Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 122

Thread: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

  1. #21
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Well, personally I support her because I agree with most of her positions, but her sexual orientation is a plus. Her being gay is important because she is more likely to support gay rights than a straight candidate.
    Plenty of straight people support the "gay agenda." I don't see how her being "more likely" to is relevant. You would clearly know if she did or didn't either way.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  2. #22
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Tammy Baldwin is elected the first openly gay senator | The Ticket - Yahoo! News


    Awesome. Good news on another front after last night's elections.
    Yep as far as social issues are concerned this is another win for america.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Good news. Another step forward for LGBT rights.
    One day we'll have two men in the White House with children.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    don't care who she has sex with... but I can't say i'm enamored with her positions on issues. ( which is par for the course with "progressive" politicians.)

    doesn't matter much, she doesn't represent my state, so she's rather irrelevant to me.

  5. #25
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, when you get the Republicans to support a gay candidate, let us know. If they're openly gay, it'll be awfully hard to sneak them past the religious nuts.
    Its officially a democrat world. Getting excited about an elected public official because she's gay.

    I guess some things are more important than doing the job one is elected to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  6. #26
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Its officially a democrat world. Getting excited about an elected public official because she's gay.

    I guess some things are more important than doing the job one is elected to do.
    It's too bad she's not a Republican. You guys wouldn't be able to stop congraulating yourselves.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,495

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    One day we'll have two men in the White House with children.
    One day we'll have an atheist in the WH.

    One day we'll have a woman as president in the WH.

    One day we'll have a president who is neither a republican or a democrat.

    Perhaps one day we'll have a president who can balance the budget.

    What's your point?

    The more we break down, and step over the IGNORANT biases that some people have towards others, the better chance we'll have of getting a president who can actually accomplish something wonderful.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,495

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Its officially a democrat world. Getting excited about an elected public official because she's gay.

    I guess some things are more important than doing the job one is elected to do.
    Nobody said that.

    In fact, I'd say her political position has to be pretty damn strong to over-come the bias people would have of her being gay.

    The point being, perhaps it was her political prowess that got her elected in spite of her being gay.

    Which is a step forward in our country no matter how you slice it.

    Nobody gets elected to a government position "because they are gay".

    it's just damn nice to see that people can overlook that and vote for her any way.

    Untwist your panties and look at it for what it is. Not for what your overly-biased eyes color it as.

  9. #29
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Tammy Baldwin is elected the first openly gay senator | The Ticket - Yahoo! News



    Awesome. Good news on another front after last night's elections.
    I'm still confused why this matters. Why is anyone's sexual orientation, religion, race, or creed even remotely related to their ability to their jobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,495

    Re: First Openly Gay Senator Elected

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I have no problem with her being Gay, I have a problem with her being a far left Liberal.
    So you'd vote for an openly gay far-right conservative?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •