Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 448

Thread: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

  1. #41
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Why can't people just do what the President wants of them? What good is it if you are the most powerful person in the world and yet people have the right to oppose you. Something must be done to fix this injustice. When someone wants to do what is right for the country, then opposition should stop and everyone should get with the pogram.
    Who decides what's right for the nation?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #42
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    So I wasn't sure if Zimmer was getting his opinions fed to him by Limbaugh until he threw in the Parasite Claus bit. Zimmer how should anyone take you seriously when you have no opinion of your own? What the **** would you do if you quit listening to the radio and watching tv? Gasp! Maybe you would form an honest opinion that looks at all people as people of the greatest nation on Earth and not some retard catchphrase.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #43
    User MAcc2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-27-12 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Every day since Obama was re-elected, I've read more and more deranged comments by those who supported the white guy in this last election.
    Thanks for race baiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Often the words I read sound like someone could use professional mental counselling . . . A President who has failed to take away guns from Americans,
    It wasn't for lack of wanting to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    a President who has been more successful in leading the "War on Terror",
    Agreed. Keeping gitmo open, extending and expanding the Patriot Act, using drones to kill terrorists and innocents alike, adding participation in conflicts in other middle east and african nations. This peace prize nobel laureate president is really taking it to them. I'd like to thank the mainstream media for not discussing these facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    a President who has saved large corporations from going under,
    What corporations? Do you think Obama saved GM? GM didn't need a bailout to file chapter 11 bankruptcy, which would have had the same result except the secured lenders wouldn't have been screwed to benefit the overpaid union.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    a President who has not forced the IRS into churches that preach against him,
    But this President is forcing churches to pay for things that are contrary to their belief system. I imagine most churches would prefer to lose their tax status than to be forced to murder babies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    a President who has attempted to compromise with the most obstinate Congress in history
    You mean the Congress that was lead by the democrats in both the house and the senate for the first two years of Obama's presidency? If Obama hadn't wasted his first two years cramming Obama care down our throats he may have been able to get other agenda items done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    -- yet some continue to rant and rave about the Marxist secret Muslim living in the White House -- it ain't rational folks.

    Step back, take a breath or two, and THINK (you are required to use facts)
    He is a marxist. Every policy he implements is from a marxist playbook. In fact, he admits in his book that he chose to be close to marxist professors. Those are his own words. It aint rational that you are so ignorant of your marxist president.

    Obama quotes from Dreams From My Father

  4. #44
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Jet... you rarely have anything worth debating to say.
    Well than I guess that makes two of us now doesn't it.

    You throw out barbs... which OK..is fun, but you add almost nothing to the debate.
    That's because in your threads or with pretty much anything you say, there's nothing to debate.

    Your views are based on a fictional universe that exists only within your own mind, you don't live in reality you live in a partisan fantasy universe where the Dunning-Kruger Effect is in full swing with you.

    Politically you are utterly incompetent.

    How about engaging your brain and engaging in debate?
    No how about you do that.

    For years I have read your tripe on this forum that has almost 9/10 been devoid of any factual relevancy related to our living universe.

  5. #45
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    So giving people insurance makes people parasites? I think you don't understand what the definition of parasite is. Am I a parasite because I get insurance at my 40-60 hour week job? Does that ten hours really make people parasites?
    'Giving' people is one thing. Being forced to provide for someone else is entirely different. And unless you are paying for your insurance as a component of a benefits package (part of your mutually agreed to equitable compensation) then yes...you are being a parasite...if you are draining others resources against their will. If so, then you are not. Shocking you dont understand that.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    'Papa John' just has sand in his mangina. First he says it will costs another 14 cents per pizza to provide healthcare and now he is going to take cover under part-time labor.

    He will have to hire more people to cover the dropped hours so I guess that helps Obama on the employment front...

    14 cents more per pizza vs hurting his employees by cutting their hours much less denying them healthcare coverage.

    Spiteful bastard he is, guess that is how you make it in the business world- petty, spiteful, willing to hurt those who work for you to make a political statement...

    Romnifigant!

  7. #47
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    What if I'm a Papa John's employee and I voted for Romney but since Obama won I'm getting health insurance anyway, am I still a parasite?
    If you suck and drain away resources you dont pay for then yes...regardless of who you voted for, then you are.

    On the plus side...all those that are upset with Johns comments...take comfort in knowing that YOU TOO can bust your ass, build a successful business...and then of your own free will share equally with whoever you want and not have to be forced into anything. In fact...I cant WAIT for all the so very outraged people that are angry at capitalist businessmen to finally step the **** up and start creating all those jobs the country needs. Especially since...you know...they 'know' so much better about how to make it work. Get crackin, folks...theirs people with their hands out waitin for you!

  8. #48
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,419
    Blog Entries
    12

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    petty, spiteful, willing to hurt those who work for you to make a political statement...
    Tell that to all the people who have small businesses that will let people go and will not hire because of the increased costs.

    Are they spiteful, hurtful, and making a political statement? Papa John's is just a metaphor for what will happen across the country.

    Elections have consequences, and Obama's Parasite Nation is not something that inspires confidence or motivation to bust your ass... WHY?

    Because you didn't build that... and because you didn't, it's not your money. That's the message.

    WELCOME TO PARASITE NATION... WHERE WE SPREAD THE WEALTH AROUND.
    You have no other choice. I (Obama and the Socialists of Amerika Party (SAPs) are the deciders.
    You sit down, shut up and do as we say.
    Last edited by zimmer; 11-11-12 at 12:57 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    If you suck and drain away resources you dont pay for then yes...regardless of who you voted for, then you are.

    On the plus side...all those that are upset with Johns comments...take comfort in knowing that YOU TOO can bust your ass, build a successful business...and then of your own free will share equally with whoever you want and not have to be forced into anything. In fact...I cant WAIT for all the so very outraged people that are angry at capitalist businessmen to finally step the **** up and start creating all those jobs the country needs. Especially since...you know...they 'know' so much better about how to make it work. Get crackin, folks...theirs people with their hands out waitin for you!
    Wait so you're just going to exclude me and say I'm whats wrong with America when I'm just trying to make enough to get by working at Papa Johns and the government happened to give me something I didnt' want?

  10. #50
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    When I see the left start actually trying to put limits on public benefits or enacting policies that will kick deadbeats off welfare instead of opposing it, then I will believe they are serious. Otherwise, I think they are just buying votes.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •