Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 200

Thread: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

  1. #71
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    If no Americans were killed, sounds to me like he did a damned good job of protecting our embassies.
    80 people died, I wouldn't consider that a good job.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by helix2048 View Post
    The death toll from these attacks was 80 people, no Americans. Another 50 or so were injured, also not Americans. The only difference with Benghazi is 4 Americans died in the attack.

    This article goes on to list attacks on embassies under other presidents.
    Krauthammer Whitewashes Bush's History To Bash Obama Over Embassy Attack


    Yeah and.....Bush is not who's got Shiznit happening on his watch. This time it's Obama's Watch.

    Course now with Obama we have 23 Embassies in 23 different countries that have been Rioted and Property Damaged All within a certain time period. Over Hundreds injured and none American. Yet did that stop them from rioting? Another First for Obama.....huh?

    Also Under Obama.....Head of Security Killed in Yemen, attempted Assassinaton of Selah, his Nephew, AQ and others have a tight grip on the country.

    Then under Obama and In Afghanistan we have our Ally shooting our people in the back. Yet he committed us to another Decade of being there too.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by helix2048 View Post
    80 people died, I wouldn't consider that a good job.
    Pish. The job was to protect American lives, not those protesting and attacking. I consider it a great job.

    P.S. How do you know they were people? Could have been Liberals, Jihadist or other sudo-humans.
    Last edited by DVSentinel; 11-03-12 at 07:18 PM.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah and.....Bush is not who's got Shiznit happening on his watch. This time it's Obama's Watch.

    Course now with Obama we have 23 Embassies in 23 different countries that have been Rioted and Property Damaged All within a certain time period. Over Hundreds injured and none American. Yet did that stop them from rioting? Another First for Obama.....huh?

    Also Under Obama.....Head of Security Killed in Yemen, attempted Assassinaton of Selah, his Nephew, AQ and others have a tight grip on the country.

    Then under Obama and In Afghanistan we have our Ally shooting our people in the back. Yet he committed us to another Decade of being there too.
    The head of security was a Yemeni.. and its very likely he was killed by al Houthis, not AQ.

    Intelligence official offers new timeline for Benghazi attack – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This attack happened over seven hours. If we couldn't deploy armed helicopters from anywhere in the region in that length of time, we should be ashamed of ourselves. If we couldn't get armed drones in the air in less than seven hours, shame on us.

    I don't believe it. And I think they are just digging themselves a bigger hole.



    The only thing our planes can do is drop bombs? That's a bunch of baloney. Can anyone spell strafe?
    And Obama, Hillary and Panetta had no idea if the attack would last four hours or four days. As soon as they see their people in trouble help should be sent immediately, and I feel certain their fellow military members would feel the same way.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by helix2048 View Post
    80 people died, I wouldn't consider that a good job.
    It is not their job to protect everyone in the world. It is only their job to protect Americans. Doesn't your source know that?

  7. #77
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It is not their job to protect everyone in the world. It is only their job to protect Americans. Doesn't your source know that?
    My point is that 80 people working in the Embassy died. It doesn't matter if they were not Americans. They should be treated with the same respect, they are humans. It is our responsibility to look after everyone working in each Embassy. If we are going to throw that responsibility out of the window, then we need to pull our a**es out of every country we are in. I think we should do that anyway since the world didn't ask us to police the world. We can't even run our country right, so we shouldn't meddle in foreign affairs either.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

  8. #78
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Leon Panetta claimed that support wasn't sent, because it was, "dangerous". Now, the claim is that supporting forces were too far away.

    What's next weeks lie going to be?
    It's Bush's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by helix2048 View Post
    My point is that 80 people working in the Embassy died. It doesn't matter if they were not Americans. They should be treated with the same respect, they are humans. It is our responsibility to look after everyone working in each Embassy. If we are going to throw that responsibility out of the window, then we need to pull our a**es out of every country we are in. I think we should do that anyway since the world didn't ask us to police the world. We can't even run our country right, so we shouldn't meddle in foreign affairs either.
    It's not the foreign lives don't count, so don't be mischievous and try to lay some guilt on me, it's just that foreign Embassies are staffed mostly by foreigners. The dangerous and difficult situation in Libya was well known and the American Embassy, like the British Embassy and the Red Cross offices, should have been evacuated.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by helix2048 View Post
    My point is that 80 people working in the Embassy died. It doesn't matter if they were not Americans. They should be treated with the same respect, they are humans. It is our responsibility to look after everyone working in each Embassy. If we are going to throw that responsibility out of the window, then we need to pull our a**es out of every country we are in. I think we should do that anyway since the world didn't ask us to police the world. We can't even run our country right, so we shouldn't meddle in foreign affairs either.
    According to your own article, only 5 embassy employees died in the incidents listed. One listed 6 injured, but does not clarify if they were employees or visitors and one local guard dying. Where do you get 80 people working in the Embassy died?

    Respect is earned, not given. Common courtesy should exist, common respect is an unsupportable myth. In some of the cases, some of the dead were the attackers or part of them, for them I have absolutely no respect. If they want respect, let them put on a uniform, form actual fighting units and meet us honorably on a field of battle instead of acting like murderous criminals.

    Having an embassy someplace is not us attempting to "meddle in foreign affairs". We have embassies in every country that we politically recognize, and they have embassies and consulates here. Even ones we don't recognize have UN embassies in New York. None of which are established or maintained for military purposes.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •