Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 324

Thread: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

  1. #61
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    And this is why the conservatives keep losing.
    Poor logic or reliance on straw man arguments?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #62
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Poor logic or reliance on straw man arguments?
    all of the above?

  3. #63
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-23-15 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    203

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    I'm trying to understand this whole thing. Do gay people want the same benefits or the title of marriage?

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    El Monte, California
    Last Seen
    07-05-13 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    OMG...conservatives were right...I just got the gays

  5. #65
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by avery45 View Post
    I'm trying to understand this whole thing. Do gay people want the same benefits or the title of marriage?
    Well not all gay people think the same so its impossible to really answer that question. But iif your talking about the pro SSM movement then I would say that they want same sex couples to be able to receive the same benefits and sign the same contract and enter into the same institution as opposite sex couples. In other words equality under the law.

  6. #66
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,150

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Good job, America is slowly moving into the 21st century.

  7. #67
    That European Guy
    GarzaUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Good stuff. In 50 years time, people will wonder why there was a big fuss over gay marriage in the first place.
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." ~ Isaac Asimov

  8. #68
    Cammunist Stewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Last Seen
    12-03-16 @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    986

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Not right, just liberal. Doing what's liberal, for a while now. I wonder when liberals will open the gates to things like plural marriage?
    Strawman noted, why don't you suggest they support bestiality next?

  9. #69
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Maryland lets illegals vote--of course they don't care

    I have no issue with gay marriage but respect those who do for religious reasons.

  10. #70
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by avery45 View Post
    I'm trying to understand this whole thing. Do gay people want the same benefits or the title of marriage?
    The title of marriage is one of the benefits of marriage.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •