Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 673

Thread: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

  1. #471
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I stated I can understand why someone might be tempted to do horrible things, either to themselves or to lash out at others. It's trauma. I get it. I can only sympathize.

    But just because you've been traumatized does not justify hurting someone else. Sorry. It just doesn't.

    You're trying to use "walk a mile in other people's shoes" to try and justify something that just can't be justified like that.
    Abortion doesn't hurt anybody else. Most abortions occur within 12 weeks, LONG BEFORE a fetus has developed the neural pathways and nerve ending necessary to feel and process pain. There is no awareness, no consciousness.

    What you're doing is interjecting your own beliefs on the condition of a fetus (which aren't backed by science, BTW) and thereby judging and condemning people who fail to abide by it. Remember: morality is subjective, scientific fact is not.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #472
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    As the sole party desiring the intercourse, the rapist should be the one held accountable for the pregnancy's related expenses, should he not?
    I'd be in favor of that, except that it's not always possible. You would hope that the rapist goes to jail, right? So he'll be unable to earn a living, what if he does not have the resources before going to prison?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #473
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I stated I can understand why someone might be tempted to do horrible things, either to themselves or to lash out at others. It's trauma. I get it. I can only sympathize.

    But just because you've been traumatized does not justify hurting someone else. Sorry. It just doesn't.

    You're trying to use "walk a mile in other people's shoes" to try and justify something that just can't be justified like that.
    LMAO
    unless that someone else is the woman

    guess we should walk a mile in your shoes amd maybe we will understand why its ok for you to hurt someone (the woman)

    its amazing you can even type these responses. They are so dishonest and hypocritical.

    "someone", only matters when its the ZEF to you and you make the fact more and more obvious with each post.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #474
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I think he does understand, i think he simply doesnt care, people should do what he says that thats that in his opinion. He views the ZEF as more important and nothing else really matters he just doesnt have the guts to admit it.
    I don't think that he's an uncaring person. That's an unfair criticism.

    I do get the feeling that he's starting from a pro-life standpoint and hasn't necessarily thought through all of the consequences of what he thinks is right.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #475
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'd be in favor of that, except that it's not always possible. You would hope that the rapist goes to jail, right? So he'll be unable to earn a living, what if he does not have the resources before going to prison?
    "Hi, Business X? This is Deputy Dude, with the Texas State Department of Corrections. I'm going to need you to employ this convicted rapist so he can pay for the pregnancy-related costs inflicted upon his victim."

    Can you imagine?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #476
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Abortion doesn't hurt anybody else.
    Except for the victim who is violently killed, you'd be right. Which means you're not.
    Last edited by JayDubya; 10-26-12 at 03:36 PM. Reason: lets just make it a new post

  7. #477
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    "Hi, Business X? This is Deputy Dude, with the Texas State Department of Corrections. I'm going to need you to employ this convicted rapist so he can pay for the pregnancy-related costs inflicted upon his victim."

    Can you imagine?
    Exactly.

    Do the expenses then fall to the government? Is it right to make the rest of us pay?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #478
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Except for the victim who is violently killed, you'd be right. Which means you're not.
    The "victim" has absolutely no conscious awareness....and never did prior to being aborted.

    You're hyperbolizing reality to justify an archaic, poorly supported world view.

    It's rather sad, honestly.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #479
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Not sure how you go from point A to point B there, but a court should force someone to be financially responsible for the costs they inflict upon others.

    Do you disagree?
    so the court should force someone to pay for all the unwanted babies then too if abortion is illegal because the fact remains that will be inflicted upon women

    your logic is so broken
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #480
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Indiana Republican: When life begins from rape, "God intended" it [W:266]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I don't think that he's an uncaring person. That's an unfair criticism.

    I do get the feeling that he's starting from a pro-life standpoint and hasn't necessarily thought through all of the consequences of what he thinks is right.
    who said he is totally uncaring about everything? not me

    I simply stated the fact he cares more about ZEFs than women, he doesnt care about the woman if its at the expense of the ZEF. The evidence of that adds up with just about every post of his.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •