Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 119

Thread: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,013

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

    Read more @: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires - Salon.com

    Holy ****! Are some conservatives actually opening their eyes? Are they finally banking away from this "no taxes on the rich" bull****? Are they finally gonna sacrifice the interests of the richest of the rich for the rest of the American public?
    More like they are going to sacrifice their own beliefs to win elections. However, he is essentially right on the point that this wont hurt the rich. They will change their behavior to avoid new taxes, like they always do. Where YOU are wrong is that this will somehow help the rest of the American public.

  2. #42
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,492

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    The current tax code isn't designed for the rich, the middle class, the poor for some better means of redistribution. It's designed to maintain control over the citizens and empower government.

  3. #43
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    The current tax code isn't designed for the rich, the middle class, the poor for some better means of redistribution. It's designed to maintain control over the citizens and empower government.
    The rich benefit the most from the tax code...by code that allows total avoidance of tax responsibility

  4. #44
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,492

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    The rich benefit the most from the tax code...by code that allows total avoidance of tax responsibility
    I know who it benefits. But the fundamental design of the tax code is to empower government over all taxpayer levels. The tax rates are a mind****, if you will, because the privileges for each class are laid out inside the deductions and loopholes.

    If the tax code was extremely simplified, it was substantially reduce government's power to manipulate the citizens and special interests would be extremely disadvantaged.

  5. #45
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I know who it benefits. But the fundamental design of the tax code is to empower government over all taxpayer levels. The tax rates are a mind****, if you will, because the privileges for each class are laid out inside the deductions and loopholes.

    If the tax code was extremely simplified, it was substantially reduce government's power to manipulate the citizens and special interests would be extremely disadvantaged.
    You will get NO argument from me that an extremely reduced and condensced tax code would be a huge benefit. Where the argument comes in is the proponents of the simplified tax code real agenda is for the again the RICH to pay far far less and the middleclass to pay far far more...because the people with NOTHING dont pay in this tax code and they wont pay in a more simplified tax code...you cannot get blood from a stone...so when the rich want to pay "LESS" that just means they want to take out "MORE" than they already have out of the working mans posterior

  6. #46
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,527

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    make everyone pay an effective rate of 15%

    big government will become far less popular
    With a government consuming 21% of the GDP, a flat tax of 15% would require some serious spending cuts as well.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,013

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    The rich benefit the most from the tax code...by code that allows total avoidance of tax responsibility
    Then how do they account for most of the income taxes?

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,013

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    With a government consuming 21% of the GDP, a flat tax of 15% would require some serious spending cuts as well.
    Not neccesarily. That 15% flat tax could still equate to more than 15% of GDP. And is that in addition to or a replacement for OASID taxes?

    ie, total adjusted gross income for all filers is 7.5 trillion. 15% of that is 1.1 trillion. Right now the govt collects 860bn. So just on that, the govt is collect more taxes. Once you add in SS and medicare taxes...
    Last edited by jonny5; 11-13-12 at 11:29 AM.

  9. #49
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Then how do they account for most of the income taxes?
    When 400 americans have more wealth and earn or steal more than 200,000,000 americans if they have flatulence they will pay more...but more isnt their fair share

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,013

    Re: Bill Kristol: “It won’t kill the country” to raise taxes on millionaires

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    When 400 americans have more wealth and earn or steal more than 200,000,000 americans if they have flatulence they will pay more...but more isnt their fair share
    Thats not what you said. You said 'total avoidance of tax responsibility'. The richest 1% pay 40% of income tax. How is that total avoidance?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •