Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 200

Thread: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

  1. #31
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    It is very difficult to google anything after it hits the right wing nut blogoshpere. It is literlally copied 1000's of times and every google hit is the same story on differnet RW blogs. Kinda silly really.
    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    You missed my point entirely. Is there some reason you are unable to check for yourself whether what the blog claims is true?

    Evidently not. Much easier to simply offer another embarrassing overgeneralization about what is "typical" for the right than to do a little Googling.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #32
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    You missed my point entirely. Is there some reason you are unable to check for yourself whether what the blog claims is true?

    Evidently not. Much easier to simply offer another embarrassing overgeneralization about what is "typical" for the right than to do a little Googling.
    Google to just find it on another fringe conservative site? no thanks

  3. #33
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,677

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ah, so the word comparison means nothing to you. More evidence you're not really here to do anything other than cheerlead for your side. As I said, if we're going to be up in arms about 4 dead Americans thanks to ****ty intelligence, then Bush's head needs to roll over 3000.
    You want a comparison? OK.

    We were attacked on 9/11/01. On 10/7/01, 27 days later, we were in Afghanistan along with a whole slew of allied forces.

    The attack on the consulate in Benghazi happened 9/11/11 and it is now coming up on 2 months later and there is still discussion about how much of this attack was instigated by a damned video or not.

    There's your comparison.

  4. #34
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    You want a comparison? OK.

    We were attacked on 9/11/01. On 10/7/01, 27 days later, we were in Afghanistan along with a whole slew of allied forces.

    The attack on the consulate in Benghazi happened 9/11/11 and it is now coming up on 2 months later and there is still discussion about how much of this attack was instigated by a damned video or not.

    There's your comparison.
    a foolish comparison. But okay.

    The knee jerk response has resulted in the longest war in US history, hundreds of billions of dollars, tens of thousands of dead and injured americans and allies, and not much to show for it.

    The reaction to benghazi has been first obfuscation to protect the cia smuggling op and determine if there's an intell leak, an executive order to find the sobs responsible, and await full details before taking precise, cost effective, managed risk response.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,677

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    a foolish comparison. But okay.

    The knee jerk response has resulted in the longest war in US history, hundreds of billions of dollars, tens of thousands of dead and injured americans and allies, and not much to show for it.

    The reaction to benghazi has been first obfuscation to protect the cia smuggling op and determine if there's an intell leak, an executive order to find the sobs responsible, and await full details before taking precise, cost effective, managed risk response.
    The response to Benghazi has been obfuscation alright but it's been for campaign reasons more than anything else. The FBI wasn't even on the ground there to start investigating for something like 24 days. Freaking CNN had Stevens diary before the State Department did so whatever the administration was doing it damned sure wasn't responding to the situation.

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Okay, so if we get up in arms about 4 dead Americans, will you ask for Bush's head over 3000?
    What was Bush to do? Splash 4 civilian aircraft, because someone THINKS they've been hijacked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #37
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    A poster put up an amazing video earlier this week. I can't find it. It showed individual soldiers being taken out from an airplane . . . with what looked to be short-burst strafing. (I know nothing, remember. Ha!) You could see the guns in their hands and slung across their backs. It was amazing.

    Edit: Not that I don't understand what you're saying, by the way. I just had a thought though. Why doesn't the U.S. military have tear gas they can disburse across a large area to handle mobs like that? If we don't? We should.
    It would have been even better if they had unicorns on-station to make the attackers have a change of heart. Hypothetical scenarios aside, tear gas would probably not have had the intended effect. It doesn't stop mortars. Plus, military application of chemical weapons against civilians tends to be frowned upon!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #38
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    It is a collection of stupidities. They can sniper rabbits from aircraft now, can easily see who is and isn't armed, and the comment about sending aircraft from NC was absurd. There were TWO carriers offshore.

    Remember Obama explaining how aircraft can land and take off of aircraft carriers? Now he's claiming he forgot about that?

    The OP is crap. The Secretary of Defense has already stated they pro-actively decided NOT to take any actions. Remember that press conferance statement he made?
    No they can't. They can target and kill a rabbit but they'll also kill the nineteen people standing nearby. Fighter aircraft "snipe" by firing hundreds of rounds out of a freaking cannon, or firing a freaking missile.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #39
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It would have been even better if they had unicorns on-station to make the attackers have a change of heart. Hypothetical scenarios aside, tear gas would probably not have had the intended effect. It doesn't stop mortars. Plus, military application of chemical weapons against civilians tends to be frowned upon!
    Yeah, we sure wouldn't want those guys carrying AK47's to start coughing.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #40
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: U.S. Offers New Details Of Deadly Libya Attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    The response to Benghazi has been obfuscation alright but it's been for campaign reasons more than anything else. The FBI wasn't even on the ground there to start investigating for something like 24 days. Freaking CNN had Stevens diary before the State Department did so whatever the administration was doing it damned sure wasn't responding to the situation.
    Unless of course the "consulate" was a sham, no more than a place for the cia to hang out, so they knew there was nothing of a sensitive/secret nature in that house. The diary notwithstanding.

    did you ever wonder why there were no guards on the house? was the CIA annex still occupied? If not, what happened to all the cia equipment etc?

    So, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by responding to the situation. Should they have invaded? should they have indiscriminantly bombed?
    I am amazed at how the right can be so sure of what transpired when they aren't in command of the facts. Seems they can extrapolate motive and meaning despite huge gaps in knowledge, and dozens of important pertinent questions remaining to be answered.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •