Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 448

Thread: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

  1. #371
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Honestly I don't care! Lib, con, so called "moderate" "other" or what ever....If he want's to raise the cost of a pizza by 3 cents, or 15 cents isn't going to make one bit of difference to the super bowl party when they place the call....And only if people get mad at his political statement might affect something, but there are 50% that agree with him....Never forget that.
    So, an additional cost no one cares about is bad if it covers employee health care? Is that the argument?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #372
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, an additional cost no one cares about is bad if it covers employee health care? Is that the argument?

    OMG Joe....Do yourself a favor and give up.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #373
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, an additional cost no one cares about is bad if it covers employee health care? Is that the argument?
    kinda what i'm getting out of it....

  4. #374
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    OMG Joe....Do yourself a favor and give up.
    I'm not alone reading it that way. I just asked for clarification.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #375
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Honestly I don't care! Lib, con, so called "moderate" "other" or what ever....If he want's to raise the cost of a pizza by 3 cents, or 15 cents isn't going to make one bit of difference to the super bowl party when they place the call....And only if people get mad at his political statement might affect something, but there are 50% that agree with him....Never forget that.
    Forget what?
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  6. #376
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,801

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Honestly I don't care! Lib, con, so called "moderate" "other" or what ever....If he want's to raise the cost of a pizza by 3 cents, or 15 cents isn't going to make one bit of difference to the super bowl party when they place the call....And only if people get mad at his political statement might affect something, but there are 50% that agree with him....Never forget that.

    Nope - only about 33% agree with doing away with Obamacare, that is if you wish to believe some liberal polling group. Rasmussen says 50% but then Rasmussen has shown itself to have just a wee bit of bias toward Republicans and their beliefs.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  7. #377
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,733

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    ....So don't buy his pie.....heh, heh....Free country...He can do what he want's and that burns you authoritarian wanna be marxists up, makes me laugh.
    I'll still buy his pie. Why? Because he never said what it was reported he said. In fact, he said that Papa John's was EXPANDING it's operations, and no, there was not going to be an Obamacare surcharge. I can't believe that this is still even being discussed AFTER the lie was exposed.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #378
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I'll still buy his pie. Why? Because he never said what it was reported he said. In fact, he said that Papa John's was EXPANDING it's operations, and no, there was not going to be an Obamacare surcharge. I can't believe that this is still even being discussed AFTER the lie was exposed.
    He also said that the corporate-owned restaurants have ALWAYS offered health insurance coverage and will continue to do so.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  9. #379
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I love it when partisan pollies just go ahead and criticize at random without any case.

    Nobody says that it isn't his money, but his claim that obamacare will be the cause for him, as the owner of Papa John or whatever, to decrease hours (wages/personnel/etc) at his business is BS and it is unsubstantiated. That being said, i do not agree with obamacare as I have eloquently explained in the post you so willingly cut in half just to get into a polemic you cannot possibly win. But I do not agree or support retarded people who are looking for any excuse to plead sympathy from the people at the expense of his employees.
    Its the truth tho...

    Anyone working X amount of hours has to have health insurance provided by the employer...Insurance costs us $1300 +/- a month for a family of 5....it was $297 a month but our policy is now not allowed by the guidelines of Obamacare (we had a HSA) but as of January 2013, we must have a government approved health care policy.

    Same thing goes with these business'.

    Target has cut all full time employees to part time to save the cost and remain competitive in the market place. There are thousands of companies that are either cutting hours or cutting jobs in order to handle the costs of Obamacare rather than raise the prices of goods and services to cover the costs. They cant raise the prices, people dont have the money to buy things now.

    Obamacare was done wrong...while it has some really good things in it, there is more bad than good.


    And by the way....how do you Obama supporters like being lied to? Does it make you feel all fuzzy and warm inside? Do you have that tingle running up your leg?
    What am I referring to?
    Obama and the proponents of the HC law insisted it was not a tax the whole time they were putting this thing together and after....they even argued in every State and Federal court it wasnt a tax....but when it get to SCOTUS, they said yes, it is a tax.

    Do you kind of feel like that woman when she is told by a guy....dont worry, I wont cum in your mouth.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    re: Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut [W:387]

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    Its the truth tho...

    Anyone working X amount of hours has to have health insurance provided by the employer...Insurance costs us $1300 +/- a month for a family of 5....it was $297 a month but our policy is now not allowed by the guidelines of Obamacare (we had a HSA) but as of January 2013, we must have a government approved health care policy.

    Same thing goes with these business'.

    Target has cut all full time employees to part time to save the cost and remain competitive in the market place. There are thousands of companies that are either cutting hours or cutting jobs in order to handle the costs of Obamacare rather than raise the prices of goods and services to cover the costs. They cant raise the prices, people dont have the money to buy things now.

    Obamacare was done wrong...while it has some really good things in it, there is more bad than good.


    And by the way....how do you Obama supporters like being lied to? Does it make you feel all fuzzy and warm inside? Do you have that tingle running up your leg?
    What am I referring to?
    Obama and the proponents of the HC law insisted it was not a tax the whole time they were putting this thing together and after....they even argued in every State and Federal court it wasnt a tax....but when it get to SCOTUS, they said yes, it is a tax.

    Do you kind of feel like that woman when she is told by a guy....dont worry, I wont cum in your mouth.
    You're wrong on all counts and aside from that, it would be more exciting and real to hold a debate with the common dirt than with you.

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •