Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 448

Thread: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

  1. #61
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

    That doesn't answer the concerned question though. Do you pay for your insurance as a component of a fair and equitable compensation package or was your employer "forced" to pay for it?

  2. #62
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Problem is the republican party has lost its way... and it appears to me that they would rather tank the economy and blame Obama than go to work. Every Tom, Dick and Dodo is making excuses for his business decisions...

    Except Christie and he pulled off a hell of a deal with panasonic in Newark.
    LOL for the peanut gallery. Because minorities came out and supported the minority face over the white face does not mean that the GOP lost its way. It just means more people wanted their Obamaphone than wanted to takeaway their Obamaphone. Serious candidates do not come out and challenge the sitting POTUS because the task is daunting under the best of circumstances. Good Luck getting the minorities to come out for your next lily white democratic nominee.

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    No Papa John's is a political sham of a statement. He has already said 14 cents and now after the LOSS of Willard he doubles down on the mean petty spirit by reducing hours. Adding 14 cents per pie vs hurting his employees across the board.

    he is an example of how bitchy some millionaires can be. he is to the policies of the current President as Joe the Plumber was in the first election. Speaking of Joe, what happened to him?

    Only a few on the radical right he guys like this pizza man as beleaguered or downtrodden.
    It's called a profit margin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Problem is the republican party has lost its way... and it appears to me that they would rather tank the economy and blame Obama than go to work. Every Tom, Dick and Dodo is making excuses for his business decisions...

    Except Christie and he pulled off a hell of a deal with panasonic in Newark.
    Not even a week since the election and Obama's cover story is already being written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    LOL for the peanut gallery. Because minorities came out and supported the minority face over the white face does not mean that the GOP lost its way. It just means more people wanted their Obamaphone than wanted to takeaway their Obamaphone. Serious candidates do not come out and challenge the sitting POTUS because the task is daunting under the best of circumstances. Good Luck getting the minorities to come out for your next lily white democratic nominee.
    You probably aren't aware the many of these "deadbeats" are seniors and veterans... of all colors.

  6. #66
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Maybe Conservatives should all go and buy Papa John's pizzas to support this brave man for standing up to evil Libbos. Like they did for Chick-fil-A.

    FYI, Papa John's are franchises. So those are all independent businesses regardless of what the CEO says.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #67
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,373

    Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Balls View Post
    He was able to offer a million free pizzas because it was a promotional tax write off. Just like most companies get a tax write off for airing commercials.
    Prove it. Where in the tax code is this a deductible business expense?
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  8. #68
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    Reddit's in a tizzy over this. People don't realize that when you impose extra costs on employers they will pass those costs on, either raising prices or cutting workers and pay. It's not hard to figure out. If you really want Papa John's employees to have health insurance, don't create a system that so strongly encourages employers to control healthcare. All the system is good for is driving up costs and creating these stupid news controversies. I don't really care that much, though. Never been a fan of Papa John's.
    I'd agree with that, except that the solution shouldn't be making healthcare a privilege.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    He ups his price by 14 cents and voila he has restored the sacred profit margin. Hell do some 'new and improved' BS and raise the price 24 cents.

    This isn't about a profit margin, this is about a wealthy man hurting his employees to make a spiteful political statement.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Maybe Conservatives should all go and buy Papa John's pizzas to support this brave man for standing up to evil Libbos. Like they did for Chick-fil-A.

    FYI, Papa John's are franchises. So those are all independent businesses regardless of what the CEO says.
    I would do just that but ours is in the "liberal" part of town and I would hate to get mugged by them twice in the same week.

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •