Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 106 of 106

Thread: U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    THE FRIGGIN PROGRAM I PROPOSED IS VOLUNTARY!!!!!!! How do you not get this man? It is a hypothetical situation where Oil Company A goes to the US Gov't and says, "Hey, if you grant us a permit, we'll only sell to US customers. There are no other stipulations. You cannot regulate us more or less. The permit is the same permit you've been giving out yearly. However, we realize that you are not giving out permits for NEW refineries so this is our attempt at persuading you to do so." Then one of two responses from the US gov't occurs. Response 1 is "Yes, we will grant you the permit." or Response 2 is "No, we will not grant you the permit." In the case of response 1, Oil Company A begins refining oil and selling it to the largest oil market in the world under their own volition. In the case of response 2, Oil Company A says, "Fine, screw you, I'll take my business elsewhere." and carries on with their day. At no point does the US Gov't mandate anything, regulate anything more than they already do, or make a private company do anything that they don't want to do. It is initiated by the PRIVATE company. It is carried out by the PRIVATE company. And at no point does the US Gov't step in and say "Hey, we own this now." I can't believe I even had to go into this much detail about a hypothetical proposal that everyone else in the thread seemed to understand but somehow you didn't. Now, I have a prediction. You will continue to argue this point, even though you will now realize that there is nothing big gov't about what I said. Why? Because like most users on this website you won't cede a point after you've been smarmy.
    Jeez man - settle down.

    I said what I said based on what you said before and I stand behind it.

    What you propose sounds like big government to me (or too big for my taste).

    Now this is gone WAY past the point of me caring.

    You wanna think your idea is free enterprise - go ahead.

    Take a wild guess if I really care very much?


    Have a good day.
    Last edited by DA60; 11-14-12 at 01:38 AM.

  2. #102
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years

    I think this is great news and something both sides need to get behind. Natural gas is already super cheap. Lets get all our oil here, and make a target of finding better renewable sources of all kinds to reduce our dependency within the next 50 years while at them same time come up with more energy efficient technologies here in America.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #103
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Jeez man - settle down.

    I said what I said based on what you said before and I stand behind it.

    What you propose sounds like big government to me (or too big for my taste).

    Now this is gone WAY past the point of me caring.

    You wanna think your idea is free enterprise - go ahead.

    Take a wild guess if I really care very much?


    Have a good day.
    Wow, you surprised me. Instead of flaming me, you exit the thread with the "I don't care enough about this" excuse even though you cared enough to debate the point up to this juncture. You can stand by your point all you want but your point is null and void due to the fact that the gov't dictates nothing in my proposal. Everything is initiated by a private company within the confines of the current regulatory environs. The private company is choosing to restrict itself in an effort to persuade the US gov't to grant them a permit. Sounds like venture capitalism to me. You have a good day too.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Wow, you surprised me. Instead of flaming me, you exit the thread with the "I don't care enough about this" excuse even though you cared enough to debate the point up to this juncture. You can stand by your point all you want but your point is null and void due to the fact that the gov't dictates nothing in my proposal. Everything is initiated by a private company within the confines of the current regulatory environs. The private company is choosing to restrict itself in an effort to persuade the US gov't to grant them a permit. Sounds like venture capitalism to me. You have a good day too.
    Oh Jeez....if you wish to think that if a government gave a permit to a private company ONLY if that company agrees not to sell it's product to any other country (no matter how friendly) is not a form of big government? GO ahead.

    I mean think. It does not matter who makes the offer. The company is ONLY making the offer because they think it is the only way they can get a permit.

    That is the government restricting business in a field and only allowing new business in it so long as the private companies conform to their INCREDIBLY strict rules.

    THAT IS BIG GOVERNMENT.

    You don't agree?

    WHATEVER.

    This is the last response to you on this from me...I have things I would rather do.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 11-14-12 at 02:41 AM.

  5. #105
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years

    Is it any wonder that the golden era of prosperity in the USA was the 1950s? An era where the top tax rate was 92%. The top 400 income earners brought home about 13 million dollars each per year and paid about 52% tax on their income.

    Today the top 400 income earners in the USA take home over 300 million dollars per year each and pay only 18% tax on their income.

    Yes ladies and gentlemen - the fascist corporate US regime has pummelled its citizenry into thinking they are free and living in a democracy

    And now they believe that the trend in this graph is an illusion

    peak-oil-us-production-and-consumption2.jpg

  6. #106
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Oh Jeez....if you wish to think that if a government gave a permit to a private company ONLY if that company agrees not to sell it's product to any other country (no matter how friendly) is not a form of big government? GO ahead.

    I mean think. It does not matter who makes the offer. The company is ONLY making the offer because they think it is the only way they can get a permit.

    That is the government restricting business in a field and only allowing new business in it so long as the private companies conform to their INCREDIBLY strict rules.

    THAT IS BIG GOVERNMENT.

    You don't agree?

    WHATEVER.

    This is the last response to you on this from me...I have things I would rather do.


    Have a nice day.
    So your proposal is that no company should make an effort to refine more oil because getting a permit is big gov't. Got it. That makes sense.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •