Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 531

Thread: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

  1. #451
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Be sure and send 100,000,000 quarters. Per year.
    Find me one Papa John's customer who would protest paying an extra quarter knowing that it meant the delivery guy and the guys at the shop cooking would have health insurance.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #452
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Find me one Papa John's customer who would protest paying an extra quarter knowing that it meant the delivery guy and the guys at the shop cooking would have health insurance.
    It goes deeper than that and you know it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #453
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Find me one Papa John's customer who would protest paying an extra quarter knowing that it meant the delivery guy and the guys at the shop cooking would have health insurance.
    I don't mind paying if it's voluntary, it isn't. I have a major problem with paying for more government, especially a turd of a bill like Obamacare.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #454
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I don't mind paying if it's voluntary, it isn't. I have a major problem with paying for more government, especially a turd of a bill like Obamacare.
    Seriously, instead of making a big deal about it, why not just raise the prices on all of their products by a quarter? Don't say what it's for, just do it. Both sides are using Obamacare as a hammer to whack people over the head with.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #455
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Seriously, instead of making a big deal about it, why not just raise the prices on all of their products by a quarter? Don't say what it's for, just do it. Both sides are using Obamacare as a hammer to whack people over the head with.
    It's a horrid bill, and we are just starting to see the initial fallout. I'm tired of people excusing it, whining about people not liking it, and blaming the market for reacting to it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #456
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    In zee teeth. No free lunch boxes.

    Parasite Nation comes with costs... fewer jobs... hidden taxes... everywhere.

    But it's freeeeeeeeeee! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    Wrong numb nuts. It's Aints free.

    And your post is simply not remotely close to being true.

    The OP has redefined disingenuous.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 11-20-12 at 08:06 PM.

  7. #457
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I've got him on ignore for a reason. "Five year high" dollar doesn't mean **** compared to the last hundred years value of the dollar, of course, anyone who is looking objectively at the economy and not trying to spin bad political decisions of leadership would understand that. We have a ton of junk policy over decades from two parties and the bill is coming due, some companies are just being honest about what the worst policy in recent U.S. history is doing to the bottom line.
    He has me on ignore because he got tired of having his arguments smacked back in his face.

    Historically, versus the pound sterling, the dollar is worth more now than at any time going back to at least 1840.

    Tables of historical exchange rates to the United States dollar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Please don't quote this -- the man's fragile ego can't take it.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #458
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It's a horrid bill, and we are just starting to see the initial fallout. I'm tired of people excusing it, whining about people not liking it, and blaming the market for reacting to it.
    The market? You mean a few whack jobs screaming sour grapes because their guy lost?

  9. #459
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The market? You mean a few whack jobs screaming sour grapes because their guy lost?
    I mean the market where dollars are dropping in buying power, portions are getting shimmed down, chip bags have more air, and prices go up due to government interference. That market. Other than that, why don't you go ahead and give us your analysis?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #460
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Seriously, instead of making a big deal about it, why not just raise the prices on all of their products by a quarter? Don't say what it's for, just do it. Both sides are using Obamacare as a hammer to whack people over the head with.
    Ya know, I think this is what it really comes down to. Hardly anybody would notice a quarter price increase. Or, if they did notice, they wouldn't mind enough to stop buying the product. Just raise the price, don't say anything, and everybody assumes it's inflation and standard life operating procedure.

    Having said that, the guy is clearing using this to make a political point, but I think he's making himself look foolish by doing so. If Obamacare caused prices to increase by $3 he'd have a legitimate point, but 25c isn't enough to get all worked up about.

    Plus, if he's passing it on, is it really costing him anything?

    Plus, if he's paying it, so are his competitors, so where is he losing any market competitive advantage?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •