Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 448

Thread: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

  1. #381
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You're wrong on all counts and aside from that, it would be more exciting and real to hold a debate with the common dirt than with you.
    Not only is he full of crap, but in fact Target is one of the few companies that actually offers health insurance coverage to part time employees.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #382
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Not only is he full of crap, but in fact Target is one of the few companies that actually offers health insurance coverage to part time employees.
    Can you link to anything from a Target official indicating this? I've found some information to the contrary. The only information I can really locate stating that they do offer PT health benefits, is a couple of articles listing a few companies that provide PT benefits. But they don't really talk about what those benefits are... For example, is it real health insurance or just a FSA? Can someone working PT and making $8.00 an hour afford the premium of the health insurance? If not, is that really offering health care insurance?

    Both companies offer health care insurance to employees, but Target’s is considered more restrictive. Two years ago, Target dropped health care insurance coverage for all part-time workers. By contrast, Wal-Mart makes its medical plan available to all workers, full- and part-time.”
    Target vs. Walmart

    Target is committed to providing affordable, quality health care coverage to team members and their families. Team members — from executives to hourly team members — can access the same comprehensive health plan options. Eligibility is based on average hours worked, length of service and position.

    Additionally, Target offers a Flexible Spending Account for health care, which allows team members to save a portion of their paycheck in a tax-free account to use for eligible health care expenses.
    https://corporate.target.com/careers...ealth-benefits

    Edit:
    Finalyl found some information:

    The St. Paul union office estimates that Target's hourly employees typically make around $6.75 to $7.25 and that less than half the company's workers are covered by its health insurance plan.

    Said Hess, "Two years ago Target started to feel the increasing cost of healthcare coverage. So it raised the threshold for minimum number of hours that have to be worked to between 24 to 28 from 20 hours a week in order to qualify for healthcare coverage."
    Which begs the question, how many of their employees actually get the 24-28 hours? As less than half are covered by insurance, I suspect not many.
    Last edited by buck; 11-26-12 at 11:18 AM.

  3. #383
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Which begs the question, how many of their employees actually get the 24-28 hours? As less than half are covered by insurance, I suspect not many.
    Not sure how many, but I could well be that many choose not to participate because I'm sure there must be some employee contribution required and ... these are part timers making minimum wage or close to it.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #384
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Not sure how many, but I could well be that many choose not to participate because I'm sure there must be some employee contribution required and ... these are part timers making minimum wage or close to it.
    So, it's really just an empty gesture. I'm more then happy to offer health insurance to people that can't afford it - so won't buy it. I'd also keep them under minimum hours. My wife works at a union retail store. They qualify for family coverage if they work an average of 32 hours / week. Guess how many of the part time employees they schedule for 32 hours per week. That's right. none.

  5. #385
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    Im late on this but according to CNN the cost increase per pizza would have been 15 cents. Thats a real deall breaker for a guy with a private lake and golf course. Hes just playing the game cause hes a sore looser.

    WAHHH I didn't get my way. I'll show you boy.
    Do the math. .15 per pizza, let's say a location does 1,000 a day average, that's 150 a day, 1050 a week, 5250 a month, 63000 per location. Let's just go ahead and assume a static number, don't know exactly how many Poppa Johns locations there are but let's go with 100 stores, that's 6 million, 3 hundred thousand, and zero dollars additional cost per year at "just 15 cents per pizza" ADDITIONAL COST due to the law.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #386
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You're wrong on all counts and aside from that, it would be more exciting and real to hold a debate with the common dirt than with you.
    Im wrong? Really?

    So when all these companies themselves state they are cutting hours and cutting jobs so they dont have to pay health care insurance for workers....they are lying too? Target, Papa John's etc...
    So when the HSA account we have is no longer good because it isnt a governmental approved policy...they are lying too?
    So when Obama and the proponents of the HC bill stated it wasnt a tax, argued in front of court after court that it wasnt a tax...then they argued to the SCOTUS that indeed it was a tax....Im lying about that too?


    Please enlighten me as to what portion I am wrong about.

    And the comment common dirt? Interesting... that's the same term your old lady uses to describe your love making skills....actually I believe her exact words were "I could hump common dirt and have more sexual gratification" But then again, it was hard to understand her, her voice was muffled...she was speaking with her mouth full.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  7. #387
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,773
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]Let's leave the personal attacks out of the discussions. Stick to the topic and cease with the baiting and flaming.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  8. #388
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]Let's leave the personal attacks out of the discussions. Stick to the topic and cease with the baiting and flaming.
    I was out of line...I forgot which site I was on.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  9. #389
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Not only is he full of crap, but in fact Target is one of the few companies that actually offers health insurance coverage to part time employees.
    Target is cutting all FT workers to avoid HAVING to pay for their health coverage. Target Employee Says 8K Full Timers Will Be Part-Time

    This means downgrading 8,000 full time employees to part-time status
    HR will receive another email within 3-4 months directing stores to reduce current specialist hours to below 32 hours a week. Reason being the company wants to get all the current specs in the company OFF the full time benefits plans to reduce cost. (i.e. health insurance, etc)
    Darden Restaurants - owners of Red Lobster and Olive Garden are two major chain restaurants that are also cutting out full time employees and have specifically named Obamacare as the reasoning.
    ...increasing the number of workers on part-time status, meaning they work less than 30 hours a week. Under the new health care act, companies will be required to provide health care to full-time employees by 2014.
    Blog: Sign of the times: Chain cuts hours of full time workers because of Obamacare


    PICKET: Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality - Washington Times - Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality

    Obamacare is causing Layoff Plans at Top US Companies
    The firms include:
    Welch Allyn — a manufacturer of medical diagnostic equipment in central New York — which says it will cut 275 employees, about 10 percent of its workforce, over the next three years.
    Dana Holding Corp. — a global auto parts manufacturing company — which warned of layoffs due "$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. healthcare expenses.’’
    Stryker — a medical device manufacturer — which plans to close its facility in Orchard Park, N.Y., eliminating 96 jobs in December. They also say they’ll slash 5 percent of their global workforce, about 1,170 positions.
    Boston Scientific — a medical device manufacturer — said it plans to cut between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs, while shifting investments and workers overseas to China.
    Medtronic — a medical device maker — which cut 500 positions over the summer, with 500 more set to be eliminated by the end of 2013.
    Other companies promising job cuts include: Smith & Nephew — 770 layoffs; Abbott Labs — 700 layoffs; Covidien — 595 layoffs; Kinetic Concepts — 427 layoffs; St. Jude Medical — 300 layoffs; and Hill Rom — 200 layoffs.

    Among the reasons for the layoffs: increased costs for health insurance and, in the case of medical manufacturing companies, a new medical-device tax.

    Mourning in America - Here's Those Layoffs We Voted For Last Night | FreedomWorks
    JANCOA Janitorial Services

    The CEO of JANCOA, Mary Miller, testified to Congress that Obamacare was a "dream killer", adding that one option she had to consider "is reducing the majority of my team members to part-time employment in order to reduce the amount that I will be penalized."

    Kroger

    The American retailer in Cincinnati, Ohio recently was reported to be planning a significant slashing of their hourly workers. Doug Ross writes:
    Operative Faith (a mid-level manager with the company) reveals that Kroger will soon join the ranks of Darden Restaurants and slash the hours of its non-exempt (hourly) workers to avoid millions in Obamacare penalties.
    According to the source, Obamacare could result in tens of thousands of Kroger employees being limited to working 28 hours per week.

    This is by no means, meant to be an exhaustive list. But it is meant to provide examples of real companies, real jobs, and real names, soon to be added to the growing list of employment casualties provided by the inevitable implementation of Obamacare.

    So yea, all these companies must be lying too...I find it amusing that all these companies are lying about these layoffs....but the man and the cronies who lied to your faces about this Healthcare law arent lying...
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  10. #390
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:3

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    Target is cutting all FT workers to avoid HAVING to pay for their health coverage. Target Employee Says 8K Full Timers Will Be Part-Time




    Darden Restaurants - owners of Red Lobster and Olive Garden are two major chain restaurants that are also cutting out full time employees and have specifically named Obamacare as the reasoning.

    Blog: Sign of the times: Chain cuts hours of full time workers because of Obamacare


    PICKET: Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality - Washington Times - Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality

    Obamacare is causing Layoff Plans at Top US Companies



    Mourning in America - Here's Those Layoffs We Voted For Last Night | FreedomWorks
    JANCOA Janitorial Services

    The CEO of JANCOA, Mary Miller, testified to Congress that Obamacare was a "dream killer", adding that one option she had to consider "is reducing the majority of my team members to part-time employment in order to reduce the amount that I will be penalized."

    Kroger

    The American retailer in Cincinnati, Ohio recently was reported to be planning a significant slashing of their hourly workers. Doug Ross writes:
    Operative Faith (a mid-level manager with the company) reveals that Kroger will soon join the ranks of Darden Restaurants and slash the hours of its non-exempt (hourly) workers to avoid millions in Obamacare penalties.
    According to the source, Obamacare could result in tens of thousands of Kroger employees being limited to working 28 hours per week.

    This is by no means, meant to be an exhaustive list. But it is meant to provide examples of real companies, real jobs, and real names, soon to be added to the growing list of employment casualties provided by the inevitable implementation of Obamacare.

    So yea, all these companies must be lying too...I find it amusing that all these companies are lying about these layoffs....but the man and the cronies who lied to your faces about this Healthcare law arent lying...
    I believe that they were singing from that same hymnal when medicare was introduced.funny...the world hasn't collapsed so far.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •