Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

  1. #31
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    Quote Originally Posted by ab9924 View Post
    It is interesting how rape runs in generational cycles. It could be posed that her father raped her because he himself was raped, and she will rape her child (especially if male child) because she was raped by her father.
    Rape by women, and incestuous abuse by mothers, are rare to the point of being near-mythical.

  2. #32
    Educator / Liar Champion ab9924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sharing time between UK and US.
    Last Seen
    11-19-12 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    904

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Rape by women, and incestuous abuse by mothers, are rare to the point of being near-mythical.
    Well, it's not penetrative, but still abusive, mostly mentally, but sometimes physically too. There are many court documents that attribute acquired mental illness to upbringing by such a mother. There was only one penetrative rape case on TV where the perpetrators were 3 women, and they were playing it as a catch-a-mouse game. Penetrative sex is never considered rape by a male even if the male doesn't consent to it.

    But what is much more interesting is how we face what we REALLY are. After you are raped, you are directly facing what you are, and that leads to your post-traumatic-stress-disorder. All protesting rape victims such as in the OP, as well as all bullies, have trouble accepting that there is always a bigger bully to meet, so they are fighting their situations which is unwinable. It is almost impossible to find a person who admits that we all are just waiting to get ... well ... finished. The work is how we manage this waiting/"receiving" with minimal pain to ourselves and others.

    The protesting rape victim thinks that she/he is better than the other people before she/he graduates to become a rapist her/him self to prove it to others.

  3. #33
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    Quote Originally Posted by roflpublican View Post
    i'm sure he cares, about getting his next fix, has he been castrated yet?
    I would bet he cares about more than that. And if he was a child molester, he probably wouldn't be interested in raping her now that she's an adult.

    Quote Originally Posted by roflpublican View Post
    only silver lining of this story is she has guns now. so she'll never be a victim, to him, or to anyone, ever again.
    Hopefully not.
    Last edited by molten_dragon; 11-09-12 at 06:59 PM.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  4. #34
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    Quote Originally Posted by ab9924 View Post
    Well, it's not penetrative, but still abusive, mostly mentally, but sometimes physically too.
    Pay attention. I didn't say that it wasn't a problem because it isn't as hurtful-- I said it wasn't a problem because it practically never happens. There are cases, but they're statistical outliers.

  5. #35
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Molten, if you know a perp who committed incest IRL and find that man's behavior towards his now-adult victim "understandable", you need a severe wake up call.
    I don't see why. I'm not really sure why it's so hard for you to understand the concept of a parent molesting their child and still caring about them as a parent in some sense, and still wanting to have contact with them. Do I think it's 'okay'? No. Do I think the parent should be allowed to have any contact with the kid they molested? No. But I can understand why they might still want to have contact with their child and why they might want to keep up with what their child is doing.

    A lot of child molesters don't think they did anything wrong, or they rationalize what they did to try to avoid responsibility for it. So they don't suddenly stop thinking of themselves as being the kids parent when they molest the kid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Incest has to be the single most corrosive, soul-destroying betrayal any child can experience.
    I never argued that it wasn't.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  6. #36
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    I'm right there with all those who were brought to tears by this. That said, she just drew a target on the back of anyone who has the misfortune to have been named Steven Bressler and is not her father. She owes some specific detail to narrow down the field to only the true monster that did this.

    After that, well, let God forgive him, I'll join the rest of the mob that wants his head on a pike.

  7. #37
    Educator / Liar Champion ab9924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sharing time between UK and US.
    Last Seen
    11-19-12 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    904

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Pay attention. I didn't say that it wasn't a problem because it isn't as hurtful-- I said it wasn't a problem because it practically never happens. There are cases, but they're statistical outliers.
    Absolutely not true at all, not even the least bit true, so absolutely far from the truth that Texas is closer to God than this is to truth, if fact truth committed suicide 3 times over with this, at my place this kills rats.

  8. #38
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    Quote Originally Posted by ab9924 View Post
    Absolutely not true at all, not even the least bit true, so absolutely far from the truth that Texas is closer to God than this is to truth, if fact truth committed suicide 3 times over with this, at my place this kills rats.
    What. The ****.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Rape by women, and incestuous abuse by mothers, are rare to the point of being near-mythical.
    Reported cases are rare. Convictions, even rarer. I'd agree that women are less likely to commit this crime than men are, if only because every study ever conducted has concluded women are less likely to commit any violent crime known to man.

    However, this is also terribly unreported and when reported, unprosecuted, and when prosecuted, unconvicted. The general public (and law enforcement) is poorly educated about the child sex abuse women commit and it is my opinion that the occurrence of such crimes is likely 100,000xs higher than the reported rate.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Beauty Guru Confronts her Rapist Online

    Quote Originally Posted by ab9924 View Post
    It is interesting how rape runs in generational cycles. It could be posed that her father raped her because he himself was raped, and she will rape her child (especially if male child) because she was raped by her father.
    I disagree, because I don't think experiencing sex abuse as a child makes an adult a predator. (I don't know what produces a psychopath that can only be aroused by the torture of children.) However, if an adult stays inside a family system that regards its children as objects and sex toys, it is possible that an adult survivor will not protect their own child.

    "Survival" is relative. An adult who never learned to erect boundaries to keep themselves safe -- and never got justice -- may not be prepared to protect their own child.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •