Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 125

Thread: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

  1. #111
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    [QUOTE=Grant;1061172591]

    Really? You think the $16,000,000,000,000 debt will somehow be paid plus the $60,000,000,000,000 necessary for future obligations will be met? Where will this money come from?


    No doubt, and that's not being denied. When George Bush raised the debt his popularity shrunk to the 20's. That should have been the same with Obama.


    How so? The private sector is struggling or leaving the country. It's the bureaucracy, public employees, and the politicians who are doing well.



    Who is doing that? But with Obama we have a dismal record and the majority of Americans voted for the same dismal record and more of the same, and this time Obama need not fear of re-election. He will indeed be "more flexible", both domestically as well as with his foreign policies.
    Owing a lot of money is not demise. And you can't pay it back faster either. So, you stop the bleeding and start paying down like anyone would do. You do this by raising taxes and cutting spending.

    Now, th peri ate sector bet on failure and therefore helped create the mess. They did this world wide and are responsible for problems here and abroad. As for leaving, you can appease them enough to stay, not really. Sure, we can eliminate all taxes for them, but they'll still leave. We need to work for pennies. So, you may praise their bottomland as they leave, but they hurt the country and contribute to problems we face.

    Presidents don't control this. What influence they have is minimal. So to be whining about the record as if he did, is, as I said is ignorant or wildly partisan.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You did use the quote system this time and still managed to put up a response completely unrelated to what it said. You're hopeless.
    It's completely appropriated response. You wrongly attach blame where it isn't singularly held.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #113
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Sucks for you. We libs have been on the losing end of the "compromise" stick for the last four years where the GOP was the party of "No Compromise" and record breaking numbers of filibusters to show it. And because of that, you guys lost.

    Elections have consequences.
    -chuckles- do all elections have consequences ??? because I remember the 2010 elections, where Republicans gained like never before in history in the house, but I guess that doesn't count huh ??

  4. #114
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,090

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    -chuckles- do all elections have consequences ??? because I remember the 2010 elections, where Republicans gained like never before in history in the house, but I guess that doesn't count huh ??
    Yep... and on top of elections, actions have consequences. Which is reflected in the GOP's popularity as of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #115
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Yep... and on top of elections, actions have consequences. Which is reflected in the GOP's popularity as of late.
    When do progressives start taking responsibility for their actions instead of blaming the result on their political opponent?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #116
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,090

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    When do progressives start taking responsibility for their actions instead of blaming the result on their political opponent?
    how in the world did you get out of my comment that progress dont' take responsibility for their actions or were you just having a non sequitur moment to complain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #117
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    how in the world did you get out of my comment that progress dont' take responsibility for their actions or were you just having a non sequitur moment to complain?

    Good grief Rob, it is one post up...I thought I'd never say this, but go back and re read your own post, then come back.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #118
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,090

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Good grief Rob, it is one post up...I thought I'd never say this, but go back and re read your own post, then come back.
    HOw are progressives responsible for the GOP's bad nosediving popularity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #119
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    HOw are progressives responsible for the GOP's bad nosediving popularity?
    Well, maybe not totally responsible, repubs like any other group in DC are notorious for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. But, if you are honest you will acknowledge that most Americaan's are not as "plugged in" to politics as we are in here, and that taking that into account, most of their opinion is generated from what they hear on very short time periods of outlets like the major three network news, or Cable outlets like MSNBC, CNN, or even FNS. Taking that into account the tend to form uninformed opinions, and are led, rather than formulate their own beliefs. As such, we also know, that right wing media (if you want to call it that) includes much of talk radio, and FoxNews, where as liberal, or progressive media includes, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, NPR, PBS, PacificaRadio, some elements of XM/Sirius, TalkRadio network, and a majority of existing news papers like the NYTimes, WaPo, HuffPo, Time, Newsweek (now online only), the Atlantic, and the list goes on. FoxNews, and its brethren in the radio, and some print news, are simply no match for the 'mediamatters' driven radical dishonest left today, and as a result are simply being out matched in getting their message out, as well as dispelling the lies put forth, and repeated in the liberal progressive echo chamber of the afore mentioned.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #120
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,090

    Re: Focus on Petraeus and Taxes as Obama Faces Reporters

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, maybe not totally responsible, repubs like any other group in DC are notorious for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. But, if you are honest you will acknowledge that most Americaan's are not as "plugged in" to politics as we are in here, and that taking that into account, most of their opinion is generated from what they hear on very short time periods of outlets like the major three network news, or Cable outlets like MSNBC, CNN, or even FNS. Taking that into account the tend to form uninformed opinions, and are led, rather than formulate their own beliefs. As such, we also know, that right wing media (if you want to call it that) includes much of talk radio, and FoxNews, where as liberal, or progressive media includes, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, NPR, PBS, PacificaRadio, some elements of XM/Sirius, TalkRadio network, and a majority of existing news papers like the NYTimes, WaPo, HuffPo, Time, Newsweek (now online only), the Atlantic, and the list goes on. FoxNews, and its brethren in the radio, and some print news, are simply no match for the 'mediamatters' driven radical dishonest left today, and as a result are simply being out matched in getting their message out, as well as dispelling the lies put forth, and repeated in the liberal progressive echo chamber of the afore mentioned.
    Conservative media isn't as thin as you'd think.

    90% of talk radio is conservative. WSJ, NY Post, Washington Times... Boatloads of others just by News Corp alone.

    The other think I'll note is the fallacy of your argument that if it isn't conservative then it IS liberal. It's not. CNN is not. ABC, CBS and NBC broadcast are not. CNBC is not. MSNBC and HuffPo yes. NPR has been accused but is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •