Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 531

Thread: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]

  1. #281
    Educator Uzidoesit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
    Last Seen
    05-04-13 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    820

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    I don't eat garbage from Denny's anyway. Pfffttt...

    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

    When you make your peace with authority, you become an authority.- Jim Morrison

  2. #282
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzidoesit View Post
    I don't eat garbage from Denny's anyway. Pfffttt...
    Village Inn is much better.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  3. #283
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    What I articulated has absolutely everything to do with your assertions made.
    I can go into the audience if you wish to keep arguing with your own fabrications.

    You label others barbaric for not supporting socialized healthcare as if somehow the architects of this plan actually care about you (or anyone else).
    Let's see, requiring life saving medical care means you don't care about people? How does that logically flow? If they didn't care about you, they'd let you die. You just argue that by requiring hospitals to not let people die, they actually don't care about people.

    How much do tickets to crazyville cost? You clearly paid for several.

    I offered a prime example of one of these architects not giving a rats ass about a fellow US citizen and ambassador yet it goes right over your head?
    No, you provided your own take on an issue that is far from clear and expected everyone to accept your notion of the story. Try again and with less fail.

    There is not one person in our state or federal government that gives a rats ass about you or you're healthcare.
    Yeah, that's why they enacted a law that prevents you from dying in the streets. Cuz they don't care about you at all.

    How exactly does the corollary of your argument make sense?

    If requiring lifesavings healthcare = not caring
    Then not requiring and letting you die = caring?

    Can you explain that to me?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #284
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    If you use that as a justification for government action then there is no limit to government power.
    Hospital ER is not government power. Government doesn't tell you how to do it. It merely says that you can't let people die in the streets.

    A supposedly 'benevolent despotism' is still despotism. In a free society, the responsibility for ones survival lies with the individual.
    Okay. In your world, if a driver is thrown from his car and loses his wallet with his insurance, he can now be denied life savings treatment for reasons entirely out of his control. Since the hospital no longer has to provide life saving healthcare and cannot find his insurance, they can now let him die in the street. Tell me how this is in any way fair to the guy who otherwise was responsible for his own survival.

    It's incredibly scary how some people are openly rejecting Reagan and put themselves on the right. Reagan explicitly argued a civil society does not let people die in the streets. Now we are seeing more and more people at least here openly advocated to let people die in the streets.

    Those who wish to help 'people dying in the streets' are free to do so. What they are not free to do is compel me to help that person.
    Do you work in a hospital ER?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #285
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    God, you are just full of whine. You should be able to guess what I want done about the problem which I hinted at earlier in the thread. I don't need to follow your rules of debate OC, and just so you know, if I want to discuss my plan I will and if I want to just blast your entitlement nonsense I will do that. Deal with it.
    Oh yes. I forgot. The whole "let them die in the streets homeless" argument again.

    I take you think Reagan was a snob who was wrong on everything then?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #286
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oh looky here, we have another one that like putting words in another's mouth.
    Words which were not said.
    Go figure, huh!
    Your inability to use your own logic is not my fault. You presented an argument. I used your logic against you. Now you are upset that your own logic was brought to its conclusion you don't like. Again, not my fault you failed to think through your own argument before you made it.

    Seems that very few people here ever took a basic logic or rhetoric class and also expect no one to actually look at the logic presented within their arguments. If you post an argument, expect to have it taken apart and used against you. Failure to think through what you presented is your fault and your fault alone. Don't go with the "putting words in my mouth" when the logic used came from your mouth. Take some responsibility for what you posted. Own your argument. Don't go complaining when it doesn't go your way. That just makes you look incredibly immature.

    No matter how you want to try and paint it, a contractual obligation for services rendered, which is what Tri-care is, is Capitalistic, and not Socialized Medicine.
    Want to tell me how healthcare run by the government where the doctors are government employees, procedures set by the government in facilities own by the government using equipment owned by the government is capitalistic?

    Or do you simply not understand what socialism is?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #287
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Moderator's Warning:
    Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours...[W:287/521]Some of you need to seriously tone it down. No more personal comments, stick to the topic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Oh yes. I forgot. The whole "let them die in the streets homeless" argument again.

    I take you think Reagan was a snob who was wrong on everything then?
    I don't care about Reagan. If you want to know what I think about your argument you can look at post #258 by Fletch and apply it to me.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Hospital ER is not government power. Government doesn't tell you how to do it. It merely says that you can't let people die in the streets.
    The government is compelling the ER to treat people. You might not realize it but that is telling people what to do just so someone else can use their service and labor.

  10. #290
    Educator Uzidoesit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
    Last Seen
    05-04-13 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    820

    Re: Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with co

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Village Inn is much better.
    Good as Cracker Barrel?

    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

    When you make your peace with authority, you become an authority.- Jim Morrison

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •