Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 448

Thread: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

  1. #401
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    I believe that they were singing from that same hymnal when medicare was introduced.funny...the world hasn't collapsed so far.
    And rightfully so, Medicare is holding trillions of debt liability, now how they say it "the chickens are coming home to roost".
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #402
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, the powers are split. The articles of confederation failed, and we had to give the federal government more power, and that's not to mention over 200 years of history since then.

    You're right, the Federal government powers are in Article 1 Section 8 All other powers are unconstitutional at the Federal level, and left to the States, see 10th Amendment.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #403
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    And rightfully so, Medicare is holding trillions of debt liability, now how they say it "the chickens are coming home to roost".
    We could make medicare much more efficient by expanding its base,from the elderly and disabled-which it manages to care for MUCH more efficiently than for profit healthcare.

    HOW you say? Simple,scrap Obama care and provide medicare for all. Best of both worlds. infuse medicare with a younger and not disabled base,provides affordable healthcare to all of the citizens of this country.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #404
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    because hey, they can offer a million free pizzas for a promotion and the CEO has a ****ing moat around his mansion but he'll be godddamned if he has to help his employees out.

    When I read nonsense like this, I can't help bt think how much it shows how desperately poor the american education system is in teaching basic logic/common sense.

    Promotions are for increasing revenue, not decreasing it. He's helping his employees out by employing them and by not going bankrupt so they can continue to be gainfully employed. You got 10 likes for a post that translates to "rich person = bad person".

  5. #405
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, the powers are split. The articles of confederation failed, and we had to give the federal government more power, and that's not to mention over 200 years of history since then.
    Completely disagree....read the Constitution...those powers given to the Fed are clearly defined...and very limited
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  6. #406
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    Completely disagree....read the Constitution...those powers given to the Fed are clearly defined...and very limited
    If it were as simple as you think, it would be happening.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #407
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If it were as simple as you think, it would be happening.
    No it wouldnt....and there are several reasons for it;

    The people are too stupid to know better and they are too busy standing around with their hand out and really dont care who fills it....and will vote according to who fills it faster.
    The Fed (both Dems & Repubs) are too hungry for power to care
    The Feds (both Dems & Repubs) ignore the 10th Amendment continuously

    There are more but those are the biggies
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    When I read nonsense like this, I can't help bt think how much it shows how desperately poor the american education system is in teaching basic logic/common sense.

    Promotions are for increasing revenue, not decreasing it. He's helping his employees out by employing them and by not going bankrupt so they can continue to be gainfully employed. You got 10 likes for a post that translates to "rich person = bad person".
    Ok, that sounds great, but let us explore the reality of all of this rather than turn off our brains. I would have to imaginme someone at Poppa johns figured out the cost to make a pizza would go up 14 cents to provide employees health care. let us think about this. prices go up all the time, and people generally accept it. Let us say without saying anything they decide to raise each pizza by 1 dollar. Most of us are not anal enough to even notice such a shift. So, if they did this they could pay for their employees health care, be the good guys, and make .86 cents more per pizza. Everyone is happy, and if they need to they can always put on some of these promotions to boost sales, as you claim they can afford. So really had they just raised prices they would be making more, doing the right thing by their employees, and people would still be buying their pizzas.

    instead the Owner had a spoiled little brat hissy fit and said FU to all of his employees and made a national issue about all of this when he could have been a businessman and made more money. The only reason for him not to boost prices was because he was a spoiled little snot. Had he even raised his prices a quarter he would have still made money, and still no one would have noticed. On top of all of this the prissy little snot tried to promote a big FU to his employees by telling people to support him by buying his pizzas and crapping all over the people who make them. I don't know about you, but i don't consider scat and spit to be special ingredients in my pizza and i sure as hell am not going to piss on his employees for him. Had he just raised his prices and made his employees happy and himself some more money i would not have even noticed. When was the last time you said if only that pizza was one dollar less i would have bought one?

    Anyway, screw poppa johns and their crappy pizza. Sorry poppa i actually came from NY and that is not pizza. I will go to the places that quietly raise their prices a dollar and pay the extra.

  9. #409
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    No it wouldnt....and there are several reasons for it;

    The people are too stupid to know better and they are too busy standing around with their hand out and really dont care who fills it....and will vote according to who fills it faster.
    The Fed (both Dems & Repubs) are too hungry for power to care
    The Feds (both Dems & Repubs) ignore the 10th Amendment continuously

    There are more but those are the biggies
    More than that.

    States can't handle bigger issues. It truly is more cost effective to have something like FEMA than to have states handling their own disasters (and the same argument can be made with healthcare). In nearly every case from education to healthcare to the environmental concerns most movements have been voter driven. Voters wanting change. Problems states didn't handle well, and voters seeking greater change (that 200 years of history).

    It's a we the people thing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #410
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    More than that.

    States can't handle bigger issues. It truly is more cost effective to have something like FEMA than to have states handling their own disasters (and the same argument can be made with healthcare). In nearly every case from education to healthcare to the environmental concerns most movements have been voter driven. Voters wanting change. Problems states didn't handle well, and voters seeking greater change (that 200 years of history).

    It's a we the people thing.
    Its the "We the People are stupid" thing.

    It is in no way possible that having extra hands in the cookie jar is more cost effective...only in Liberal land is that possible.

    By your post, are you insinuating that the people of Nebraska dont know whats good for the people of Nebraska....but some stuffed shirt in Washington behind a desk does?
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •