Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 653

Thread: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

  1. #531
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Okay fair enough but what 12 unions? I want to know what 12 they are.
    I have no idea. Look it up yourself.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #532
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I have no idea. Look it up yourself.
    I have and it looks the reporter for the sake of impact is counting locals of the same union as individual unions. It is very dishonest to do that on the reporters part.

    Oh and BTW you made the post about ten unions you should be able to support it.

  3. #533
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I have and it looks the reporter for the sake of impact is counting locals of the same union as individual unions. It is very dishonest to do that on the reporters part.

    Oh and BTW you made the post about ten unions you should be able to support it.
    Hey, Winston. I did support it. That's a credible link. If you want to parse it and infer that it means something other than what it says? That's on you, buddy.

    Just admit you didn't read the article all the way to the end and be done with it. Or. Prove that link wrong.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #534
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What product was that?

    I remember New Coke BTW
    Not to get off topic but New Coke actually was a management and labor shared **** up. A batch was off and management decided to rebrand it as "New Coke" rather than waste product and when consumers hated it the company saved face by reissuing "Coke Classic". It was actually a good and bad move in the same decision.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #535
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Hey, Winston. I did support it. That's a credible link. If you want to parse it and infer that it means something other than what it says? That's on you, buddy.

    Just admit you didn't read the article all the way to the end and be done with it. Or. Prove that link wrong.

    I did read the article and no where in the article are the 12 unions listed. Now what are the 12 unions the reporter were referring unless they were locals of the same union counted individually?

    It is bad reportage and very misleading.

  6. #536
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Not to get off topic but New Coke actually was a management and labor shared **** up. A batch was off and management decided to rebrand it as "New Coke" rather than waste product and when consumers hated it the company saved face by reissuing "Coke Classic". It was actually a good and bad move in the same decision.
    A production f up caused a multi million dollar ad campaign...yeah right

  7. #537
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I did read the article and no where in the article are the 12 unions listed. Now what are the 12 unions the reporter were referring unless they were locals of the same union counted individually?

    It is bad reportage and very misleading.
    I'm done here, Winston. You've obviously Googled nowhere else for the information. It's repeated by both the Chicago Tribune and USA Today and who knows how many others. Don't be blamin' me if credible links are incorrect -- which we have no reason to believe, other than WINSTON, that they are.

    Twinkies maker Hostess, union head to mediation
    Hostess mediation: Judge delays hearing to allow Hostess, unions to work out issues - chicagotribune.com
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #538
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    A production f up caused a multi million dollar ad campaign...yeah right
    It's absolutely true my man. The official story is that Coca-Cola wanted to go in a new formula direction, I was listening to something years back when one of the former executives flat out admitted it was a company wide ****up starting at the production end and later being fumbled by marketing.

    EDIT - I wish I could remember what the program was, it escapes me ATM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #539
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm done here, Winston. You've obviously Googled nowhere else for the information. It's repeated by both the Chicago Tribune and USA Today and who knows how many others. Don't be blamin' me if credible links are incorrect -- which we have no reason to believe, other than WINSTON, that they are.

    Twinkies maker Hostess, union head to mediation
    Hostess mediation: Judge delays hearing to allow Hostess, unions to work out issues - chicagotribune.com
    Neither of those articles list a dozen unions. You made the claim now what are they?

    BTW from the CNBC article:

    Corporate missteps include "years of underinvestment in products, facilities and equipment, long-term neglect of once-dominant brands and hollowing-out of a distribution system that once provided a competitive advantage," wrote Henry Wilson, a financial executive who analyzed Hostess for a provisional labor management committee created by the company and the Teamsters union.

    Wilson's conclusions, filed with the bankruptcy court in March, also cited failure to develop newer, higher-growth products, an overly compliant corporate board and a "grossly overleveraged" debt structure with Wall Street lenders that was imposed during the company's prior bankruptcy.

  10. #540
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Hostess threatens to lay off 18,000 employees unless strike ends[W:521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Actually, in consumer taste tests, people liked new coke better than original.
    Yes and no, Coke never released the raw numbers but issued percentages. There's no way of knowing what the methodology was and the sample, but reports from HQ had 1,000 plus complaint calls a day registered.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •