Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 149 of 149

Thread: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

  1. #141
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiposa View Post
    I wouldn't be so strong as to say "fascist Corporate slave vased tyrannical regime," but I do agree the American government does need reform. Although, we are still not on topic.
    So lets see if i can summarize your position on this critical global issue.

    You believe that Puerto Rico should become a state of the USA so that its average IQ can improve from its current level of 84 to the in the USA which is 94.

    Wouldn't it be far better for Puerto Rico to merge with Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan or Taiwan, countries that have the highest IQ levels in the world?

    Your argument just doesn't make sense, because the USA is not one of the exceptional nations with regards to the IQ of its citizenry (ranked a pathetic 23 in the world)

  2. #142
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

    Quote Originally Posted by hawke812 View Post
    My grandmother would tell me stories of how teachers would make her kneel on rocks (girls wore skirts back then) if she spoke Spanish at school in Texas. It may not be official, but a certain group of people think it is
    that was just the very crazy tejas school system back in the day. yes girls were required to wear skirts and guys could NOT wear jeans
    as a first grader (1958) in el paso, i opted to stay after school to learn spanish
    we got a visit the first session from the principal, a known tyrant, who explained that those who could not speak spanish by the end of the semester would visit him and his belt
    even as a six year old i understood that dropping out of an elective course was the better option
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #143
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,118

    Re: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nope. They can't join less we can make a full row or column of stars. We'll have to annex parts of Canada to make it even.
    How about this?


  4. #144
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    Are you aware that about 95% of the Nobel prize winners from the USA were either born outide the US or their parents immigrated to the US?
    LINK?

    Quote Originally Posted by klown

    Are you also aware that if you limit the average IQ score in the USA to people who's parents were actually born in the US, the average IQ level of the US as a whole is very similar to that of other nations such as Puerto Rico?
    Lie. LINK?

    Quote Originally Posted by klown
    It appears that whatever advantage the US has in IQ is actually imported or taken from other nations.
    LINK?
    And even if true that would Acknowledge that some peoples/nations have Higher IQs.

    All-in-all it just another klown post.
    Last edited by mbig; 12-07-12 at 01:20 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #145
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiposa View Post
    I will, and here is my conclusion.
    Here is your answer:
    Average IQ in US States

    Average IQ of Countries
    (This one has Puerto Rico, under the America heading.)
    Per these, the US state with the lowest average IQ is Mississippi at 94.2. Puerto Rico sits at around 84.

    What I think is that you rationalise a possible and indeed lower average IQ of Puerto Ricans as inferior and a reason to disallow them entry into the Union. But may I turn you to Exhibit B:
    Global IQ
    Purple is highest, Red is lowest.
    Global GDP per capita
    Dark Red is highest, Light Yellow is lowest.

    See a trend? While not an exact, it can easily be seen that countries with lower GDP per capitas have a typically lower IQ. Puerto Rico has a GDP per capita much lower than that of Mississippi, or even the whole US for that matter.

    You bringing up the average IQ of a nation as an argument against them is indecent and foul, and inherently Social-Darwinist and Supremacist.
    Not only this but your response to my question was unfounded and rude. .....
    IOW, you object on PC Basis, not the truth of the matter.
    An absolutely classic example!
    "indecent", fowl", "rude", "supremacist", "social-darwinist"... But never "untrue".

    Your tables have it right, you've just chosen the PC cause-and-effect.
    East Asians at the top of the IQ chart have proved out their IQs, not gotten them from financial advantage.
    Japan and South Korea were in Rubble 60 years ago and have virtually no natural resources, HK and China poverty stricken.
    Yet their GDP's now surpass many countries with great resources and historically higher wealth.

    Try
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/scienc...c-w-957-a.html
    Last edited by mbig; 12-07-12 at 01:23 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  6. #146
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    LINK?

    Lie. LINK?


    LINK?
    And even if true that would Acknowledge that some peoples/nations have Higher IQs.

    All-in-all it just another klown post.
    Intelligence has not increased in the human species since we detached genetically from the main hominid branch at around 5 to 7 million years ago.

    You need to accept your Kenyan heritage

    I do realise that the reality and truth that has been suppressed from the US citizenry by the fascist corpocracy that enslaves you, is difficult to accept, but you must try.

    Your very soul is at stake
    Last edited by Klown; 12-07-12 at 01:26 AM.

  7. #147
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    Intelligence has not increased in the human species since we detached genetically from the main hominid branch at around 5 to 7 million years ago.

    You need to accept your Kenyan heritage
    Laughably Untrue.
    Google 'Flynn Effect'.

    And you, as Always were caught in more LYING CLAIMS (3) you Cannot substantiate.
    (now 4-fer-4!)
    LINKS for the first 3?
    Still waiting.
    Positively Pathological Lying.
    ALL Klown's posts are Pathological Lies of convenience. Bold but absurd and unconscionable BS.
    Last edited by mbig; 12-07-12 at 01:36 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  8. #148
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Laughably Untrue.
    Google 'Flynn Effect'.

    And you, as Always were caught in more LYING CLAIMS (3) you Cannot substantiate.
    (now 4-fer-4!)
    LINKS for the first 3?
    Still waiting.
    Positively Pathological Lying.
    ALL Klown's posts are Pathological Lies of convenience. Bold but absurd and unconscionable BS.
    Your frothing at the mouth merely validates the comments that I make.

    http://kylehuwer.files.wordpress.com...bies.png?w=655

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Puerto Rico Votes on US Ties

    Quote Originally Posted by H. Lee White View Post
    Nothing here supports the idea that there is opposition for PR being a state because of its Spanish name or that Englush -is- the official language anywhere in the US.
    There are many States, cities, towns and counties in the USA whose names have been inherited from other languages, including Spanish. It seem there are Europeans who believe that Texas, Montana and Oklahoma, for a few examples, are English words.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •