Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 448

Thread: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

  1. #411
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    Its the "We the People are stupid" thing.

    It is in no way possible that having extra hands in the cookie jar is more cost effective...only in Liberal land is that possible.

    By your post, are you insinuating that the people of Nebraska dont know whats good for the people of Nebraska....but some stuffed shirt in Washington behind a desk does?
    It's not a cookie jar. It is effectively handling large problems. And no, no one is insulting Nebraska. On the whole, most likely understand this. You called everyone stupid, not me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You're right, the Federal government powers are in Article 1 Section 8 All other powers are unconstitutional at the Federal level, and left to the States, see 10th Amendment.
    Getting into the meat now?

    Don't bother, they just do as they're told to do....

  3. #413
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's not a cookie jar. It is effectively handling large problems. And no, no one is insulting Nebraska. On the whole, most likely understand this. You called everyone stupid, not me.
    It is a cookie jar...unfortunately that is exactly what it has become. You can use the euphemism - Its the trough to feed the pigs....either way the same thing, there is no effectiveness in it at all.

    The majority of people are stupid and it is a direct result of their ignorance.

    I used Nebraska as an example, you can place any states name in there as you wish...my intent was that you believe the states dont know what they need and what is in their own best interest but some stuffed shirt pencil pusher in Washington does.

    One size fits all laws and regulations do not work, whats good for the people in some areas is detrimental to the people in other areas.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  4. #414
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Getting into the meat now?

    Don't bother, they just do as they're told to do....
    Oh, I know. But it really is just that simple. Only in times of constitution destroying power grabs do meanings of plain language get changed under the false premise, and guise of "general welfare."

    When a politician says "I'm from the govt and I'm here to help." RUN
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #415
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    It is a cookie jar...unfortunately that is exactly what it has become. You can use the euphemism - Its the trough to feed the pigs....either way the same thing, there is no effectiveness in it at all.

    The majority of people are stupid and it is a direct result of their ignorance.

    I used Nebraska as an example, you can place any states name in there as you wish...my intent was that you believe the states dont know what they need and what is in their own best interest but some stuffed shirt pencil pusher in Washington does.

    One size fits all laws and regulations do not work, whats good for the people in some areas is detrimental to the people in other areas.
    Not hardly. The feeding going on is they money politicians take from special interests, usually big business. Hard to make a line between helping people and getting rich. And a government that makes money when they work with business, usually preventing safety regulations. I've always thought many completely miss with the regulations argument.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #416
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not hardly. The feeding going on is they money politicians take from special interests, usually big business. Hard to make a line between helping people and getting rich. And a government that makes money when they work with business, usually preventing safety regulations. I've always thought many completely miss with the regulations argument.

    Yes, because that would truly make us free right, unelected agency, after unelected agency all bypassing congress to impose through regulation what the President could never get passed into law....Although I am sure the proclivity in advocation of this could, and would be changed completely 180 degrees should one little letter behind the name be different.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #417
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, because that would truly make us free right, unelected agency, after unelected agency all bypassing congress to impose through regulation what the President could never get passed into law....Although I am sure the proclivity in advocation of this could, and would be changed completely 180 degrees should one little letter behind the name be different.
    congress doesn't and shouldn't pass every regulation. And frankly, not everything needs to be voted on. The question your side never tackles that I've ever seen is which regulation is not need and why?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #418
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    congress doesn't and shouldn't pass every regulation. And frankly, not everything needs to be voted on. The question your side never tackles that I've ever seen is which regulation is not need and why?
    Because it is an impossible task for someone like myself to pour through every regulation. Liberals like you know this so instead of debating the issue on the macro honestly, you chose to use this particular less honest approach....

    Suppose I said to you that the entire regulation system in the US needs to be totally scrapped and started over, then said to you, list those which you think we should keep.

    What would you say?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #419
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Because it is an impossible task for someone like myself to pour through every regulation. Liberals like you know this so instead of debating the issue on the macro honestly, you chose to use this particular less honest approach....

    Suppose I said to you that the entire regulation system in the US needs to be totally scrapped and started over, then said to you, list those which you think we should keep.

    What would you say?
    If its a task you can't do, how do you even know they are not needed. Remember, you're the one making a claim. If you said it needed to be scraped, you haven to s how why. And that is essentially what you have been doing concerning regulations. You say they are bad, but have nothing on Vichy ones and why.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #420
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If its a task you can't do, how do you even know they are not needed. Remember, you're the one making a claim. If you said it needed to be scraped, you haven to s how why. And that is essentially what you have been doing concerning regulations. You say they are bad, but have nothing on Vichy ones and why.

    So you wouldn't answer....Noted.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •