Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 324

Thread: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And how are people who you will never met, that will get married, your business?
    I do meet a good number these people. I help pay some of their bills through my taxes and insurance premiums, too.

    Also, it's my usual occupation to remodel their kitchens and bathrooms. Married couples tend to pay more than divorcing couples, because a married couple is staying in the home, while a divorcing couple just wants to sell the old marital home and maximize their own pocket money. Healthy families = more pay for me.

    Not to mention that a failed marriage increases the statistical chance that their child will find themselves at the business end of my .45 when they try to rob me. I would rather that not happen, and the best way to combat crime is to help families be healthy. My firearm is a last resort.
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-10-12 at 12:56 AM.

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I do meet a good number these people. I help pay some of their bills through my taxes and insurance premiums, too.

    Not to mention that a failed marriage increases the statistical chance that their child will find themselves at the business end of my .45 when they try to rob me. I would rather that not happen, and the best way to combat crime is to help families be healthy. My firearm is a last resort.

    Sooooo....that makes you feel justified in saying that people whom you will never meet, it is your business who they marry?

    Okaaaaaaaaaay.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So that makes you feel justified in saying that people whom you will never meet, it is your business who they marry?
    I do meet a good number of these people. Your argument is based on a false premise. Their marital health is directly related to my personal income. Therefore I have an interest in helping families be healthy, and supporting legislation to that end is my constitutional right whether you like it or not.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I do meet a good number of these people. Your argument is based on a false premise. Their marital health is directly related to my personal income. Therefore I have an interest in helping families be healthy, and supporting legislation to that end is my constitutional right whether you like it or not.
    Like I typed....okaaaaaaaay.

    And no - that was not my premise.

    My premise was who other people marry - especially if you do not know them - is absolutely none of your business (assuming they are both consenting adults).

    And there is ZERO chance you will change my mind on that.


    Have a nice day.


    Btw, I have typed it before - and I will type it again...ALL major religions are a COMPLETE and TOTAL waste of time.

    They are for the weak and/or the ignorant and/or the desperate.
    Last edited by DA60; 11-10-12 at 01:12 AM.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Btw, I have typed it before - and I will type it again...ALL major religions are a COMPLETE and TOTAL waste of time.
    Oh you think I oppose SSM. No. Not true. My marriage ended in divorce, so if a gay couple can make it work who am I to complain?

    My sole concern is the 50% divorce rate. I don't care how they stimulate their orifices, I care about how divorce harms the whole country. I don't care who the people are that get married, I care that half of them divorce. Let gays get married, that's fine, great with me, no problem at all. Send me an invitation and I'll wear my military dress uniform to it. I've remodeled the homes of gay clients before, it's not an issue. If there's a religious element then that's between them and God, but so far it's never come up on-the-job, so I don't care.

    I'm not going to stop you from hating on religion, it just doesn't apply to anything I've said since no part of my argument has anything to do with religion in the remotest respect.

    And yes, my evening is very good so far, this one's for you:

    atoast.jpg

    I would love to chat more tonight but I need to be a lvl88 paladin asap. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Maxpro/simple. Essayons mothah****ahz!
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-10-12 at 01:34 AM.

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Oh you think I oppose SSM. No. Not true. My marriage ended in divorce, so if a gay couple can make it work who am I to complain?

    My sole concern is the 50% divorce rate. I don't care how they stimulate their orifices, I care about how divorce harms the whole country. I don't care who the people are that get married, I care that half of them divorce. Let gays get married, that's fine, great with me, no problem at all. Send me an invitation and I'll wear my military dress uniform to it. I've remodeled the homes of gay clients before, it's not an issue. If there's a religious element then that's between them and God, but so far it's never come up on-the-job, so I don't care.
    Good.
    Why you did not make that clear earlier - being this is a gay marriage thread - is somewhat beyond me. But still good.
    I'm not going to stop you from hating on religion, it just doesn't apply to anything I've said since no part of my argument has anything to do with religion in the remotest respect.

    And yes, my evening is very good so far, this one's for you:

    atoast.jpg

    I would love to chat more tonight but I need to be a lvl88 paladin asap. Maxpro @ Lightbringer - Community - World of Warcraft. Essayons mothah****ahz!
    I said 'btw' with my religious statement.

    And I do not have a 'hating on' for religion.

    I think it is a complete waste of time. But I don't hate it.

    It's like standing on your head all day..I think it is a complete waste of time.

    But I don't hate it.


    Night.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Good.
    Why you did not make that clear earlier - being this is a gay marriage thread - is somewhat beyond me.
    Because I don't hyper-over-qualify everything I say. I say what I say and it's your job not to read anymore then the words I actually post. You assumed I was some kind of religious anti-gay bigot just because I voiced the slightest concern over divorce. That's your fault. I'm in a good mood tonight because I'm happy when I drink. Normally I would kite you and troll the ever living **** out of you forever for doing something so stupid like that. But I'm gona let it go, because I just killed another MoP rare spawn

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Because I don't hyper-over-qualify everything I say. I say what I say and it's your job not to read anymore then the words I actually post. You assumed I was some kind of religious anti-gay bigot just because I voiced the slightest concern over divorce. That's your fault. I'm in a good mood tonight because I'm happy when I drink. Normally I would kite you and troll the ever living **** out of you forever for doing something so stupid like that. But I'm gona let it go, because I just killed another MoP rare spawn
    My job? This is a chat forum, not my 'job'.

    I hope you are drunk for your sake because you are sounding pretty dumb/weird right now.

    Whatever...I have wasted too much time on you already.

    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 11-10-12 at 04:29 AM.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    My job?
    Yup, your job. If I didn't say it, you shouldn't read it. But you did. And no this is not a chat forum, this is a debate forum, and you have quite a few 'jobs' you may not be aware of, like proving a claim you make, keeping away from logical fallacies, exposition, etc. if you treat this like a chat forum you're going to be met with a lot of hostility as you're constantly pressed to prove what you say, your statements tested and picked apart, and your posts quoted against you long after you yourself forgot about them.

    All you asked me about is how marriage affects me. My telling you how marriage effects me does not equal me opposing same--sex marriage. Logic ftw.

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Gay marriage is approved by popular vote in Maine, Maryland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yup, your job. If I didn't say it, you shouldn't read it. But you did. And no this is not a chat forum, this is a debate forum, and you have quite a few 'jobs' you may not be aware of, like proving a claim you make, keeping away from logical fallacies, exposition, etc. if you treat this like a chat forum you're going to be met with a lot of hostility as you're constantly pressed to prove what you say, your statements tested and picked apart, and your posts quoted against you long after you yourself forgot about them.

    All you asked me about is how marriage affects me. My telling you how marriage effects me does not equal me opposing same--sex marriage. Logic ftw.
    Attachment 67137683
    maximum logic burn engaged.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •