas people who are willing to settle for less are having kids, living an average life, and otherwise not giving a ****. I could just give up and settle for "surviving" but I would rather go for the big hit, this means little sleep and tons of mental stress, C'est la Vie.
    Wait a minute, my school teachers were pretty clear about this - only if you are lucky will you succeed as a business owner. Your work has nothing to do with it, and you don't actually "do" the work anyway. The only people who work hard are union members.



    Seriously though, brother- good for you. Live the dream.

  5. #575
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Wait a minute, my school teachers were pretty clear about this - only if you are lucky will you succeed as a business owner. Your work has nothing to do with it, and you don't actually "do" the work anyway. The only people who work hard are union members.



    Seriously though, brother- good for you. Live the dream.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity

  6. #576
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Wait a minute, my school teachers were pretty clear about this - only if you are lucky will you succeed as a business owner. Your work has nothing to do with it, and you don't actually "do" the work anyway. The only people who work hard are union members.



    Seriously though, brother- good for you. Live the dream.
    I tend not to trust people who get promoted for time in, though there are some fine teachers out there(somewhere).
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #577
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity
    Nope. Luck is just how rich people get rich. Well, that of course and stealing from workers.



    Hey! They were right! It IS easier than thinking!

  8. #578
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I tend not to trust people who get promoted for time in, though there are some fine teachers out there(somewhere).
    Well, as someone who got promoted for time in...... yeah, I see your point. The secret to success in government work? Stay in a long time. Competence is only really required to get into the tippest toppest positions, and even then....

  9. #579
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Nope. Luck is just how rich people get rich. Well, that of course and stealing from workers.



    Hey! They were right! It IS easier than thinking!
    It doesn't hurt when your Grandfather is one of the founding members of the Country Club

  10. #580
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It doesn't hurt when your Grandfather is one of the founding members of the Country Club
    Actually it often does. They don't say shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations for nothing.

Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •