Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 531

Thread: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

  1. #521
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,764
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]Cease with the baiting, flaming and trolling. There is already a warning in this thread. Infractions and/or thread bans will be issued if anyone even remotely attacks, baits or trolls again.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  2. #522
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    In zee teeth. No free lunch boxes.

    Parasite Nation comes with costs... fewer jobs... hidden taxes... everywhere.

    But it's freeeeeeeeeee! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    Wrong numb nuts. It's Aints free.
    Wow - what a grade A Dick.

    So - Dennys sucks enough as it is . . . and he thinks people are going to keep working there if they get a guaranteed hourly hack? Or they're going to keep eating there if the alternative restaurants are cheaper? People will just find new jobs that give the hours they need and he'll replace it with people who don't care as much as are crappier employees.

    Hello - where did his business brain go?

    Does it cost more? Then boost patronage and increase business and sales to cover the spike. . .holy crap. what a ****tard.

    That's like saying 'since sugar costs more we're going ot dramatically decrease our production efficiency which will further boost the costs.'

    *facepalm*

    If you ruffle corporate feathers enough and cause a serious problem for them you can get kicked OUT of your franchise!
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #523
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Wow - what a grade A Dick.

    So - Dennys sucks enough as it is . . . and he thinks people are going to keep working there if they get a guaranteed hourly hack? Or they're going to keep eating there if the alternative restaurants are cheaper? People will just find new jobs that give the hours they need and he'll replace it with people who don't care as much as are crappier employees.

    Hello - where did his business brain go?

    Does it cost more? Then boost patronage and increase business and sales to cover the spike. . .holy crap. what a ****tard.

    That's like saying 'since sugar costs more we're going ot dramatically decrease our production efficiency which will further boost the costs.'

    *facepalm*

    If you ruffle corporate feathers enough and cause a serious problem for them you can get kicked OUT of your franchise!
    Most businesses will increase your cost, I think he's just being upfront about it, not to excuse that he is acting a bit like a baby.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #524
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Most businesses will increase your cost, I think he's just being upfront about it, not to excuse that he is acting a bit like a baby.
    Yep. A slow increase in cost - that happens all the time. It's business.

    But the cutting of hours . . .that's just wrong.

    there's a right and a wrong way - and turning your employees against you is the wrong wrong way.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #525
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Yep. A slow increase in cost - that happens all the time. It's business.

    But the cutting of hours . . .that's just wrong.

    there's a right and a wrong way - and turning your employees against you is the wrong wrong way.
    The employees are suffering because of the full time requirements. The penalties associated with 30hr work shifts are heavy and add up. I feel sorry for them obviously, but they were turned into a liability by bad law, something we honestly need to keep mind of. It would be nice if warm, fuzzy, and fair were parts of business equations, but unfortunately sometimes the cold hearted decision is the only one left.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #526
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    if not why bring it up to begin with?
    I didn't bring it up -- you did. You claimed that employees have no risk -- no stake in the success of the business. I would say that's patently false, particularly when jobs are scarce.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  7. #527
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    The employees are suffering because of the full time requirements. The penalties associated with 30hr work shifts are heavy and add up. I feel sorry for them obviously, but they were turned into a liability by bad law, something we honestly need to keep mind of. It would be nice if warm, fuzzy, and fair were parts of business equations, but unfortunately sometimes the cold hearted decision is the only one left.
    I'm sort of curious as to how he managed to get away with not offering any sort of benefits for so long.

    I wouldn't be able to take a job if it didn't provide something of that nature.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #528
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I'm sort of curious as to how he managed to get away with not offering any sort of benefits for so long.

    I wouldn't be able to take a job if it didn't provide something of that nature.
    Different workers have different leverage. These people may not have leverage.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #529
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Yep. A slow increase in cost - that happens all the time. It's business.

    But the cutting of hours . . .that's just wrong.

    there's a right and a wrong way - and turning your employees against you is the wrong wrong way.
    When I waited tables, we never went over 40. We could beg all we wanted, and we couldn't get over 40. Managers watch those hours like a hawk. If it eats at the bottom line, then they nip it in the butt. If people working over 30 hours is going to hit the bottom line, managers are going to cut hours so that doesn't happen.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #530
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I didn't bring it up -- you did. You claimed that employees have no risk -- no stake in the success of the business. I would say that's patently false, particularly when jobs are scarce.
    Risk means monetary investment, nothing more nothing less.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •