Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 125

Thread: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

  1. #11
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    188,034

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that's just class warfare nonsense on your side.

    Now, republicans, go to the table, without whining, and sure, as soon as you agree to these cuts in conjunction with the increases. Then you have the balanced approach and like legislators and not victims.
    many of us wonder why we should have tax increases on a small group rather than massive cuts first and then tax increases for everyone. After all its not the rich who voted for the out of control spending

    we all know what it is about-obama pandering to lots of voters

    its not about really doing anything other than pandering

    prove the government can spend wisely then get back to me

    but telling me only those of us who already pay far more taxes than any other group, that we should be the ONLY group to be taxed more is pretty much proof of dishonesty by Obama

  2. #12
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    many of us wonder why we should have tax increases on a small group rather than massive cuts first and then tax increases for everyone. After all its not the rich who voted for the out of control spending

    we all know what it is about-obama pandering to lots of voters

    its not about really doing anything other than pandering

    prove the government can spend wisely then get back to me

    but telling me only those of us who already pay far more taxes than any other group, that we should be the ONLY group to be taxed more is pretty much proof of dishonesty by Obama
    Your just whining, making excuses. Don't sit and whine while wondering. Get to the table.

    And frankly, yours has been going down for a long time. In another thread I link a study showing as your taxes went down we had less and less services with more and more disparity between rich and poor. We have been appeasing your side and it has failed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #13
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so the fact that the majority of people who make less than 50K a year voted for Obama and the majority of those of us who make more than 100K a year voted for Romney does not matter?

    true lots of extremely rich libertines, gays, Jews and others who typically support the dems for reasons other than taxes, voted for Obama

    but the majority of those wealthy despite the government did not
    Im just fuming about 8 of the 10 richest counties in the country going for him. Pay me no mind lol.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #14
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    188,034

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your just whining, making excuses. Don't sit and whine while wondering. Get to the table.

    And frankly, yours has been going down for a long time. In another thread I link a study showing as your taxes went down we had less and less services with more and more disparity between rich and poor. We have been appeasing your side and it has failed.
    You seem to operate under the belief that all money belongs to the government and taking less of those who already carry the load of millions of sloths, slackers, slugs and unproductive, is somehow appeasement

    we understand that there are more parasites than there are producers these days and we have a system that allows the unproductive to outvote those who actually do most of the heavy lifting. but pretending that gives the parasiter politicians some sort of moral high ground is specious BS

  5. #15
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    188,034

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Im just fuming about 8 of the 10 richest counties in the country going for him. Pay me no mind lol.
    you might examine the demongraphics of those counties

  6. #16
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you might examine the demongraphics of those counties
    Demongraphics lol
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,046

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Dang, he's damnned if he does and damned if he doesn't. That's what he ran on, surely the right would be whining if he would say he wasn't going to raise taxes on the rich. And, the middle-class are not getting a tax hike, so your snippy remark that he gets everything he wants before anyone gets anything else is just sour grapes.
    He ran on a balanced approach. And the middle class not getting a tax hike is what he wants. So, im 2/2.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,046

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that's just class warfare nonsense on your side.

    Now, republicans, go to the table, without whining, and sure, as soon as you agree to these cuts in conjunction with the increases. Then you have the balanced approach and like legislators and not victims.
    So you agree then. Obama is demanding to get what he wants first before he will even talk about anything else. Do you think thats compromise?

  9. #19
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You seem to operate under the belief that all money belongs to the government and taking less of those who already carry the load of millions of sloths, slackers, slugs and unproductive, is somehow appeasement

    we understand that there are more parasites than there are producers these days and we have a system that allows the unproductive to outvote those who actually do most of the heavy lifting. but pretending that gives the parasiter politicians some sort of moral high ground is specious BS
    What I think is that you're entire premise is flawed, and when the wealthy paid more taxes, we moved more from poverty to contributing members. You can name call with your class warfare, but the evidence on this fairly clear.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    So you agree then. Obama is demanding to get what he wants first before he will even talk about anything else. Do you think thats compromise?
    No. By the he said this he had already call republicans to the table. Laying your opening bid is not demanding you get yours before anything else. Republicans hold some power. Step up yo the table and begin negotiations.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •