“And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822
"Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".
"There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac
"I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."
--Albert Einstein, 1929
2. Wedding / Catering business is stimulative.
3. Gay couples can adopt children, getting them out of state run foster systems.
4. Same-sex marriage will do away with the overly complicated and legalistic civil unions and expedite all kinds of basic property, health, and tax issues for gay couples.
5. Since the divorce rate among same-sex couples is lower, opposite-sex couples will have more roll models for lifelong commitment.
6. Love and tolerance are Judeo-Christian values.
7. Legalizing gay marriage will foster more acceptance of LGBT sexual orientation in all areas of public life which means less discrimination.
So, yeah, gay marriage is great for our country.
Just saying, I see a huge amoutn of slippery slope arguments here, about marriage between those who are related, "full-blown socialism", and such. This is about same-sex marriage, nothing else. I for one am in favor of gay marriage, but those awho are against, shoudl not worry: same-sex marriage is very rare even in places where it's legal (eg. t he Netherlands).
"There is a lot of talk coming from CitiGroup about how Dodd-Frank isn't perfect, So let me say this to anyone listening at Citi —I agree with you. Dodd-Frank isn't perfect. It should have broken you into pieces." -- Elizabeth Warren