Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 103

Thread: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

  1. #91
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Bullying? It's just a ****ing drone. Who cares? You would think that the Iranian National Guard had just summarily executed a bunch of US citizens.

    If your reaction to a mild provocation (which might not have even been a provocation, if the drone flew into Iranian airspace) is to escalate the situation, then YOU are the bully.
    I guess you don't learn from history. We didn't do anything about Al Qaeda for years and it got us 9/11. Now, you want us to not do anything about Iran. Will you be shocked when they actually kill Americans?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #92
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    You've got to quit watching Fox. It's starting to severely distort reality for you. The election is over. You lost. Deal with it.
    I have watched almost zero FOX! How about them apples!!
    I rarely watch TV. It's a waste of time.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    1. Not be Stupid enough to have it get caught In Iranian Airspace.
    2. Report this incident to the American people when it happens and not a Week later all Due to an election.
    3. Don't make the move to Classify the material for only a week. If it is classified Info then it shouldn't come out at all.
    4. Which we have done.....release a statement saying it was in International Air Space.
    5. Ignore anything the Iranians or anyone else has to say about it, and move on!
    Ok move on to what? You've talk about how to handle it domestically, but what should the US do regarding its position to Iran because they fired on a drone?

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I have watched almost zero FOX! How about them apples!!
    I rarely watch TV. It's a waste of time.
    Well, that would explain a lot.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #95
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I guess you don't learn from history. We didn't do anything about Al Qaeda for years and it got us 9/11. Now, you want us to not do anything about Iran. Will you be shocked when they actually kill Americans?
    Well we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. Until then, I'll just continue to regard your paranoid fantasies about Iran wanting to kill Americans as exactly that: paranoid fantasies. If you want to escalate tensions because you have some idea that they might possibly want to hurt you down the road - despite spending 1% of our military budget, and despite the fact that they have never attacked the US, and despite the fact that they haven't started a war with ANYONE in at least 60 years - then it is YOU who is bullying THEM. Not the other way around.

    Escalating the situation because they shot at a drone is the equivalent of pulling out a machine gun because some kid vandalized your mailbox. Although even that is probably giving the comparison too much credit, because I'm not entirely sure I believe the Pentagon's claims that the drone was in international airspace (all we really have is their word). Maybe a better analogy is pulling out a machine gun because someone vandalized the spycam you set up in their yard.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Agreed, it's as if Obama is synonymous with Satan.
    Yeah, the guy can't win with some folks. If he bombs terrorists, he's bad. If he doesn't bomb terrorists, he's bad.

    Maybe it's the black thing.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #97
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Well we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. Until then, I'll just continue to regard your paranoid fantasies about Iran wanting to kill Americans as exactly that: paranoid fantasies. If you want to escalate tensions because you have some idea that they might possibly want to hurt you down the road - despite spending 1% of our military budget, and despite the fact that they have never attacked the US, and despite the fact that they haven't started a war with ANYONE in at least 60 years - then it is YOU who is bullying THEM. Not the other way around.

    Escalating the situation because they shot at a drone is the equivalent of pulling out a machine gun because some kid vandalized your mailbox. Although even that is probably giving the comparison too much credit, because I'm not entirely sure I believe the Pentagon's claims that the drone was in international airspace (all we really have is their word). Maybe a better analogy is pulling out a machine gun because someone vandalized the spycam you set up in their yard.
    Well, it appears to me that Iran is the one escalating the situation. How far are you willing to let them go?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #98
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I guess you don't learn from history. We didn't do anything about Al Qaeda for years and it got us 9/11. Now, you want us to not do anything about Iran. Will you be shocked when they actually kill Americans?
    They get to kill Americans by us going to war with them. We more than doubled our losses of 9/11 with this inane, ill planned, poorly executed, and completely suspect war to start with. How many more Americans do we send to their deaths for this practice that nets us nothing but more dead countrymen, bigger debt, larger government, more intrusive government, etc.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #99
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Well, it appears to me that Iran is the one escalating the situation. How far are you willing to let them go?
    Yeah well you're wrong. What are they going to do to "hurt" the US?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  10. #100
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    What specifically are these unique sanctions that Obama masterminded that have never been used before?
    Never said they were different, i said they are extremely harsh and some of the most harsh sanctions we have implemented on a country before.


Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •