Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 531

Thread: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

  1. #371
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal wit

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    For the reason you implicitly identify. Because it is higher quality. If you want to survive cancer; you come to the United States. If you want a difficult bypass or neurological procedure, you come to the United States. If you want to get care quickly rather than waiting for months on end, you come to the United States. And it ain't just the wealthy - feel free to peruse those links.
    Actually, tons of Canadians come to the United States for treatment now, rather than sitting around and waiting for it for "free" in Canada... later.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #372
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal wit

    A main function of ObamaCare is to give more power of the major corporations to eliminate independent and non-politically profitable smaller companies.

    To this end, Obama personally exempted 1200 of the largest and wealthiest corporations exemption from ObamaCare - such as WalMart, who pay below poverty level wages, whose heirs have $20 BILLION each, and with $16 BILLION per year profits after expansion costs - while the old couple with the dollar stores have to pay at least $2000 more for each employee - and that is just to NOT provide their employees with Obama approved insurance plan. But, then that old couple can't afford to buy exemption from President Obama.

    Given that Obama is openly acting with the major corporations to wipe out all small business competitors, it is easy to see why small business truly hates Obama. He is the "great destroyer" of their life efforts. That really is what ObamaCare is largely about - destroying small business competitors of the mega rich big boys - who mega give to Obama and Democrats.

  3. #373
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Dancing on your grave now.

    It pretty bad when all you can do is repeat the same discredited and already refuted line over and over and over again while trying to ignore the mountain of evidence which has already proven you dead wrong.

    Thats where the grave comes in.


    Said the person who misrepresented what the term meant, was caught, called out and discredited as previously shown.


    ilol

  4. #374
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Your inability to use your own logic is not my fault. You presented an argument. I used your logic against you. Now you are upset that your own logic was brought to its conclusion you don't like. Again, not my fault you failed to think through your own argument before you made it.

    Seems that very few people here ever took a basic logic or rhetoric class and also expect no one to actually look at the logic presented within their arguments. If you post an argument, expect to have it taken apart and used against you. Failure to think through what you presented is your fault and your fault alone. Don't go with the "putting words in my mouth" when the logic used came from your mouth. Take some responsibility for what you posted. Own your argument. Don't go complaining when it doesn't go your way. That just makes you look incredibly immature.

    No, that is your logic that you are using. And it is logic that is obviously and hilariously wrong.
    You put words into my mouth that I never said. Period! You are the one who is in the wrong here and should follow your own advice as it applies to you and not me.



    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Want to tell me how healthcare run by the government where the doctors are government employees, procedures set by the government in facilities own by the government using equipment owned by the government is capitalistic?

    Or do you simply not understand what socialism is?
    You seem to be confused.

    How the government decides to carry out it's contractual obligation matters not. It still is a contractual obligation. Which is Capitalistic and not Socialism.

    It is something that was earned by a person's service. Which is not socialism. Or did you not know that?

  5. #375
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Ridiculous... or inconvenient?
    Most definitely not an inconvenience, as it is, as stated, a ridiculous question.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal wit

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Not when the statement is made that Americans "are more satisfied with the care they receive than Canadians."

    If that is so, then the Canadians should be champing at the bit to trade their system for one like ours.

    How about it, Canadians? Am I wrong? Brits and Aussies feel free to chime in here, too.
    It is a ridiculous question.

    It would be like asking Medicaid recipients if we should eliminate it.
    Or maybe we should just ask those Canadian's that have come to the U.S. to get care.

    It is a ridiculous question and is meaningless in this discussion.

  7. #377
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,981

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    Said the person who misrepresented what the term meant, was caught, called out and discredited as previously shown.


    ilol
    I have presented a mountain of evidence - both in definitions and in applications - from economists, politicians and others which clearly show that VULTURE CAPITALISM is exactly proper as I used it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #378
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Such hyperbole!

    Here we go again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    YOur problem seems to be with the sources that I used which clearly demonstrate that a VULTURE CAPITALIST is a far different thing that a VENTURE CAPITALIST.
    Like I said: (and shown)
    By definition, it is derogatory slang for a Venture Capitalist.

    And

    Dance, dance, dance.

    You held out that they were two different things. As shown, they are not.
    You purposely used derogatory slang and then denied it meant what it did.



    Dance, dance, dance.


    So please continue dancing. It is fun to watch.
    Like I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    By definition, it is derogatory slang for a Venture Capitalist. Which I am sure you know, which would be why you chose to use it.
    As previously provided.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    If one searches the term on Google, the first entry is the following:

    Definition of 'Vulture Capitalist'
    1. A slang word for a venture capitalist who deprives an inventor of control over their own innovations and most of the money they should have made from the invention.

    2. A venture capitalist who invests in floundering firms in the hopes that they will turn around.

    Investopedia explains 'Vulture Capitalist'
    Like them or not, many vulture capitalists make more money than the venture capitalists do.
    Vulture Capitalist Definition | Investopedia

    The Free Online Dictionary defines it this way.

    Vulture Capitalist
    1. An investor who buys companies in or near bankruptcy in order to save them.

    2. An investor who buys the rights to a new product or invention in order to profit from its sale. The term is somewhat derogatory as vulture capitalists deprive inventors of the money they would make otherwise. However, vulture capitalists may be in a better position to market these new products than the inventors themselves. See also: Vulture fund, Venture capital.

    vulture capitalist financial definition of vulture capitalist. vulture capitalist finance term by the Free Online Dictionary.


    It is apparent to me that the use of the recent Wiki entry was an attempt at subterfuge and it should also be apparent that everyone knew what he meant even if he tried to cover.
    It is still a "Venture Capitalist".

  9. #379
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,564

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal wit

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It is a ridiculous question.

    It would be like asking Medicaid recipients if we should eliminate it.
    Or maybe we should just ask those Canadian's that have come to the U.S. to get care.

    It is a ridiculous question and is meaningless in this discussion.
    When someone makes the statement that Americans are more satisfied with their health care system than are Canadians, asking what Canadians would trade their system for ours is ridiculous and meaningless?

    OK, then, let me ask this one:

    What Americans would trade their system for one like the Canadians have?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #380
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    John Metz has secret figures for his restaurants. DENN has public figures that I showed. SO - if Dennys can afford the ACA, so can all of John Metzs places.
    That is a incorrect assumption.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •