Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 673

Thread: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

  1. #501
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,192

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Somebody in a persistent vegetative state or a coma is functionally equal to a fetus. The only significant difference between the two is the coma patient has a significant likelihood of feeling pain if painful stimulus is presented.

    Both the fetus and the PVS/coma patient require life support to maintain "life".
    Both the fetus and the PVS/coma patient are unable to sustain life without constant access to life support systems.
    Both the fetus and the PVS/coma patient are completely and totally lacking consciousness.
    Both the fetus and the PVS/coma patient are often kept alive or allowed to die by the decisions of family members, with absolutely no input from themselves.

    So if you would not mandate that PVS/coma patients be kept alive, your absolutely idiotic demands for the cessation of abortion are ragingly hypocritical. If you would mandate that PVS/coma patients be kept alive, your point is still idiotic (not to mention painfully illogical).

    Perhaps it would serve you well to actually consider the true facts of the situation before utilizing arbitrary, fleeting, and wholly subjective morality to create a false reality in which abortion is somehow more than it is.
    I agree with your broader point, but I don't think the analogy is quite perfect since coma patients are usually let to die when there is little to no hope for recovery, while the fetus will "recover" into a person in less than 9 months.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    translation: you have no logic or facts to go against my claim while i do
    Your claim was outside of the scope of my intentions, so I don't care about it.

    yep, you told me his views and they provided evidence for exactly what i said lol
    If they do or not is hardly my concern.

    Lets make this clear. I came to defending him on want his thoughts were on the topic. Anything outside of that like your thoughts on them is immaterial. Since you admit those are his stances this is done and my job is completed. Your illogical nonsense and your complete ignorance on rights not withstanding.
    Last edited by Henrin; 10-26-12 at 04:56 PM.

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What's the point of raping a bitch if you can't force her to raise your bastard seed to boot?
    Honest question?

  4. #504
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)Your claim was outside of the scope of my intentions, so I don't care about it.



    If they do or not is hardly my concern.

    2.)Lets make this clear. I came to defending him on want his thoughts were on the topic. Anything outside of that like your thoughts on them is immaterial. Since you admit those are his stances this is done and my job is completed.

    3.)Your illogical nonsense
    4.)and your complete ignorance on rights not withstanding.
    1.) nice deflection, but your intentions as you stated where to help me understand where he was coming from, therefore you need logic to do that, you provided none

    2.) its not "my thought" its the facts based on what he posts, if you have FACTS that suggest otherwise by all means provide them or simply answer my question i asked you that he is scared to answer. Seems you are too.

    3 and 4.) again instead of just making these opinionated falsecalims by all means please provide proof LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #505
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,172

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What's the point of raping a bitch if you can't force her to raise your bastard seed to boot?
    That son of a bitch is a real bastard. No, seriously, he's a bastard.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) nice deflection, but your intentions as you stated where to help me understand where he was coming from, therefore you need logic to do that, you provided none
    This isn't a hard concept, is it? I had a goal, you agreed to the point I needed and then tried to expand past that point. I'm unwilling to go there with you. Understand?

    If my goal was to make you understand it fully I would be here the rest of my damn life and never get the job done.

  7. #507
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    This isn't a hard concept, is it? I had a goal, you agreed to the point I needed and then tried to expand past that point. I'm unwilling to go there with you. Understand?
    your goal failed because it changed nothing

    i see you still wont answer the question
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    your goal failed because it changed nothing
    You agreed with what each of his stances are and that is all I wanted. If you understand them is not my problem.

    i see you still wont answer the question
    Sorry, I don't care what your question was. In fact, I didn't even bother to read it when you posted it.

  9. #509
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)You agreed with what each of his stances are and that is all I wanted. If you understand them is not my problem.



    Sorry, I don't care what your question was. In fact, I didn't even bother to read it when you posted it.
    1.) again I fully understand them and the all point to he thinks the woman is less and the ZEF is more you denying that is meaningless unless of course you have any bit of logic or fact to show otherwise, many me and others have showed its true with logic and facts

    2.) translation: you are scared to answer it LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #510
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    A quick caveat. I had a longer response drafted but the browser crashed.

    Ultimately, that's fine. The original post was more polite, and as I was parsing and responding, I realized just how trashy and uncivil what I was responding to was.

    Brevity seems more appropriate anyway in light of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Somebody in a persistent vegetative state or a coma is functionally equal to a fetus.
    You don't appear to know the difference between brain death and a coma. Since this nuance is lost on you, I will proceed as though we were talking about brain death.

    The brain dead are not alive. So no, the dead are not really comparable to the living. That is a significant difference, also.


    So if you would not mandate that PVS/coma patients be kept alive, your absolutely idiotic demands for the cessation of abortion are ragingly hypocritical. If you would mandate that PVS/coma patients be kept alive, your point is still idiotic (not to mention painfully illogical).
    Perhaps you should work on your own poor rhetorical support for the human rights abuse for abortion before you criticize others? Here, let me help you with that by tearing this nonsense apart.

    First of all, I don't believe in mandating healthcare services, and especially not for the brain dead. If you want a service, you pay for it. If the patient's wishes were for all possible measures, and this was put into writing or told to a medical power of attorney, by all means, follow those wishes until there are no financial resources left... at which point no one is obliged to provide them for free and someone sometime before then probably advised against going so far. But no one is obliged to request healthcare services and no one should be obliged to give them.

    Bluntly, whatever possible relevance you are trying to draw between letting the dead be dead and violently killing someone who is alive... is quite obscure. Hell, just isolate your false equivalency between killing and letting die and you've aready got a logic problem regardless of the specifics of the conversation's context.

    There's no hypocrisy in letting someone die who wants to die or for not artificially sustaining the tissues of the brain dead... while also wanting laws to punish inflicting a violent death upon the living. These are almost entirely unrelated concepts and you have done a terrible job trying to link them, which to be fair, was kind of guaranteed when you tried in the first place. Hopefully you won't make such a ridiculous error of logic in the future, but you may also wish to beware Murphy's Law and its various corrolaries... when you go off on a long rant calling others idiots and illogical, you're probably more likely to say something stupid.

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •