Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Filmmaker Innocence os Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Filmmaker Innocence of Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....




    A federal judge on Wednesday sentenced the filmmaker behind "Innocence of Muslims, the anti-Islam film that sparked rioting across the globe, to a year behind bars after the man admitted to violating the terms of his release from an earlier conviction.

    Mark Basseley Youssef admitted to four violations, including lying to his probation officer and using bogus names. In exchange, prosecutors dropped four other counts, including allegations that Youssef lied in saying that his role in the film's production was limited to writing the script. Youssef was under a type of federal probation -- known as supervised release -- after being convicted in 2010 of bank and credit-card fraud, in which he was accused of causing $800,000 in losses.

    Through an attorney, Youssef, who previously changed his name from Nakoula Basseley Nakoula and who also has gone by the name Sam Basile, asked that he be allowed to serve the sentence in home confinement.....~snip~


    'Innocence of Muslims' filmmaker gets a year in prison - latimes.com
    Southern California -- this just in<<<<< More here!

    Well he pleaded out! Don't know what Cali law is. here it day for day. Plus good time 90 days. So with a Year sentence he would have done only 90 days. Plus that would not include any other jail time day for day prior to.
    Last edited by MMC; 11-08-12 at 11:49 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Filmmaker Innocence os Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

    Not really much to say about this, the guy violated his probation and now he's being punished for it. I wonder how long before the posts start popping up about how he's really going to jail for the video.

  3. #3
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Filmmaker Innocence os Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I wonder how long before the posts start popping up about how he's really going to jail for the video.

    in 3...2...1.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Filmmaker Innocence os Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Not really much to say about this, the guy violated his probation and now he's being punished for it. I wonder how long before the posts start popping up about how he's really going to jail for the video.
    I guess if they give him Home monitoring then it was all for naught.....other then to violate his parole. Which more than likely without any public attention would have never been noticed in the first place, huh?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Filmmaker Innocence os Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I guess if they give him Home monitoring then it was all for naught.....other then to violate his parole. Which more than likely without any public attention would have never been noticed in the first place, huh?
    And had he not violated his parole by doing this, he would be free and clear. The fact is, what he did was illegal (i.e. against his parole). He was punished for that.

    Are you saying he should have been allowed to violate his parole because he was insulting Muslims while doing so?

  6. #6
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Filmmaker Innocence of Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post


    A federal judge on Wednesday sentenced the filmmaker behind "Innocence of Muslims,” the anti-Islam film that sparked rioting across the globe, to a year behind bars after the man admitted to violating the terms of his release from an earlier conviction.

    Mark Basseley Youssef admitted to four violations, including lying to his probation officer and using bogus names. In exchange, prosecutors dropped four other counts, including allegations that Youssef lied in saying that his role in the film's production was limited to writing the script. Youssef was under a type of federal probation -- known as supervised release -- after being convicted in 2010 of bank and credit-card fraud, in which he was accused of causing $800,000 in losses.

    Through an attorney, Youssef, who previously changed his name from Nakoula Basseley Nakoula and who also has gone by the name Sam Basile, asked that he be allowed to serve the sentence in home confinement.....~snip~


    'Innocence of Muslims' filmmaker gets a year in prison - latimes.com
    Southern California -- this just in<<<<< More here!

    Well he pleaded out! Don't know what Cali law is. here it day for day. Plus good time 90 days. So with a Year sentence he would have done only 90 days. Plus that would not include any other jail time day for day prior to.
    That is a false premise.

    Though, he certainly deserves jail time for violating parole.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  7. #7
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Filmmaker Innocence of Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

    The riots were not really due to his film per se, as the film was just a convenient tool used by the clerics to stir up the masses. Nobody would have heard of the fellow if not for these clerics.

    Since nobody would have heard of the dude if not for the clerics, then he would have received little attention from the media were he to be sentenced for the parole violation, and he may have even slipped under the radar of such. Who knows? There is really no way to conduct a control on this to know what would have happened if not for these clerics who were intent on finding something useful to motivate violence. As such, I would think any specualtion that his sentencing had nothing to do with the Islamist violence is as errant as that which insists it was.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #8
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Filmmaker Innocence os Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Not really much to say about this, the guy violated his probation and now he's being punished for it. I wonder how long before the posts start popping up about how he's really going to jail for the video.
    I think that wrong impression Is the one we'll see in the Arab/Muslim world.
    That he was [really] punished for 'insulting Islam'.
    That part of the Arab World, that is, that doesn't still think it was 'a Jew' behind the film.
    Last edited by mbig; 11-08-12 at 12:40 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Filmmaker Innocence of Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    That is a false premise.

    Though, he certainly deserves jail time for violating parole.
    Mark Basseley Youssef admitted to four violations, including lying to his probation officer and using bogus names. In exchange, prosecutors dropped four other counts, including allegations that Youssef lied in saying that his role in the film's production was limited to writing the script.....snip~


    False premise????? Seems Right there this is known as pleading out. He admits to four and the Prosecutors drop the other four charges. Looks to be totally true according to the piece.....huh? Course with the time he has sat in Jail that will be counted and with Californias over-crowding situation and that he is not a dangerous felon. One can see why they are asking for Home Confinement.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Filmmaker Innocence os Muslims Sentenced to 1 Year in Prison.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And had he not violated his parole by doing this, he would be free and clear. The fact is, what he did was illegal (i.e. against his parole). He was punished for that.

    Are you saying he should have been allowed to violate his parole because he was insulting Muslims while doing so?

    No I am saying.....that if the Film never became an issue. He would have never been violated for Conditions of his Supervised Release.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •