Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 324

Thread: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

  1. #71
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The title of marriage is one of the benefits of marriage.
    You do know that SSM couples receive no Federal Benefits right?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #72
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Not right, just liberal. Doing what's liberal, for a while now. I wonder when liberals will open the gates to things like plural marriage?
    When you understand that differences between plural marriage and gay marriage and how the former does not apply to an argument for the latter, let us know.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #73
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You do know that SSM couples receive no Federal Benefits right?
    Tell us again how repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell will lead to a mass exodus from the military and how Washington state will never approve same sex marriage at the ballot box.

    How much you wanna bet on DOMA when it has already been struck down by several appeals courts and the Supreme Court is set to hear arguments on it next session?
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 11-07-12 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You do know that SSM couples receive no Federal Benefits right?
    NP... you do realize that you can no longer go around and say that SSM has been defeated every time it's been put up for a vote, right?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #75
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    WOW. With every election result I see this morning, I get more and more disgusted with the American people.
    You get more and more disgusted with the American people ... wanting equality?


  6. #76
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    NP... you do realize that you can no longer go around and say that SSM has been defeated every time it's been put up for a vote, right?
    Yes I understand that CC........You do realize that the Federal Gov. does not recognize SSM and that these states that have approved it will end up in the SCOTUS for the final decision on the issue. As Yogi Berra once said and I paraphrase "Its not over until its over."
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 11-07-12 at 10:21 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #77
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    You get more and more disgusted with the American people ... wanting equality?
    He gets disgusted that everyone can't be as miserable and hateful as him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #78
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    In YOUR opinion. In my opinion, the things I'm seeing are demonstrating that the country is BEING saved.

    See how that works?
    both you and Tigger are wrong-its a minor issue that has gotten far more attention than it deserves. in the great scheme of things its a pimple on a soon to erupt volcano of financial malaise

  9. #79
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You do know that SSM couples receive no Federal Benefits right?
    You realize that has jack **** to do with what I said?

    So how does it feel to know that the tide has turned and more and more gays are going to be getting married? Just think, it could be 2013 when SCOTUS rules DOMA illegal. You could live to see a gay wave in this country!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #80
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    both you and Tigger are wrong-its a minor issue that has gotten far more attention than it deserves. in the great scheme of things its a pimple on a soon to erupt volcano of financial malaise
    Kinda like gun issues? All that overblown hysteria over a tool to extend your penis?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •